Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ten Hag turned Spurs down as decided to stay at Ajax. I would have had him too but early on he became a non starter.

Yep I like Rangnick but like many times in the past he gets linked with jobs outside Germany but never seems to actually take one, very strange. Campos already rejected Spurs when his mate Jose was here so again that was not an option now.

Agree about following the Ajax and Dortmund models, that is the best we can ever hope for whilst miserly Levy and Lewis are control of the club

Where did you get the information that Ten Hag turned us down? The reports I have read is that it was more of us not wanting him. I could see if he turned us down after all the Poch and Conte links, but haven't seen any indication that if we had gone after him initially that he would have said no.

With Rangnick I think he clearly isn't looking to take a job just to have a job. He was very close with AC Milan but when they wouldn't give him what he wanted he backed out. I think with Levy it likely wouldn't work as Levy wouldn't give up control that he should to a proven guy like Rangnick.

Not sure I have seen the Campos rejecting us links either. I know many have said that they think he wouldn't come here because of his ties to Jose, but that seems like lazy journalism based on guessing rather than actual reporting, but could be true. I think if given what he wanted, a club like Spurs would be very appealing to him.

I'm no expert on Italian football but from what I read he did some good things and probably some not so good at Juve. His record though (from how Juve performed) is pretty good. Its too easy to say the right decisions were because of working with someone else, how would you know. I'm not saying he was 100% the right pick but he was probably in the top 3. Sometimes you don't get your top pick and you have to work with the next one available.

Isolating out Fonseca, Gattuso and Nuno as our top 3 candidates just because they were the last 3 names linked is being very selective. The argument (believing every link going) was that Nagelsmann, Poch and Conte were our top 3 targets - we didn't get them. Rightly or wrongly, we then moved onto others, amongst them - Fonseca, Gattuso and Nuno (plus quite a few others allegedly). We got Nuno. Certainly not my top pick at the beginning but if out of the others available he was the one that Paratici thinks he can best work with (and he had recommended him at Juve apparently) then I am happy to go with his judgement.

We only get to see small parts of the decision making process and never ever know the full story so at some point you have to trust in the process.
Yeah, but what if you've totally lost faith in their decision making ability after so many duffers?

When it comes to who is the best DOF it will also be opinion.

This is irrelevant to the point at hand which is you writing of FP as shite before he even got through the door and refering to his failure like it is set in stone.

You're not an oracle..... You don't have a crystal ball..... Your arrogance is unfounded.

For me Rangnick was the guy based on his work in setting up the RB system. While we likely aren't going to have a direct feeder club like RB has with Salzburg, the model of brining in young players and having the youth academy working with the first team seems like the kind of set up that Levy talks about wanting with the sustainable club he consistently talks about.
Could we not have an arrangement with Aberdeen? Maddison seemed to prosper there and it certainly would help both parties.

This is irrelevant to the point at hand which is you writing of FP as shite before he even got through the door and refering to his failure like it is set in stone.

You're not an oracle..... You don't have a crystal ball..... Your arrogance is unfounded.

There is no arrogance just you as usual crying because I am giving my opinion like everyone else.

I never claimed to be an oracle, never claimed my opinion was fact, just stated my opinion.

Did you quote the wrong post?
It was the mention of feeder team that I was driving at. Spurs used to have a "nursery" team and as the FA/Premier League don't want to go down the b team route it seemed like an idea to have a team in an inferior league to develop talent. RB (and Rangnick) had that with Salzburg/Leipzig and it strikes me that it could work

It was the mention of feeder team that I was driving at. Spurs used to have a "nursery" team and as the FA/Premier League don't want to go down the b team route it seemed like an idea to have a team in an inferior league to develop talent. RB (and Rangnick) had that with Salzburg/Leipzig and it strikes me that it could work

Ok sorry I didn't pick up on that.

