Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton did very well with Sigurdsson so hopefully Harry will do well there.
OMG just googled Sigurdsson...wow!

On average, Siggy wasn't much better there than he was here... Just played more regularly.

....As for Everton doing "very well"; hmm...... Not since Martinez's first season they haven't.

Winks is not a bad player he just isn’t exceptional at anything. He passes well, moves around a lot and gets stuck in but his defensive positioning could be better and he doesn’t create much. Jose called him a ‘’link player’’ and that is basically what he does.

For Everton it is very much like a Delph, Iwobi level /ability signing. Premier League level but not much else. Everton seem to be in the market for average /reasonable players, if I was an Everton fan I would want a bit more. On the other hand he does fit home grown which is something.

This thread is a disgrace and serves as the best defense for any player who shits on Spurs and wants out. It is ridiculous when fans accuses players of not being loyal, as long as fans show so little support and love for players who struggle to play to their potential. I am almost tempted to forgive Sol Campbell, seeing how you fuckers talk about one of our own.

Has Winks been a stand-out, amazing player for us the past few seasons? No, he has not.

But have we played a style of football that has played to his strengths? Absolutely not. Has he received support from the fanbase, to build his confidence? Hell no. Has he been playing under a manager that gets the best out of his players? No, Mourinho rips heart and soul and confidence out of most of his squads.

There is a better player in there than what we have seen the past couple of seasons. Hopefully we can see that player again. If not, we should respect the guy for what he has actually achieved: Going through the youth ranks and achieving a place as a fairly regular starter for us at a time when we were close to the best we've been for decades is fucking amazing. If he can't get back to his best and he is sold we should salute and wish him the very best for the remainder of his career.

This thread is a disgrace and serves as the best defense for any player who shits on Spurs and wants out. It is ridiculous when fans accuses players of not being loyal, as long as fans show so little support and love for players who struggle to play to their potential. I am almost tempted to forgive Sol Campbell, seeing how you fuckers talk about one of our own.

Has Winks been a stand-out, amazing player for us the past few seasons? No, he has not.

But have we played a style of football that has played to his strengths? Absolutely not. Has he received support from the fanbase, to build his confidence? Hell no. Has he been playing under a manager that gets the best out of his players? No, Mourinho rips heart and soul and confidence out of most of his squads.

There is a better player in there than what we have seen the past couple of seasons. Hopefully we can see that player again. If not, we should respect the guy for what he has actually achieved: Going through the youth ranks and achieving a place as a fairly regular starter for us at a time when we were close to the best we've been for decades is fucking amazing. If he can't get back to his best and he is sold we should salute and wish him the very best for the remainder of his career.

It’s not everyone and probably not even the majority. I made the below post in the transfer thread, it got 35 agrees.

‘’mixed feelings when a local lad doesn’t make it. It doesn’t sit comfortable all the abuse he gets, he gives his best but hasn’t developed into the player we need. We can say he needs a new start and not be dicks about it. Remember he is a fan of the club just like Townsend, another player not quite good enough but who really didn’t want to leave.’’

This spit thing was probably invented by someone wanting to discredit people who dislike winks as a footballer.

"Winks haters are spitting at him, hes one of our own, terrible people, not real supporters like us, cry cry"
Decent shout…. Genuinely shows just how easy it is to manoeuvre people when an agenda will ride roughshod over clearly non related incident

Harry Winks isn't good enough for Spurs
If he wants to stay this season that's his choice but I don't see him starting over any of PEH/Ndombele/Lo Celso or even Skipp because that's the reality..

If Everton want him then we should sell him there. If Winks wants a career he should go there too. He has far more of a chance starting there then here at Spurs.

Also according to people on (and I know take this with a pinch of salt) twitter/ SC forum Winks has a very bad attitude and was the one who went crying to the press and Hugo was referring to in that infamous Zagreb interview. He may be loyal but he also seems to be causing trouble and seems happy just to sit here at the club which he supported (great) but not do enough.

We need to act like an elite club. He's not good enough. Just sell him.

Harry Winks isn't good enough for Spurs
If he wants to stay this season that's his choice but I don't see him starting over any of PEH/Ndombele/Lo Celso or even Skipp because that's the reality..

If Everton want him then we should sell him there. If Winks wants a career he should go there too. He has far more of a chance starting there then here at Spurs.

Also according to people on (and I know take this with a pinch of salt) twitter/ SC forum Winks has a very bad attitude and was the one who went crying to the press and Hugo was referring to in that infamous Zagreb interview. He may be loyal but he also seems to be causing trouble and seems happy just to sit here at the club which he supported (great) but not do enough.

We need to act like an elite club. He's not good enough. Just sell him.
So Winks has a very bad attitude and went crying to the press because the ever reliable SC and some random on Twitter said so.

Roger that.

:mourfacepalm:

Total nonsense.

At the end of the day Harry Winks is an academy product of Spurs and I’ll always be proud of him for that.

I think £25mil is a great price considering how bad the last 18 months has been for him.

That’s the purpose of the academy, if they don’t progress, sell them for profit, nothing personal.

I certainly backed him heavily and have been disappointed at how things have stalled for him. Needs a change of scenery IMO

I'm amazed he illicits both the level of anger or loyalty he gets. Calling him wanks is not a hate crime just the stuff of all football message boards mostly he is just MEH. For me he is proof of how good Poch could be with crap materials. He needs to be sold and forgotten like....Tom Carol ( the next Modric).

Back
Top Bottom