Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was fortunate enough to pull on the white shirt, I'd give 100% (or maybe even 110%!).

Unfortunately it's not enough.

There are myriad qualities demanded of a modern pro footballer. Towards the top of this list would be two-footed and available for selection.
I mean, Gareth bale isn't 2 footed and he's done ok.
Injury wise, Erik has suffered but not all players give 100 percent and he does and has earned a bit of love and a bit of niceness now he appears to be leaving....sissoko isn't gonna get anything tbh.

Over the years you could quote hundreds of top class players that were one footed. Unfortunately the list of two footed top players would be much longer.
I'm not defending Sissoko as his time with us should be up, but at least he's been available for selection and his right foot is not just for standing on!

Over the years you could quote hundreds of top class players that were one footed. Unfortunately the list of two footed top players would be much longer.
I'm not defending Sissoko as his time with us should be up, but at least he's been available for selection and his right foot is not just for standing on!
But we all secretly wish he hadn't been available for selection right? Look at the France Switzerland game where they brought him on and then lost. That sums sissoko up

If I was fortunate enough to pull on the white shirt, I'd give 100% (or maybe even 110%!).

Unfortunately it's not enough.

There are myriad qualities demanded of a modern pro footballer. Towards the top of this list would be two-footed and available for selection.
Lamela did score with a right foot shot but I get what you mean

Shame he’s never been 100% fit for us

See now I know you're just trolling because Lamela's left foot alone is worth about 20 of Sissoko's left and right combined. Doesn't matter which foot Sissoko uses it's going to balloon off somewhere unintended. At least Lamela honed his craft to one-footedness so much that he was actually quite effective at doing it on one side only. The left to right ball roll is a thing of beauty that I'll miss for sure.

See now I know you're just trolling because Lamela's left foot alone is worth about 20 of Sissoko's left and right combined. Doesn't matter which foot Sissoko uses it's going to balloon off somewhere unintended. At least Lamela honed his craft to one-footedness so much that he was actually quite effective at doing it on one side only. The left to right ball roll is a thing of beauty that I'll miss for sure.
Can't be bothered to pursue a Sissoko vs Lamela discussion as both should have gone several seasons ago.
I'm no fan of Sissoko but let's not forget that when we had the injury crisis the season before last, he virtually carried the team on his own. Short memories.
The left to right drag was inevitably followed by holding the ball for too long and then losing possession!

Can't be bothered to pursue a Sissoko vs Lamela discussion as both should have gone several seasons ago.
I'm no fan of Sissoko but let's not forget that when we had the injury crisis the season before last, he virtually carried the team on his own. Short memories.
The left to right drag was inevitably followed by holding the ball for too long and then losing possession!
Kinda turns into a ‘would you rather commit suicide or be murdered?’ Discussion

One of my favorite players. He might have been erratic but that also led to surprising moments on the pitch that will not be forgotten. As a sub he could really change the character of the side, injecting it with a burst of energy. He was nasty too which has its appeal, except when it put the side in jeopardy….you could see him getting wound up and about to fling himself into some hapless opposition and all you could do is look through parted fingers and wince…..but he always had the enthusiasm and always gave his all. He was true to Spurs much more than others on the squad.

I hope he finds success in Spain. Thanks Erik, for everything.

Back
Top Bottom