Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
The so called melting is because of the whole incompetent process to end up with an uninspiring choice who plays functional football. Levy didn't seem interested early in the process and a 2 year contract shows there is no faith or confidence there. It's born out of desperation with pre season starting in 5 days.

Again, what's that got to do with whether or not Nuno plays an acceptable brand of football?

He either does or he doesn't......

Nowhere have I attempted to excuse the process.

So 10th or worse.... That gets predicted every year in some quarters......

I've not noticed that specifically, but I don't see us suddenly falling to apart.
In some quarters maybe, I'm a pessimistic person generally but over the last 5 years I've always thought we would be challenging at the top when it comes to Spurs.

There is absolutely nothing to be positive about right now, we've lost Bale, have a confirmed wantaway Kane, uninspiring new manager... all the clubs listed were either already ahead of us or neck and neck by the end of last season, and I haven't seen any of them bollocksing up their off seasons as spectacularly as us yet.

I hope I am wrong, and things may have changed by 3pm day 1 (or is it 16.15 day 2??), but right now I'm expecting an abysmal start and 8th place at best.

How come?

deloitte-uk-dfml21-info-slide1.jpg

Didn't want him, and got zero expectations that he will last more than a season, wasn't our first choice and we will be nothing more than a mid table team next season.

Not going to get angry over it though, there is zero point in raging against it, accepted it a while ago.

I would like to be the first to congratulate Snr. Espirito Santo on his appointment. I wish him all the very best of luck in the forthcoming season.

He'll need it.

Chairman Daniel Levy: “First of all, I’d like to welcome Nuno to the Club. We should like to thank our supporters for all their patience throughout this process. I’ve spoken already about the need to revert back to our core DNA of playing attacking, entertaining football and Fabio and I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special.”

You absolute lying mutha......

For those that don't talk weasel that sentence translates to "there is fuck all money for transfers, I spunked it all on the Jose payoff and the super league fines so we have to hope the youth lads can do a Kane"

We have preseason starting next week I believe?

Someone had to be chosen this week. I’m just glad that this farce did not spill over to the preseason.
The farce spilled out more than long enough. Was it May he was available from? Then we fucked about preteding we were going after a World class manager or some decent managers.All the while, the Italian cocksocket was lining up this whammy so that his nightly Jorges Mendes blowjob might result in two pats on the head for being an extra good boy.

So is arguing against points I've not attempted to make.

Care to explain what you find funny about this fact, mate:

"This whole saga doesn't make Nuno any more or less able as a manager."

???
I found it funny because you missed the point he was making

This protracted saga has ofcourse not made Nuno a lesser manager

The point is that he is someone we clearly had no interest in until we'd fucked up every other avenue

You are accusing people of melting but what do you honestly expect

It's been a complete shit show. Your no idiot mate , you must realise that or at least understand why people are so angry right now

Back
Top Bottom