Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No point in quoting the number of days injured, I'm interested in how many games he played (and goals scored - crucial for an AM - if he ever was an AM! After all these years I've still no idea what his best position was).

From the PL stats, these are the figures:

2013/14 : 9 appearances, 0 goals
2014/15: 33 appearances, 2 goals
2015/16: 34 appearances, 5 goals
2016/17: 9 appearances, 1 goal
2017/18: 25 appearances, 2 goals
2018/19: 19 appearances, 4 goals
2019/20: 25 appearances, 2 goals
2020/21: 23 appearances, 1 goal

Bearing in mind that many (most) of those appearances were as a sub, only a lunatic (or committed fan-boy) would conclude that the £30m of the Bale money (plus a £4m a year, 4 year contract) was money well spelt.

The fact that he roughed up Fabregas and Wilshire does not (in my eyes) confer legendary status on a player that promised much, but delivered little. The two rabonas that he scored only highlighted his chronic one-footedness.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but has delivered very little for THFC. Good luck to him in Spain. I hope Gil delivers much more.

I don’t think that was his game though. When fit (and know that wasn't often) there was very few players better at pressing, winning the ball, driving forward or putting their foot on the ball. He was a busy body warrior type.

If you compare that to the likes Dempsey, Dele or Siggy they scored more but did vastly less in the midfield. You need busy body players to take control of games particularly against stronger sides and he did that often against good teams like City.

It’s time for him to go and injuries ruined his career but he did have a very good use providing energy to the team which he did very well. Our expectation of him when he came was of lots of goals and assists but he was more energy and combat.

No point in quoting the number of days injured, I'm interested in how many games he played (and goals scored - crucial for an AM - if he ever was an AM! After all these years I've still no idea what his best position was).

Bearing in mind that many (most) of those appearances were as a sub, only a lunatic (or committed fan-boy) would conclude that the £30m of the Bale money (plus a £4m a year, 4 year contract) was money well spelt.

The fact that he roughed up Fabregas and Wilshire does not (in my eyes) confer legendary status on a player that promised much, but delivered little. The two rabonas that he scored only highlighted his chronic one-footedness.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but has delivered very little for THFC. Good luck to him in Spain. I hope Gil delivers much more.

Super post. Just excellent..

With some measure of respect to those who view Lamela as some kind of cult hero, I just hope this guy Gil, if we sign him is remembered for bringing us success as opposed to being a conmmitted irritant.

Maybe I have got it wrong on wanting that from the players who are supposed to make a real and mraningful difference.
Sentimental bollocks.
He hardly delivered , never justified his price and never had any end product 90% of the time.
Admired his tenacity but If he played for a club with any ambition he would have gone years ago.
Don't worry fuckers he most probably be here next season so the dicks can worship him doing jack shit.
Good luck to the geezer

My post was purely in reply to someone saying he’s only been available for 15% of his time here and I think quoting the time he’s been out injured is a perfectly valid response to that specific statement.
In relation to the point I was replying to the reason for the absences would need to be separated to show which were due to injuries and which were due to him being an unused sub or not selected. I couldn’t be bothered to do that this morning when days out tells the same story.
I’m not disputing anything that you’ve written, it’s not the point I was trying to make.

What are his overall goals + assist contributions per 90 minutes?

Unlike some i can't really celebrate the Lamela shithousery. To me if he was doing it for another team he'd be a cunt so it's a bit hypocritical to applaud one of our own for behaving in ways we despise from others.

But he has always tried when on the pitch. His energy and pressing were great and you can't fault his effort and team-ethic. Even if he had 10 minutes on the pitch he'd give it a real go.

Good luck to him in Spain.
What a tiresome 1st paragraph. His shithousery was top notch and he was the Nasty cunt that Jose wanted more of I reckon.

No idea. Just happy to see the back of him.

A total waste of about £50m in my view in return for a handful of reasonable performances.

Good luck to him in Spain, He won't be missed.
He's been no worse than any others of that era and since tbh. I'd take him over that oxygen thief sissoko every fucking day.

Sentimental bollocks.
He hardly delivered , never justified his price and never had any end product 90% of the time.
Admired his tenacity but If he played for a club with any ambition he would have gone years ago.
Don't worry fuckers he most probably be here next season so the dicks can worship him doing jack shit.
Good luck to the geezer
What a poor post. Just poor mate

He's been no worse than any others of that era and since tbh. I'd take him over that oxygen thief sissoko every fucking day.
You could argue the merits (or otherwise) of Winks, Sissoko, Lucas, etc., as footballers, but at least they've been available for selection most of the time.

Not something you could accuse Lamela of.

You could argue the merits (or otherwise) of Winks, Sissoko, Lucas, etc., as footballers, but at least they've been available for selection most of the time.

Not something you could accuse Lamela of.
Not his fault though. And he always gives 110 percent. Can we say that about sissoko and winks?

I'll miss him.

Was he a great player? Not really.
Did he give 100% every time he went on the pitch? Absolutely.

If that makes me a 'fan boy' so be it.
Nowt wrong with being a fan boy mate. Nowt at all....unless it's a fanboy who 3efuses toa ccept failings or weakness in a player. You're clearly not that sort of fanboy.
Gotta say, in a weird way, I love this nasty, busy bastard!

I'll miss him.

Was he a great player? Not really.
Did he give 100% every time he went on the pitch? Absolutely.

If that makes me a 'fan boy' so be it.
If I was fortunate enough to pull on the white shirt, I'd give 100% (or maybe even 110%!).

Unfortunately it's not enough.

There are myriad qualities demanded of a modern pro footballer. Towards the top of this list would be two-footed and available for selection.

Back
Top Bottom