Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched him several times last season for Stoke. He's actually a very good footballer but miles away physically. Strength, endurance, durability all need to improve. Hope to god he can get a good loan this year and play 30+ Championship games like Skipp did and he can add a few goals to his game, he does have the ability.
Stoke reportedly want him back on loan. Which means he made a good impression on them before it got cut short due to injury.

Send him back to the Potters for a year I say.

Not a prayer of making it here. It was a total waste of 10M quid. He wouldn't get in the Leeds team now and that's 2 years after we signed him.

He's a championship level player.

Funnily enough another poster said something similar about 6 years ago about another player who had been on loan - so sure he was right he bet he'd eat his pants if the player made it in PL.

For some reason he stopped posting for a year after others asked him to honour his bet when Harry Kane scored 3 goals in his first 3 PL starts under Sherwood.

Kid needs to toughen up. He has the ability but more than once I have seen an FB put the frighteners on him.
Pre-season after he and many other players will have watched teammates lifting a trophy will be very interesting. But chances are another loan for JC.

Last edited:
Kid needs to toughen up. He has the ability but more than once I have seen an FB put the frighteners on him.
Pre-season after he and many other players will have watched teammates lifting a trophy will be very interesting. But chances are another loan for JC.

Had a decent half season loan with Stoke but brought to an end early due to injury.

Certainly needs another loan before thinking about Spurs first team as 19/20 season was a wash out for him. Still only 20, so has time

Next couple of seasons - don't forget Ryan Mason was 23 before becoming a regular at CM for Spurs in Poch's first season.
Ryan Mason wasn't good enough either which is why he was sold to Hull. Who were then relegated back the Championship and subsequently league 1. It's a good comparison because that's the level Clarke will end up at.

Of course i'll be happy to eat my words should he prove myself (and many others) wrong and go on to have a glittering top-flight career like Kane did. Unfortunately the odds on that are quite a bit longer than the odds on him emulating the career trajectory of Mason.

Ryan Mason wasn't good enough either which is why he was sold to Hull. Who were then relegated back the Championship and subsequently league 1. It's a good comparison because that's the level Clarke will end up at.

Of course i'll be happy to eat my words should he prove myself (and many others) wrong and go on to have a glittering top-flight career like Kane did. Unfortunately the odds on that are quite a bit longer than the odds on him emulating the career trajectory of Mason.

He doesn't need to reach Kane levels to be considered good though.....

Still if he ends up being sold for 20m-odd like Mason ; it won't have been all bad.

I actually thought there was a player in there with Clarke but something about him doesn’t fill me with confidence

He doesn't need to reach Kane levels to be considered good though.....

Still if he ends up being sold for 20m-odd like Mason ; it won't have been all bad.
13M for Mason but he cost nothing. We paid 10M for Clarke and we'll do well to recover that investment. If he did end up being sold for 20M that would be an achievement but given the time and investment in his progress nothing really to shout about.

Ryan Mason was good enough for Poch to have him as first choice cm for a year - and I am not convinced that Sissko was an improvement either and he's lasted about 5 years at Spurs.

Happy if Clarke is a squad player for a yar or two - very few players go on to have the career that Harry did so not a fair comparison. But it is fair in so far as too many fans were writing Harry off before Sherwood started him in PL and he scored in his first 3 starts,.

13M for Mason but he cost nothing. We paid 10M for Clarke and we'll do well to recover that investment. If he did end up being sold for 20M that would be an achievement but given the time and investment in his progress nothing really to shout about.

We bought Sissoko for apprantly £30m

Just a bad buy, and was imposssible to sell 2 or 3 years ago due to hogh wages.

Sadly I'd guess that less than 50% of players bought by most clubs perform at anything like pre-buying expectation.

Football.london understands that there is interest in Clarke from two teams in the Championship and one club in Belgium about taking him on loan this season.
That would be best for him. He won't play in our first team.

Better to let him play competitively at a lower level than keep him here doing nothing and playing for the under 23's.

Back
Top Bottom