********Leyton Orient v Tottenham Hotspur 3pm Today *******

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

scarlett has to get game time this season, for me hes the nest big thing from this academy, what better way to learn from kane if he stays and i like how quick he is too, far too long since we had a quick striker

Watched the first half. Spent the second half taking over the kids’ water slide so missed it. I don’t read too much into the game itself. Especially given the spirit of the occasion.

And NIle John was much livelier than the other young CMs - White, Bowden, Devine.

I think the starting selection, who all played 60 minutes, gives us some insight into Nuno's early impressions of our wider squad.

Nile John is next up after Skipp in the CM pecking order, and Dane Scarlett is ahead of Parrott (who will probably go on loan again) in the striker dept.

The likes of Parrott & Clarke need to show more in pre-season for Nuno to consider keeping them around the first team squad.
Out of the second half subs I think that Whiteman, Eyoma, Clarke and Bowden showed the most/did the best. So basically the entire left flank and the goalkeeper. Bowden and Clarke linked up well and Eyoma showed that he spent an entire season playing against senior players. And Whiteman did well on everything but the goal, which the CBs could have handled better to begin with.

All 4 deserve to be involved more during pre season and could probably go out on loan afterwards for proper minutes.

I was out sailing. Could someone tell me who stood out?

I thought Scarlett and John were the best players. White as well but he didn't have much help being surrounded with all youth so wasn't as impressive as the two guys who played in the first half.

I thought the "older" guys were all ok outside of Alli who was invisible for the most part.

I was out sailing. Could someone tell me who stood out?

You are not going to believe it but Winksy was different gravy. Honestly like a new signing, he has come back so motivated and it seems during the summer he has been watching videos of Hoddle, Pirlo, Modric etc because damn he offered some stunning football today. Nuno loved him, the commentator was waxing lyrical, the fans in the ground were on their feet whenever Winksy got on the ball. Good times ahead.

Back
Top Bottom