England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England kind of ground away the way they tend to do under Southgate, and they probably deserved the win, this was possibly the worst team and performance I've seen from Germany at a tournament since das reboot.

The good news is Grealish got an actual assist, which should add about 150m to his 500m valuation based on him being the greatest player the world has ever seen, meaning he will definitely be well outside our fiscal reach and I won't have to watch the fucking wankhorn ever play for us.
Grealish won us the game. The victory was not ground out-it was earned by skill.
Your opinion about him and one or two other players is interesting but shall we say..flawed?

Last edited:
Did Shaw even put a foot wrong? He shut down Germany’s wingback on his side and created or setup both goals.

English pundits and journos are a bunch of weirdos when it comes to England.
Shaw was not good 1st half IMO but he was involved in both our goals.
Gareth got it right.

Shaw was not good 1st half IMO but he was involved in both our goals.

He seriously lacked energy and aggression for much of the game and was driving me nuts..... Obviously his goal involvement skews any subsequent verdict, but I'd have already subbed him off by then for Jack and dropped Saka in at WB which would have left us with:

Walker / Stone / Maguire
Trippier / Rice / Phillips / Saka
Grealish / Sterling
Kane​

Gareth got it right.

All's well that ends well. :)

Last edited:
People criticise him, but the percentage game suits England I think. I wouldn't say we are rock solid but we don't give up too many chances and the opposition have to be clinical to beat us. Southgate is doing alright and he's had a bit of luck. We could well win it.

We haven't conceded in four games now, six if you include the two pre tournament games. I'd say that's pretty rock solid. Stones and Maguire are as good a pair as there is in the competition.

Every side has a few chances created against them.

We haven't conceded in four games now, six if you include the two pre tournament games. I'd say that's pretty rock solid. Stones and Maguire are as good a pair as there is in the competition.

Every side has a few chances created against them.

Maguire impressed me tonight....

Just watching the highlights again and seeing Kate and William celebrating the goal made me smile. He was like most supporters and genuinely ecstatic when Sterling scored, whereas Kate seemed to be there under sufferance, politely clapping. They should have dressed George in an England shirt for the game, poor little mite having to wear a tie, ridiculous!

Just watching the highlights again and seeing Kate and William celebrating the goal made me smile. He was like most supporters and genuinely ecstatic when Sterling scored, whereas Kate seemed to be there under sufferance, politely clapping. They should have dressed George in an England shirt for the game, poor little mite having to wear a tie, ridiculous!

They are very much the formal face of the new genration of royals (William is definitely a chip off the old block) but I find them both very likeable. There was something very genuine about them in the zoom videos they were posting during lockdown.

Wish Kate would get a few pies down her though..... She's looking uncomfortably skinny.

He's become kind of an underrated player in a weird way. Just because a stupid club spent too much money on him doesn't mean he's not a dead solid CB.
He's a very good CB, whilst the £70-£80m was overpriced, that price was completely justified to Man U who desperately needed a quality CB, something they've not had since Vidic left. I think this is how we need to view player valuations more, what's the player worth to the team he's joining (this logic applies in reverse too and has been applied to many a player, Zaha & Messi would instantly come to mind)

He's become kind of an underrated player in a weird way. Just because a stupid club spent too much money on him doesn't mean he's not a dead solid CB.

I guess you're right; I still have fresh memories of him being roasted on a few occasions when we've played them recently though.

As an England fan I still worry he'll have the occasional 'mare.... Like the dumb red card he got in the qualifiers.

Last edited:
You never know, the little boy might have wanted to put those clothes on. I remember going to a wedding once and my son, who was that age, insisted on wearing the most god-awful jacket. They can be stubborn.

His sister may well have insisted on going as a unicorn princess.

35e4158c0ce51ff99fa18fdc8cc6642b.png

Him and Stones have been excellent so far. And let's not forget Mings too who put in two very decent performances himself in our first two games. So far our key players have been Pickford, Stones, Phillips and Sterling, in my opinion. Before a ball was kicked this tournament many would think it would be Kane, Mount and Foden, none of which who have had a big impact as of yet for different reasons.

Back
Top Bottom