England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People keep going on about Grealish but have these people not thought that perhaps the reason he's having the impact he is, is because he's coming on in the second half against tiring opposition?
Giving that guy 90 or 20 minutes shouldn't even be a question. He's proven over the past season or so that he can impact the game like most of the english attacker can't. We'll see. But I din't buy into that argument.

That’s actually a pretty decent line-up from Gareth. Not perfect but about as good as you could hope for.

If he doesn’t wait too long to bring in Grealish, especially if it’s a close game, then he could be close to getting it right.

England can just F off now! Pricks having a 10 day self isolation for everyone traveling to England so it’s impossible to go to the stadium to watch a semi or the final. Hope you have to fill your own stadium without England in the mix

:mourfinger:

Even Azerbaijan is a better host
I think that’s only for people on a register

England can just F off now! Pricks having a 10 day self isolation for everyone traveling to England so it’s impossible to go to the stadium to watch a semi or the final. Hope you have to fill your own stadium without England in the mix

:mourfinger:

Even Azerbaijan is a better host
It's utter crap mate and as close to irregular competitiin as it gets.

What a wonderful video!

*Turns away from screen to pen shakey-fist letter to The Guardian*

So little diversity! These poor children with their white-suprematist "teachers" and parents... (cont. p.94)

Kid in the Abu Dhabi FC shirt should have been sent home pronto tbf..... :adestare:

Giving that guy 90 or 20 minutes shouldn't even be a question. He's proven over the past season or so that he can impact the game like most of the english attacker can't. We'll see. But I din't buy into that argument.

I'm not saying he can't make an impact if he starts. Not at all. But we have a ton of options and there are gonna be some great players not starting games. Southgate likes pace alongside Kane and Grealish isn't as quick as some other options. His strengths aren't pace and mobility.

I genuinely though Rashford would start games this tournament despite his somewhat dodgy form for United last season as he's been a Southgate favourite, but credit to Southgate for not going down that road.

Apparently Sancho starts in order to give us width against a back 5.... Cue Harry vs 3 CBs and a national slating again. :roll:

.....Create width with the WBs Gary, ffs!!!!!

Last edited:
I have respect for Southgate, still don't think he's the level for his job. But I don't get this stuff from english media "brave move putting Sancho and going to 4 at the back"...

You are playing against Ukraine. And all you got in attack is close to world class or world class talent. Bravery has nothing to do with it.
Still think England are gonna struggle to create without Grealish.

His style isn't the most pleasing but at the end of the day he's taken England to a World-Cup semi, a Nations League semi and now a Quarter-final of the Euro's. His record is excellent. Yeah, England got a bit lucky in the World Cup with the draw but you can only beat who's in front of you at the end of the day.

Most people want to see goals and numerous chances created every game. England have the players to do that, but if he's winning games there's not a lot to criticize really.

Oooo Reaction GIF

Back
Top Bottom