Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I met him at Peter Pan's playground at Southend, he'd only been with us a couple of months at the time. Luckily I had my camera with me so was able to capture the moment. Just a lovely, lovely guy.

As an Essex boy I know that place very well (In a naughty teenaged boy kinda way!).... Hard to imagine today's football types frequenting it now! 🙂

No Hoddle in there? I'm truly shocked..:avbshock:
My favourites were not necessarily the best players, as Hoddle would have been top of the list. As I said, the ones I selected just hit a nerve, I suppose. Mickey Hazard is up there too, if you ever hear him talk about his love for Spurs, you'd know what I mean. And Daws too, and Chrissie Hughton. And Robbo. Blimey, you've started something now, I'll be up all night worrying about who I've left out.

As a kid Hoddle was majestic to watch and to learn from. Remember my dad taking me to qpr away on the plastic pitch. Hoddle ran the show and won 5-2. The whole team was awesome that era. Just oozed class. Graham roberts as well. What a leader. Vertonghen imo could compare dare i say to blanchflower. Class act.

I can't tell you how much I love this man, he has moved up to joint third favourite player of all time! So much that I have named my new gnome Super Jan (might have to get a Superman transfer to put on his chest!) 😍 😍

s-l300.jpg

Proper baller.

Injury to Jan☹
Jan Vertonghen will miss the two-legged Champions League play-off against PSV after picking up an injury against Spartak Moscow. The Belgium international will not train for the next three weeks and will only return to the starting line-up after the international break in mid-September.

The central defender was replaced by Morato at half-time due to an injury that, according to Record, is a muscle rupture in the left thigh calf. Thus, the Belgian will also miss the League matches against Arouca, Gil Vicente and Tondela.

Injury to Jan☹
Jan Vertonghen will miss the two-legged Champions League play-off against PSV after picking up an injury against Spartak Moscow. The Belgium international will not train for the next three weeks and will only return to the starting line-up after the international break in mid-September.

The central defender was replaced by Morato at half-time due to an injury that, according to Record, is a muscle rupture in the left thigh calf. Thus, the Belgian will also miss the League matches against Arouca, Gil Vicente and Tondela.
:(

Injury to Jan☹

Vertonghen has recovered and will probably play tomorrow against PSV :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom