Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
E6J9_fBXMAogYJI

Probably? Is that bad?

Did the Emacipation Proclamation exacerbate racial tensions? Did Brown v. Board of Education exacerbate racial tensions?

That's a bit of a silly framing isn't it?
Yes it is. Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette though right?

The players have clarified why they are taking the knee several times yet people still still interpret it for something it clearly isn’t .

Only Marxism when it fits apparently.

Can someone explain this thing about most of the posts being from abroad means? I don't understand why a racist in whatever country would bother with black England players, surely they have their own hate-fuelled fish to fry?

I don't understand the thing about them being automatically generated by bots either - how does that work? How do you programme a computer to send out a racist tweet when a black player misses a penalty or is perceived to have screwed up in some other way?

These are genuine questions by the way, I'm very ignorant of most social media platforms and the psychology of those that go mental on them...

Yes it is. Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette though right?

Only Marxism when it fits apparently.

Isn’t that tweet taking the piss? That’s how I read it. I’ve no idea who they are though.
It think it’s a lose lose situation if people explain their actions but others decide the actions are for other reasons. I think deep down everybody knows that no English footballer supports Marxism yet people are choosing this to suit an agenda . Footballers are not politicians , lying isn’t part of their job description. If Harry Kane , Rashford or whoever says why they're doing what they’re doing , I’d tend to believe them

Can someone explain this thing about most of the posts being from abroad means? I don't understand why a racist in whatever country would bother with black England players, surely they have their own hate.fuelled fish to fry?

I don't understand the thing about them being automatically generated by bots either - how does that work? How do you programme a computer to send out a racist tweet when a black player misses a penalty or is perceived to have screwed up in some other way?

These are genuine questions by the way, I'm very ignorant of most social media platforms and the psychology of those that go mental on them...

The same reason people create computer viruses - there's a technical challenge, and a certain thrill of power knowing your trolling is making headlines. We could go into a whole discussion about foreign agents wanting to destabilise a society by creating discord. A guy in Moscow will be aware of our political situation (the rise and opposition to critical race theory) which he doesn't have in his country, and can manipulate that. Racism is ideological, these guys are beyond ideology, something more akin to nihilism.

When you see a link in an email you click on it and that can infect your computer which sends a message out to all your contacts. Fake accounts on twitter start trending which generates more views. You can write programmes which create an account (just an email needed), and you can make it respond to posts with generic content like monkeys and swear words.

Its no secret that these viruses/memes thrive on manipulating our emotions. For instance, that email will often be the promise of love or money. In the same way there are millions of people that will click on and respond to the emotive content associated with racism. They think they are saving the world from fascists, but they are often just playing footsie with an algorithm.

Last edited:
Isn’t that tweet taking the piss? That’s how I read it. I’ve no idea who they are though.
It think it’s a lose lose situation if people explain their actions but others decide the actions are for other reasons. I think deep down everybody knows that no English footballer supports Marxism yet people are choosing this to suit an agenda . Footballers are not politicians , lying isn’t part of their job description. If Harry Kane , Rashford or whoever says why they're doing what they’re doing , I’d tend to believe them
She's a Communist, so whether humour or not, many a truth is said in jest.

And now your argument is that no footballers are Marxist? Haha. I mean are you taking the piss now? They are being used by BLM is the actual argumemt. Good grief. Honestly.

She's a Communist, so whether humour or not, many a truth is said in jest.

And now your argument is that no footballers are Marxist? Haha. I mean are you taking the piss now? They are being used by BLM is the actual argumemt. Good grief. Honestly.
She could be an alien for all I care , it’s her opinion & it doesn’t mean it’s the truth but I still think it’s a joke.
I don’t think they’re being used by anyone , I doubt the BLM movement enters their heads when they take the knee , just racial injustice. It appears that the only people who bring up BLM are the people who want to link to two regardless of being told that they’re not. As I said , it’s a lose lose situation

The same reason people create computer viruses - there's a technical challenge, and a certain thrill of power knowing your trolling is making headlines. We could go into a whole discussion about foreign agents wanting to destabilise a society by creating discord. A guy in Moscow will be aware of our political situation (the rise and opposition to critical race theory) which he doesn't have in his country, and can manipulate that. Racism is ideological, these guys are beyond ideology, something more akin to nihilism.

When you see a link in an email you click on it and that can infect your computer which sends a message out to all your contacts. Fake accounts on twitter start trending which generates more views. You can write programmes which create an account (just an email needed), and you can make it respond to posts with generic content like monkeys and swear words.

Its no secret that these viruses/memes thrive on manipulating our emotions. For instance, that email will often be the promise of love or money. In the same way there are millions of people that will click on and respond to the emotive content associated with racism. They think they are saving the world from fascists, but they are often just playing footsie with an algorithm.
So how do these bots write racist abuse on a mural of Rashford on a wall in a housing estate in Manchester?

If the intention of the botnet creators is to 'divide and conquer', the first part of their plan is working.

To me, the real problem is division in society. There will always be levels, but it is division we can all work to eradicate.
Racism is one thing that causes division. The high moral grounders, the ones who decide who can offer an opinion also create division.

She could be an alien for all I care , it’s her opinion & it doesn’t mean it’s the truth but I still think it’s a joke.
I don’t think they’re being used by anyone , I doubt the BLM movement enters their heads when they take the knee , just racial injustice. It appears that the only people who bring up BLM are the people who want to link to two regardless of being told that they’re not. As I said , it’s a lose lose situation
Yes lets use an ideology that killed more in the last century than anything in human history as a joke, even though she's openly admitted she is a Communist.. .

Imagine if I started using Fascism or Nazism as a joke and I supported either of those openly. Instant ban. No question and deservedly.

But yea', footballers don't think about BLM when they take the knee. Really, how do you know what they're thinking? I doubt they're humming The Internationale in those tiny brains of theirs so there is that

OR...

It's bollocks made up to try and defend racists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom