Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Zomb's crusade against Pierre is rivalling Sammy's crusade against Harry as one of the most embarrassingly shit takes in all of the forum for the past year. Incredible amounts of inactive brain cells.

He’s one of the key reasons I have no doubts they will get raped by England. Jumped up clogger
fun sees GIF

The problem with Hojberg is that I just don't see what he does well.

He doesn't pass well, he doesn't protect the centre halves well, he's not athletic, he is a trier and gets about the pitch, but he's not a stand out player. A definite upgrade from Winks and Sissoko, but that's about it.

No doubt we'll get plenty of stats about "tackles" and "pressures" and "xG" and "H20" and shit.

Can we get that kid Damsgaurd is it? To sign whilst he is there. Perfect Lamela up grade.
We we're linked with him in February so I went out of my way to watch him and he was often anonymous for Sampdoria. Shunted out on the left wing mostly, obviously looked a talented player, but really didn't think he had this level of performance in him. In a more dynamic, athletic and talented team with movement around him and playing in a role with more freedom he really looks to have something special.

I think he'll cost around 30m after the Euro's though.

He doesn't pass well, he doesn't protect the centre halves well, he's not athletic, he is a trier and gets about the pitch, but he's not a stand out player. A definite upgrade from Winks and Sissoko, but that's about it.

No doubt we'll get plenty of stats about "tackles" and "pressures" and "xG" and "H20" and shit.
See, you can say those things but it doesn't make them true. All tournament he's passed well, he's pressed well, he's got around the pitch at a good pace and made it hard for the other team to play. I don't know how people think he isn't athletic, he's a fairly strong and forceful athlete with decent pace. He whiffs on some tackles and oversells himself at times. He skews his passes on occasion. He's not elite at much, but he's a good all-round PL midfielder, and has an exceptional attitude.

He was great for us in games last season, poor in games as well. Very poor for stretches after January. But I'm willing to apply a Jose tax to my assessment of several players last season. We were a poorly coached team and I think that'll show over the next few months.

We we're linked with him in February so I went out of my way to watch him and he was often anonymous for Sampdoria. Shunted out on the left wing mostly, obviously looked a talented player, but really didn't think he had this level of performance in him. In a more dynamic, athletic and talented team with movement around him and playing in a role with more freedom he really looks to have something special.

I think he'll cost around 30m after the Euro's though.
Liverpool looking around £45million for him

Probably best you stop watching football if you fail to see what he does well.

Absolute nonsense post.

I think what he does "well" is his attitude, he give it all and that has real value.

Otherwise, instead of looking for stand out attributes, perhaps think of him as doing everything "well enough".

He is a good footballer, able to do everything to a reasonable standard, and players like that have value to a team, especially when they bring intangibles like attitude as well.

Back
Top Bottom