England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the general consensus outside the English media is that the cheating last night brought the game into disrepute but was nowhere as damaging as fan behaviour.

The footballing world would prefer that Sunday takes place without English supporters present. Football is a basic affair, but their people lack the sophistication for it.
There are small section of England fans that are absolute idiots for sure and it's a shame they get all the attention.

I don't know what the booing of national anthems is about and when that came into vogue but it's not a great look in my opinion.

It is a dive, for sure we'd all be saying it had it been given the other way. British players have adapted their game for years so as not to be continuously disadvantaged when playing their European counterparts.

I don't see what the whining on the continent is about though. They've been doing this for decades and we've been on the receiving end of gamesmanship for years.
They don't like England being good.

There are small section of England fans that are absolute idiots for sure and it's a shame they get all the attention.

I don't know what the booing of national anthems is about and when that came into vogue but it's not a great look in my opinion.
Agree Danish fans are a disgrace for doing it...oh wait...they are supposedly the good guys. I will get back to shitting on England.

I think the general consensus outside the English media is that the cheating last night brought the game into disrepute but was nowhere as damaging as fan behaviour.

The footballing world would prefer that Sunday takes place without English supporters present. Football is a basic affair, but their people lack the sophistication for it.
Look forward to your post if we win on Sunday , if you can see to type through your tears

No its fucking worse, even Kane could not score fairly
You think 1 random dickhead with a laser pointer, out of 60,000 fans and a penalty decision that was deemed OK with the referees and OK with VAR......

is worse.......

than the Captain and vice captain of the Australian national Cricket team..... Whilst on tour in a foreign country.... giving sandpaper to a junior team member in order to directly tamper with the cricket ball in an international test match?

Fair enough if you think that it's worse but you're wrong.

I'm pretty sure no one in the England team will be banned from football due to you not agreeing it was a penalty.

Unlike your cheating trio.

If it's brilliant to win it with help of a ref, then lads you played fantastic.

Because England was better tram, but nothing special, created 1 clear chance amd rest of it was average at best.

I really want Kane to win it, but that pen pissed me off as a neutral.
if that incident had happened anywhere else on the pitch with 2 players sandwiching the ball carrier and not dispossessing him - it would have been a free kick.

Therefore - when it happens in the "penalty" area - it's a penalty.

The clue is in the name

The ref gave them a free kick they didn't deserve and they scored. Maybe he was evening things out, maybe he's a poor ref. Either way - it's football.

Whichever way you look at it, the better team won.

Not something I'd be inclined to do but the booing anthems thing happens plenty..... Anyone else been "charged" this tournament?

Load of old bollocks.
Agreed that's crazy, so the question is what are the real reason to charge England for this?
Bitterness about the super league? Past behaviour being taken into account?

Agreed that's crazy, so the question is what are the real reason to charge England for this?
Bitterness about the super league? Past behaviour being taken into account?

For making too much fuss for their liking about the racism in the qualifiers?

Didn't we vocally side with Germany over the rainbow/Hungary biz too....?

Back
Top Bottom