Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine people will be forced to link their ID to their social media accounts in the future in order for them to be activated. It’s not exactly liberal but would end the majority of abuse overnight.

People should be accountable for what they say and do online as much as they are in ‘real life’. We need to get to a point where every single person who racially abused Rashford, Saka and Sancho gets named and shamed, charged and prosecuted with zero exceptions.

The same should go on here, no anonymity would see a steep change in mosts behaviour. Some would likely never post again.
Whilst I agree with this for the same reasons as stated above there does exist the problem of weirdo's on here doing their best to carry out personal searches on individuals that they have a beef with, one can only assume to target or harass away from here, who really knows the motivation for it. (You must have seen how the racist that I was dealing with in this thread a few weeks back was in almost every interaction I had with him was asking personal questions about me, my company etc. completely unrelated to the topic but a determination for me to divulge personal information, what for who knows but there had to be a reason why they were seeking the info).

Whilst I agree with this for the same reasons as stated above there does exist the problem of weirdo's on here doing their best to carry out personal searches on individuals that they have a beef with, one can only assume to target or harass away from here, who really knows the motivation for it. (You must have seen how the racist that I was dealing with in this thread a few weeks back was in almost every interaction I had with him was asking personal questions about me, my company etc. completely unrelated to the topic but a determination for me to divulge personal information, what for who knows but there had to be a reason why they were seeking the info).
Agreed. There was someone on here (can't remember who) who was beefing with someone else who then resorted to threatening that member's family, sending threats over Twitter that the police allegedly ended up getting involved with.

There are seriously sad fucks all over the internet unfortunately.

Let's not go down this road again.
That's all I've got to say. He knows what he was doing bringing it up again, it's the third time he has by my count and I didn't respond the first two times. But I'm hungover and depressed after last night, so my patience is low rn. My apologies. I'll be a good boy again now.

Nails it.

Mildly off topic, but I distinctly remember a shit load of fear and paranoia surrounding local fan behaviour prior to the WC taking place in Russia..... Not a blip.

Yet (under the sub-narrative of 'aren't we lucky to be back in stadiums together after lockdown'), we give the world an utter shit show and completely vindicate every unfavourable prejudice the outside world holds against us.

Disgusting..... It's embarrassing to be an English football fan once again.

Mildly off topic, but I distinctly remember a shit load of fear and paranoia surrounding local fan behaviour prior to the WC taking place in Russia..... Not a blip.

Yet (under the sub-narrative of 'aren't we lucky to be back in stadiums together after lockdown'), we give the world an utter shit show and completely vindicate every unfavourable prejudice the outside world holds against us.

Disgusting..... It's embarrassing to be an English football fan once again.

The difference is that Putin would have 'disappeared' any Russian hooligans acting up at home. They don't do squat unless they get the all-clear first and shitting on your front-door is especially stupid - as we're seeing this morning.

Sad and horribly accurate. The fact that a simple anti racist gesture was turned by senior politicians and bigots into guff about cultural Marxism to delegitimise the great work of Southgate and his team was criminal. My head is not in the sand this country is a deeply racist and unequal society and it is sickening
I knew the roots of BLM were Marxist way before any politician in the UK had even mentioned it, so that's nonsense regardless of the rebrand.

Would these players have recieved so much racism if the whole BLM was never introduced? I don't believe so personally. Anybody that thinks it's had a positive effect is in a dream world. Look at reality. Right now. It added to the racism. Sorry. How couldn't it have?

The difference is that Putin would have 'disappeared' any Russian hooligans acting up at home. They don't do squat unless they get the all-clear first and shitting on your front-door is especially stupid - as we're seeing this morning.

We also have a PM that says "It's ok to boo the knee if you feel like it" and who's general policy is 'we're trusting you to be sensible' when it suits them dispite very much being a 'law & order' party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom