Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very disappointed that so many feel it is acceptable that people abuse Winks as much as they do.

I hope Nuno has faith in him in much the same way that Poch had faith in Rose back in 2014.

And I hope that he rams the criticisms as far down their throats as possible as did Rose.

I certainly won't be listening when they meekly say "I'm so glad he's turned it around".

Fans my fucking arse.

Calling him a cunt, wanks, a rat?
You guys are supposed to support him.

The cunts know who they are, the supporters do too.

All I can say is good luck in the new world and I hope you show the promise that got us so excited and got you in the England squad.

COYS.

Blimey, so much hate for an Academy product called Harry.... who'd have thought it....?
someone just hire a hitman and be done with it! He's a decent PL player who will do a job for someone..... right now, we ARE that SOMEONE! We're not top 4, we aren't 'above' Harry Winks.... the type of clubs we're fobbing him off to ARE our level! Great if we sell him, but we'd only be selling him to s rival.... City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea aren't gonna touch him.... and we're in the mix with the rest.
And right on cue the loyalty...he still meh. Don't kill (never mention wanting him murdered) just sell and forget.

I think he's probably good enough to playing at the bottom end of the PL imo. But that's his ceiling (and in fairness that could easily translate to top end of the championship.

Definitely not good enough for us or for where we want to be as a club.

Which is all that needs to be said if people feel this way.

Fact is whether he was playing or not last season, this thread was still continual bumped every day or two by the same handful of peope to cunt the lad off. It's simply unnecessary.

I just don’t think that’s going to happen to be honest, I’ve seen too much of him.

I don’t dislike the guy like some, but I really do think he’s worse than Sissoko.
He is worse than Sissoko. At least Sissoko has a physical presence. Even if it's not used well, he at least looks like a grown adult male and not a puny, little wimp like Winks.

If Everton are stupid enough to buy him, we should biting their fucking hands off to get him out of this club. And Winks, if he had any bollocks, should go there because after the 3 piss-poor years he's had here, he should be grateful another Premiership club wants to give him an opportunity.

As far as i'm concerned he's the number 1 priority to be disposed of.

I prefer Winks over Sissoko if for nothing else he helps when on the bench as HG and Club trained.

On the field they both are completely useless so I can't take one over the other if looking only at that.

Last edited:
Very disappointed that so many feel it is acceptable that people abuse Winks as much as they do.

I hope Nuno has faith in him in much the same way that Poch had faith in Rose back in 2014.

And I hope that he rams the criticisms as far down their throats as possible as did Rose.

I certainly won't be listening when they meekly say "I'm so glad he's turned it around".

Fans my fucking arse.

Calling him a cunt, wanks, a rat?
You guys are supposed to support him.

The cunts know who they are, the supporters do too.

All I can say is good luck in the new world and I hope you show the promise that got us so excited and got you in the England squad.

COYS.
He's been with us his whole career, he's Spurs all over. We could see it many times in his celebrations, interviews etc. He just lacks a bit of talent, but it's not what we are supposed to judge. It's the same with Dier, though he was part of our best team in Poch's era.
If you really want to share your hate pick one of mercenaries, Sissoko, Aurier, maybe even Bale. But leave these two alone.

Trust me, if he stays then all he'll do is turn

If Winks 1.0 reappears and plays like this throughout the season then I will happily get on bended knee and swallow the whole 12".

But it aint happening.

I cannot think of a situation where I'd be relieved to see him come off the bench, much less start a game. I'd take Skipp over him every time.

He knows there are others above him in the pecking order and it seems he wants out himself. Everton are interested and he and we should bite their hand off. It's a good deal for us and him; maybe for Everton too under the right system. But we can do better.

Trust me, if he stays then all he'll do is turn
I cannot think of a situation where I'd be relieved to see him come off the bench, much less start a game I'd take Skipp over him every time.

He knows there are others above him in the pecking order and it seems he wants out himself. Everton are interested and he and we should bite their hand off. It's a good deal for us and him; maybe for Everton too under the right system. But we can do better.
...but we all know this WILL be Skipp in about 7/8 years!
Just Cut & Paste Winks with Skipp, and the vitriol on here will be the same, IF Skippy doesn't live up to his initial promise!

