England vs. Ukraine July 3rd 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This match has a real feel of the England V Croatia World Cup Semi Final - it's almost been a carbon copy

We went 1 up very early on in that..... Then sat back..... Seemingly we were running the show. The pundits were all saying we looked comfortable and good keeping possession........ Real fans were screaming that we were tarting about instead of pushing on.

Then Croatia equalised and we couldn't get ourselves up again.

Basically we need a 2nd goal as if its 1 nil at 75 minutes Ukraine are going to come at us big time.

This match has a real feel of the England V Croatia World Cup Semi Final - it's almost been a carbon copy

We went 1 up very early on in that..... Then sat back..... Seemingly we were running the show. The pundits were all saying we looked comfortable and good keeping possession........ Real fans were screaming that we were tarting about instead of pushing on.

Basically we need a 2nd goal as if its 1 nil at 75 minutes Ukraine are going to come at us big time.
Croatia then were much better than Ukraine are now.

Ukraine are nowhere near the same quality of that Croatian side though. We're doing alright. There'll be more space in the second half and if we pass the ball forward quicker there's goals there for us.

Really?

I just see a side controlling possession and trying to break down a stubborn defence.

My only complaint is I’d like to see Maguire or Stones hit a direct pass to the opposite wing; move the ball quicker.
Just moving the ball very slow, conservative passing from the two cm's, Sancho tried to get a few moves going with combination play that other players just ended by passing it back to cb's. I get what they're doing, and it could win them the tournament all going well, but concede a goal or two to Denmark and are they able to just flick a switch and start playing dynamic football? They should be, but I don't know. Still expect them to win this by two or three.

The people moaning about England's style of play are probably the same cretins that used to moan that we don't keep possession well enough at times like other top nations have always done.

What some people actually know about football here you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
After writing ‘War and Peace’ on it!

Yep

Hate it when teams try and see out a 1-0 its a risky game, they could thundercunt one in from 35 yards out of nowhere or somebody could make a mistake. It's too risky.
When you are superior to a team then go for the 2nd

I mean how many times did Spurs dominate this season then throw it away in the final 10?

The people moaning about England's style of play are probably the same cretins that used to moan that we don't keep possession well enough at times like other top nations have always done.

What some people actually know about football here you could write on the back of a postage stamp.
I like the way we're set up today much more than the 3 at the back we used v the Germans. Much better balance to the side.

I'm still not totally sold on the Rice\Phillips pivot but with the attacking 4 ahead of them it's not so much an issue as it is when we play that extra defensive player.

Back
Top Bottom