Pie&Mash shop in the High Rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bless her, you would go round one day and there would be pigs trotters in a pot , then another day there would b e chopped up eels in a bowl

Yeah, nans were weird in those days. Mine would cook all the strange bits that we’ll chuck in the bin today. And then eat them!
That generation didn't believe in waste! And you ate what you were given, or went hungry!

That generation didn't believe in waste! And you ate what you were given, or went hungry!
True story !
The truth is that most of that stuff that Nan cooked was pretty good if you didn't know what went into it !!
I cook ham hocks all the time & they are delicious. We have become a very delicate society that only wants the prime cuts. What is funny is that sausage, chicken nuggets & various meat pies are all made with the cuts that no-one wants to eat but everyone loves when it's not visible.

True story !
The truth is that most of that stuff that Nan cooked was pretty good if you didn't know what went into it !!
I cook ham hocks all the time & they are delicious. We have become a very delicate society that only wants the prime cuts. What is funny is that sausage, chicken nuggets & various meat pies are all made with the cuts that no-one wants to eat but everyone loves when it's not visible.
I defy you to say 'I cook ham hocks' ten times quickly, without saying, 'I cook ham cocks', or something.

Managed it 10 times yet?
Oysters are supposed to be an aphrodisiac but I ate a dozen last night and only ten of them worked.
Great user name BTW.
For some reason I decided to google flaneur (Flâneur)

For the perfect flâneur, for the passionate spectator, it is an immense joy to set up house in the heart of the multitude, amid the ebb and flow of movement, in the midst of the fugitive and the infinite. To be away from home and yet to feel oneself everywhere at home; to see the world, to be at the centre of the world, and yet to remain hidden from the world—impartial natures which the tongue can but clumsily define.

The spectator is a prince who everywhere rejoices in his incognito. The lover of life makes the whole world his family, just like the lover of the fair sex who builds up his family from all the beautiful women that he has ever found, or that are or are not—to be found; or the lover of pictures who lives in a magical society of dreams painted on canvas.

Thus the lover of universal life enters into the crowd as though it were an immense reservoir of electrical energy. Or we might liken him to a mirror as vast as the crowd itself; or to a kaleidoscope gifted with consciousness, responding to each one of its movements and reproducing the multiplicity of life and the flickering grace of all the elements of life.

A load of bollocks, of course but if loafing is involved I'm all for it!

Oysters are supposed to be an aphrodisiac but I ate a dozen last night and only ten of them worked.
Great user name BTW.

For the perfect flâneur, for the passionate spectator, it is an immense joy to set up house in the heart of the multitude, amid the ebb and flow of movement, in the midst of the fugitive and the infinite. To be away from home and yet to feel oneself everywhere at home; to see the world, to be at the centre of the world, and yet to remain hidden from the world—impartial natures which the tongue can but clumsily define.

The spectator is a prince who everywhere rejoices in his incognito. The lover of life makes the whole world his family, just like the lover of the fair sex who builds up his family from all the beautiful women that he has ever found, or that are or are not—to be found; or the lover of pictures who lives in a magical society of dreams painted on canvas.

Thus the lover of universal life enters into the crowd as though it were an immense reservoir of electrical energy. Or we might liken him to a mirror as vast as the crowd itself; or to a kaleidoscope gifted with consciousness, responding to each one of its movements and reproducing the multiplicity of life and the flickering grace of all the elements of life.

And there was I thinking it was a little quiche!

Great user name BTW.

Great jokes in your recent posts - I love one-liners.

As for 'Flaneur', the username has a special place in my heart, as I adopted it for my experiment on SC, to see how long it would take to get permanently banned. I'm so glad Admin Admin didn't bring in the '6 month' rule until I'd adopted it here, in hommage to my dear departed SC self.
Tart and Potartoe are okay, but they don't quite convey the sense of dilitante, wasteful, snotty arrogance, of slothful, aimless, wandering and self-appreciation that sums me up so well. Plus, the word's got flan in it - yum yum. 'Flaneur', or a variant of it, may persist for a while.

Back on topic - I wonder if they'll ever be doing flans in the Pie & Mash Shop? Really can't wait to sample their wares.

Back
Top Bottom