(But IF he does, he won't be our player for long, once City/Utd/Chelsea come Skippy-sniffing!!)

He is worse than Sissoko. At least Sissoko has a physical presence. Even if it's not used well, he at least looks like a grown adult male and not a puny, little wimp like Winks.

If Everton are stupid enough to buy him, we should biting their fucking hands off to get him out of this club. And Winks, if he had any bollocks, should go there because after the 3 piss-poor years he's had here, he should be grateful another Premiership club wants to give him an opportunity.

As far as i'm concerned he's the number 1 priority to be disposed of.
Not having that.
Agree that he’s regressed and certainly not fulfilled his potential but I’m a lot more comfortable with him playing than Sissoko. Gives his all and can actually pass (even if they’re no longer always the passes we want) neither of which you can say about Moussa anymore!

I think a move is in all parties best interests but were one of the infamous duo to still be here come 1st Sept then I’ll be happier with it being Winks.

Not having that.
Agree that he’s regressed and certainly not fulfilled his potential but I’m a lot more comfortable with him playing than Sissoko. Gives his all and can actually pass (even if they’re no longer always the passes we want) neither of which you can say about Moussa anymore!

I think a move is in all parties best interests but were one of the infamous duo to still be here come 1st Sept then I’ll be happier with it being Winks.
Neither him or Sissoko should ever play for Spurs - neither are good enough

Winks is a Championship-level player who got a run in Poch’s good team and was made to look half-decent by superior players around him - and then quickly found out when Dembele left and Wanyama regressed. He’s also a rat to the press which is unforgivable now.

Skipp looks thrice the player and is HG

He's been with us his whole career, he's Spurs all over. We could see it many times in his celebrations, interviews etc. He just lacks a bit of talent, but it's not what we are supposed to judge. It's the same with Dier, though he was part of our best team in Poch's era.
If you really want to share your hate pick one of mercenaries, Sissoko, Aurier, maybe even Bale. But leave these two alone.
What hate?

All most of us are saying is that he’s useless

No hatred at all for him but I don’t think that he could do a job for any PL club
We should have got rid two years ago when it was obvious that he hadn’t progressed on from the promise that he once showed

So we are well above Harry Winks and those dead woods like him

I can’t see Everton being so stupid as to waste £25m on him but here’s hoping
It would be interesting to see what types of clubs show an interest....
I assume many would have him down for somewhere like Fulham??

But I'm sure that if he leaves, there will be at least half a dozen PL who would take him.

The 3 promoted clubs for starters.... I could see him doing just fine at any of Brentford, Watford or Norwich.

This is just whiny nonsense. Not one thing I said is hate.

"He makes sissoko look good. " Thats not hate, its just means that even a terrible footballer like Sissoko is a better option

"Hes a drain on wages and a poor option for the manager. "
Our owner doesnt like to spend much and we could be giving those wages to a better player.

"Needs to be sold for any offer we get."
Because he is useless as a footballer for us. Could do a job at a much lower team.

Thats not hate. He can go have a nice happy career at newcastle if he wants. And none of us will go 'spit' hair at him.
I meant more 'in general' ...yours just happened to be first in the multi quotes!

I know you didn't say hate, and fair enough, it's your opinion, plenty have said worse... but to be fair, at least Winks'"drain on wages" didn't involves a hefty transfer fee in the first place!!

There are plenty more at the club who we've shelled out vast amounts for AND are still drawing a wage!

At least whatever we get for him won't have to be offset by the £30m + transfer fee we paid for him! (Unless we have to PAY someone to take him off our hands?!!)

It would be interesting to see what types of clubs show an interest....
I assume many would have him down for somewhere like Fulham??

But I'm sure that if he leaves, there will be at least half a dozen PL who would take him.

The 3 promoted clubs for starters.... I could see him doing just fine at any of Brentford, Watford or Norwich.
Fulham would be a good move for him
Anywhere is a good move for us

He would take any of the newly promoted clubs back down imv

Back
Top Bottom