A New World

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A post warning is open to interpretation.

It may be that you're receiving foul votes on a post and so the warning is a suggestion that you might want to delete or edit your post slightly to avoid any further votes.

It could be me spotting an off topic argument about to brew and so I'm politely tapping you (and whoever you're locked in a forum war with) on the shoulder and wondering if you could perhaps ceasefire.

The more fun question is... what happens if I ignore post warnings?
You can make a post that warrants a warning, but as long as you edit it quickly and no new users can see it then that's ok?

You can make a post that warrants a warning, but as long as you edit it quickly and no new users can see it then that's ok?
If you like. Someone might quote you and I can always see deleted posts and a posts edit history though. So I guess it depends what you've decided to edit the post from and to.

What you seem to be asking here is "can I be a twat and get away with it?"

... I can always see deleted posts and a posts edit history though. ...
What about things people type, but don't post? Can you see that?

And the things people are thinking? How about that?

And should I put tape over my webcam?

Right, at my desk and full of coffee now. The first point below is the important one that you can always refer back to if you don't agree with anything or have questions about what I say here.
  • I've decided to run the site how I want to now and I'll decide what to warn people for, who to sin bin, who to ban etc. I completely understand this makes me sound like a monumental "it's my ball and I'm taking it home" bellend. Which is fine. This is where I'm at with the forum now. 10 years of reading adults call each other names takes it's toll on a man.
  • The Nuno thread is absolutely not the right place to discuss why you've got a warning. Continuing to tag me in that thread asking why is more likely to just make me want to chuck you in the sin bin. I know you wrote on my profile (which was the right thing to do and I probably should've replied) but I have neither the time or the inclination to reply to everyone asking for a breakdown for why they got a warning. I'll probably just reply using a condensed version of point 1 above in future.
  • The number of likes on a post has nothing to do with whether a post receives a warning. What you don't see are the number of foul votes you were racking up for that post. You edited it slightly and you didn't receive any further votes. So, if anything, I did you a favour.
  • As I explained to ArcspacE above, a post warning can mean a few things. In your case it was this: "It may be that you're receiving foul votes on a post and so the warning is a suggestion that you might want to delete or edit your post slightly to avoid any further votes." So just take it for what it is, a warning. You can ignore it, if you like, but don't act surprised if you end up with a yellow card or in the sin bin.
  • I'm not going to catch everything. There will be plenty of instances where people feel hard done by because "I got a warning but _______ didn't." I don't have the time to read everything.
  • You're quite welcome to disagree with all this, call me a c*nt, continue to write similar posts etc. You're also quite welcome to use any other Spurs forum. Moaning about how a forum is run baffles me. If you don't like it, start your own forum or go somewhere else... or I can always make that decision for you 🙂
  • Have a great day. I love you. I hate that you've all turned me into this prick.
Ginolaflair Ginolaflair - I'll tag you as well because I think you've asked a few questions about warnings.

Appreciate the well considered reply - and despite what you might think you becoming more active in managing the site is great news - it is your ball so if you want to 'take it home' that's your right.

My point was that if you are issuing warnings (and I don't see very many) just a short one liner to the poster receiving said warning with an explanation would be appreciated - but it's your ball so your rules.

Why am I only finding out about this today...haven't been on here as much for the last few weeks as I had got a bit sick of the continuous cunt offs and then I spent the last few days wondering who the fuck this Admin character is and why hasn't be been binned by Case for pretending to be the Admin....now I find out he is the fucking Admin... to which I say, about bloody time...

Why am I only finding out about this today...haven't been on here as much for the last few weeks as I had got a bit sick of the continuous cunt offs and then I spent the last few days wondering who the fuck this Admin character is and why hasn't be been binned by Case for pretending to be the Admin....now I find out he is the fucking Admin... to which I say, about bloody time...
Glad you're back - I really enjoy your posts.

So you’re happy with one poster calling another poster a ‘twat’ written in peas and receiving a caution???

Good your back.

Tbh, I felt the same way a little while ago and seriously thought about leaving.
It wasn't the cunt offs, it was the constant, repetitive negativity about the whole club.
The owners (fair enough)
Mason /managers
Players
Etc, etc.

But fuck it, I don't take it seriously.

Good your back.

Tbh, I felt the same way a little while ago and seriously thought about leaving.
It wasn't the cunt offs, it was the constant, repetitive negativity about the whole club.
The owners (fair enough)
Mason /managers
Players
Etc, etc.

Stop swearing 🤬

Good your back.

The owners (fair enough)
Mason /managers
Players
Etc, etc.

Yeah, the constant negativity was getting me down too, I am trying to rise above it but yeah, fuck'em....

Sorry Bazali Bazali

Back
Top Bottom