Paratici has a great flair for the players but he must have an "administrative" boss who guides him in the management. As long as he worked with Marotta he was excellent. Subsequently with too many roles in my opinion he made serious mistakes.
Well levy is the admin king

it’s when he deviates from that he’s a bit of a berk

I
They did not make many moves for quality young players. The biggest ones De Ligt and Pogba were massive deals with Raiola that Levy will not go for.

His best moves was using the pull and financial spending of Juve to bring in guys on big wages, something again that Levy will not do.

There are no parameters in which Fonseca, Gattuso or Nuno should have been viable options to bring in. Coupled with his two managerial hires at Juve without Marotta it shows a pattern of terrible managerial decisions.
In fairness there’s very limited scope for youngsters with teams that top their league

id never heard of the bloke before I’m unsure how you’ve accumulated so much information on him to hate him this vehemently

I

In fairness there’s very limited scope for youngsters with teams that top their league

id never heard of the bloke before I’m unsure how you’ve accumulated so much information on him to hate him this vehemently

I don’t hate him, I just don’t think he is a good fit for our club.

As for getting information on him he worked at Juventus for the past ten years it isn’t exactly difficult to see what they have done and how they have operated during that time.

He also has been involved in a pretty key hiring for us as well to start out his career, so again plenty of information out there to base opinions on.

This is the first time we've had a sporting director who got the chance to pick his manager and build things to a coherent idea. I don't know if Paratici will actually do that, but it's the first time we've genuinely got some joined up thinking. The players we've been linked with this window are encouraging, as there haven't been links to any genuinely bad players. That was always an issue in the past. We might find good players, but it seemed like some people were always getting distracted by really awful players as well. If we can cut out the crap, that will be a major win on its own.

This is the first time we've had a sporting director who got the chance to pick his manager and build things to a coherent idea. I don't know if Paratici will actually do that, but it's the first time we've genuinely got some joined up thinking. The players we've been linked with this window are encouraging, as there haven't been links to any genuinely bad players. That was always an issue in the past. We might find good players, but it seemed like some people were always getting distracted by really awful players as well. If we can cut out the crap, that will be a major win on its own.
Agree.... this system - whether it brings trophies or not - seems to have been set up to avoid the stockpiling of 'deadwood' ...we (like plenty of other clubs) have bought some players based on a coupla good performances, or a purple patch, but who couldn't really maintain that, or add anything to the team in terms of long term improvement.

The DoF model SEEMS in principle, to at least have more of a plan... the targets are more specific to our needs, and not just bulk buying quite similar AMs in CASE one of them turns out alright....

I get the feeling we're gonna be linked with every player in Mendes' little black book (except Ronaldo, of course!) But the ones Partrici actually sanctions, will be an overall better fit for us.

Yes we have been here before.... You'd been misquoting me above... Not that you'll acknowledge that.

If I've misinterpretted what you were implying... Cool. I can happily be the bigger man and hold my hands up if that's the case.

I still think you're blowing my original comments way out of proportion.

I was responding to your example about the ESL (which YOU used as the sole 'qualifier' for your rebuttal about "demarkation").

Last word is yours... It's all got too meta now..... I'm done here.
You either say you misinterpreted what I said and you hold your hands up for doing so or not, it doesn't make you a "bigger man", it just an acknowledgement of the fact.

I'm not trying to blow up your comments. I just stating that I think he's doing his job by giving interviews, which disagree with your opinion that he shouldn't give them and get on with his job. That's all.

If you think this isn't part of his job and should be doing something else instead then fine, but post that and expect people (me) to disagree with it and give their reasons why. Sorry if this upsets you.

Throughout all of this dialogue, all I've done is give you reasons why I feel this way, I think that's courtesy rather than the usual collection on here that just hit the disagree button and don't say a single word. Not seen you've offered your specific reasons as to what makes his interview interfere with his job.

There have been links to bad players and a lot of links to very mediocre players.

Seems like the typical Spurs links with a little more Italian garbage thrown in.

There have been links to bad players and a lot of links to very mediocre players.

Seems like the typical Spurs links with a little more Italian garbage thrown in.
I haven't seen them. Though I do actively ignore SC ITK stuff, so, I could very easily be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom