Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
In some quarters maybe, I'm a pessimistic person generally but over the last 5 years I've always thought we would be challenging at the top when it comes to Spurs.

There is absolutely nothing to be positive about right now, we've lost Bale, have a confirmed wantaway Kane, uninspiring new manager... all the clubs listed were either already ahead of us or neck and neck by the end of last season, and I haven't seen any of them bollocksing up their off seasons as spectacularly as us yet.

I hope I am wrong, and things may have changed by 3pm day 1 (or is it 16.15 day 2??), but right now I'm expecting an abysmal start and 8th place at best.

What our squad looks like by the end of the window will obviously play a massive part(*), but based on what we saw here managerially last season, I don't see why one should assume Nuno will make us worse.

(*not sure 'losing' Bale is much to cry about.)

What our squad looks like by the end of the window will obviously play a massive part(*), but based on what we saw here managerially last season, I don't see why one should assume Nuno will make us worse.

(*not sure 'losing' Bale is much to cry about.)
Got to be honest mate. Do you ever agree with anything? You're so fucking disruptive it's unreal.

The short duration of his contract makes me wonder if this is a stop gap hiring until Poch becomes free next year.
No, There’s no real vision it’s just chaos. If the club doesn’t significantly offload so many shit players this summer you’ll know exactly what we’re on for this upcoming season

He doesn't play a brand of football that has worked for us over the years no. He is more AVB/Mourinho than he is Jol/Redknapp/Poch.

Go back to my very first post on the matter.... Your opinion re: style ISN'T unanimous.... That's all I have pointed out (that and the fact that the callers into TS were more calm than some here). Both things are facts.

It's unnecessary directing the rest of your monologue in my direction.

Last edited:
Didn't even click on this thread before because I was so bored of all the speculation.

I was sure we were waiting for a Euro manager to leave their post given how long it took, but apparently not.

Well there we have it. Always liked the guy and will of course support him, and reserve judgement until I have seen him in action.

It doesn't inspire me and probably wont the players either. But that doesn't mean he wont do a good job for us.

Now over to the transfer business - the part I'm dreading and feel excited about in equal measures.

COYS!

Right now I reckon we'll finish below the usual suspects, as well as Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Woolwich and Leeds, in no particular order.

I can't believe there are people that actually think we might scrape 4th, and that the worst that might happen is 6th.
I have us somewhere between 9-12th assuming Kane stays. With no Kane I wouldn't rule out a relegation scrap.

Got to be honest mate. Do you ever agree with anything? You're so fucking disruptive it's unreal.

Yeh, I throw around a shit load of agrees and likes.......

However, what the fuck is this sweet harmony you think I'm otherwise disrupting btw..... I've just had 4 months off from posting..... Please don't try and tell me it was like Eden in my absence.

Back
Top Bottom