Pre-Season - Colchester v Spurs Wednesday 21 July, 19.45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

V Orient, Spurs u23 or Academy players in bold.

Hart (Whiteman 46), Paskotsi (Lyons-Foster 64), Carter-Vickers (Fagan-Walcott 64), Dier (c) (Omole), Cesay (Eyoma 64), John (White 64), Winks (Bowden 64), Lucas (Mundle 64), Dele (Devine 64), Bergwijn (Clarke 64), Scarlett (Parrott 64).

Of which Bowden, Mundle and Lyons-Foster appeared in Tuesday's u21 match so are unlikely to be involved in the squad.

But Doherty, Reguilon, , Sessegnon, Aurier and Ndombele might make their first appearances of the season, as might the (possibly still injured) Skipp and Tangaga.

Too early for players who appeared in Euros or copa America to be back in training, whilst Son is believed to have first day back today, so unlikely to appear.

So a few changes to starting X1 likely

Last edited:
Is Sissoko back in training? I haven't seen him in any of the footage.

And Son had his first day back yesterday. The training footage circulating today is from yesterday.

France elimnated from Euros n Tuesday 28 June, so I'd guess Lloris and Sissoko are back to training at Spurs in a day or two ?

First of the returning Euros/Copa America players I would think. May be fit to play in Mind series of games ?

Euros finals were on 11 July, so Kane and Hojbjerg back in the first few days of Augiust, other players will be due back between next couple of days and first couple of days in August, after each having 3 weeks off after their National Team elimination from the competition.

Predicted Spurs XI vs Colchester United:
Hart; Doherty, Tanganga, Dier, Sessegnon; Winks, John; Clarke, Alli, Bergwijn; Scarlett

If that the team still leaves open question as to where Ndombele and Reguilon are - and possibly Aurier and Lamela but if on there way, its understandable.

Good to see Tanganga get a start as CB. Clarke starting over Moura is an interesting choice.

Quite a few youngsters who have played well will hope to come on as subs to join young starters John and Scarlett.

I had a bit of a head scratcher at neither Troy or Dane starting up top then I realized that Son was back in the line up so obviously he's the striker.

Back
Top Bottom