The Return of Fans to Stadiums

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you attend matches at 10-25% capacity

• Yes - COYS!

Votes: 116 74.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • I'd rather go to another Take That reunion

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters
“Papers Please” to go spend £50-£100 and finish 7th. What a tempting prospect.

More seriously I refused to have anything to do with the League Cup final on the basis that medical apartheid, with disabled people actively ruled out, it was not something I can morally support. And I never saw a minute of the game.

Now what the fuck ? £1000 later they are planning on excluding people again because they have not had a vaccine ? What a shit world this has become. I don’t demand to know if the guy next to me has a measles jab or flu or TB or Ebola or fucking yellow fever. This is absurd. Especially so when the vaccine does not stop you making someone else unwell even if you have had it (according to the very government who are planning this bullshit)

“Papers Please” to go spend £50-£100 and finish 7th. What a tempting prospect.

More seriously I refused to have anything to do with the League Cup final on the basis that medical apartheid, with disabled people actively ruled out, it was not something I can morally support. And I never saw a minute of the game.

Now what the fuck ? £1000 later they are planning on excluding people again because they have not had a vaccine ? What a shit world this has become. I don’t demand to know if the guy next to me has a measles jab or flu or TB or Ebola or fucking yellow fever. This is absurd. Especially so when the vaccine does not stop you making someone else unwell even if you have had it (according to the very government who are planning this bullshit)
It makes little sense as having both jabs does not mean that you haven’t got the virus .
This government really are clueless & can’t even do herd immunity right

It makes little sense as having both jabs does not mean that you haven’t got the virus .
This government really are clueless & can’t even do herd immunity right
Right, but it's much more difficult to spread it, more difficult to contract it, and if you do, you go through it muuuch more mildly. Compared to the alternative, this is about as good as it can get for now without putting lives at risk. Now if it was coupled with mandatory N95 mask wearing, then you'd be even safer, but I've seen how well that measure is enforced...

Right, but it's much more difficult to spread it, more difficult to contract it, and if you do, you go through it muuuch more mildly. Compared to the alternative, this is about as good as it can get for now without putting lives at risk. Now if it was coupled with mandatory N95 mask wearing, then you'd be even safer, but I've seen how well that measure is enforced...
So either make people going wear masks or allow everyone in having had a test , they did lift all restrictions yet they’re changing their minds . It’s another half arsed scheme showing that nothing is thought through . We saw what happened at the euros , this will happen ten fold with premier league games week in week out. It shows that there is no long term plan.

So either make people going wear masks or allow everyone in having had a test , they did lift all restrictions yet they’re changing their minds . It’s another half arsed scheme showing that nothing is thought through . We saw what happened at the euros , this will happen ten fold with premier league games week in week out. It shows that there is no long term plan.

It's an absolute mess at this point...

Appalling.

Like to think the government have other priorities
Tell the clubs zero fans until Oct and see what state the country is in at that point

I was talking in general..... The amount of people being called upon to isolate etc.... The lack of forward planning.... The underlying fact that everything seemingly hinges on people having a smartphone..... Pathetic.

I bet the amount of racist/homophobic abuse is gonna go through the roof next season when every football fan has to wear a mask...
No fucker will know who said what!!

It'll be much easier for Spurs fans to shout 'Yid army' without being spotted, that's for sure!!

How are people feeling about going back to the ground for the new season?

I'm open minded but it does feel odd going from tables of 6 indoors to 61,000 in a stadium in about a month.

I'm open minded but it does feel odd going from tables of 6 indoors to 61,000 in a stadium in about a month.

I have no plans yet for going to games. I can’t afford a season ticket right now so am still waiting for news on general ticket sales.
I’m quite excited for the return, but my life has been running as normal for quite a while now and I’ve not been impacted by lockdown as much as others have. I worked like normal all through lockdowns so the main impact on me was on the social side. Not seeing friends and family including my Nan before she died, and not going to the football or concerts. I dont really go to pubs, restaurants and clubs so those limits haven’t impacted me.

My first ‘proper’ day out will be seeing Bastille in August which I think will feel a bit weird as it’ll be my first trip to London and journey on public transport in 18 months, but I’m looking forward to it. It’s an outdoor event so hopefully the weather will be nice and the crowd won’t feel too claustrophobic.

It worries me a lot. I'm not young and I have asthma. Although I've been double jabbed, so had Piers Morgan and he got it quite bad, most likely during his visit to Wembley. I shall wait and see what happens over then next few months, as I'm determined to live to see Spurs win something again!

I've been a Gold STH for years and my daughter a Silver.
They currently have her down for Gold.
Last time I checked, there was no option allowed to change this.
So presuming that everyone has been tagged with Gold at the moment...

I've been a bit of a hermit apart from going shopping etc so I'm chomping at the bit. Still have a nagging feeling about another wave though. I got Covid early on, I'm convinced I picked it up at the Norwich FA Cup game last year. That is playing on my mind.
I have no plans yet for going to games. I can’t afford a season ticket right now so am still waiting for news on general ticket sales.
I’m quite excited for the return, but my life has been running as normal for quite a while now and I’ve not been impacted by lockdown as much as others have. I worked like normal all through lockdowns so the main impact on me was on the social side. Not seeing friends and family including my Nan before she died, and not going to the football or concerts. I dont really go to pubs, restaurants and clubs so those limits haven’t impacted me.

My first ‘proper’ day out will be seeing Bastille in August which I think will feel a bit weird as it’ll be my first trip to London and journey on public transport in 18 months, but I’m looking forward to it. It’s an outdoor event so hopefully the weather will be nice and the crowd won’t feel too claustrophobic.
Pretty much how my life has been for the last 18 months, as I've said already I'm in two minds. It doesn't stop me looking out for ticket news everyday though.
I think having had both jabs is giving me a false sense of security as people are contracting Covid after being jabbed.
I thought I would be 1st in the queue for a beer at my local when the restrictions ended, but, I didn't and haven't bothered.
Still a bit apprehensive I suppose.
Strange times.

I went to the Villa game so not that worried to be honest. I was in a party of 12 for dinner in the local last night and had a brilliant time (one of whom is an ardent anti-vaxxer).

Public transport is more of a concern though.

I've been a Gold STH for years and my daughter a Silver.
They currently have her down for Gold.
Last time I checked, there was no option allowed to change this.
So presuming that everyone has been tagged with Gold at the moment...
No, not everyone has been changed to gold so it must be an error. You are correct that there is no way to downgrade online, but if you email the TO they will change it to silver for you.

I’ve also been gold for years but don’t want to pay for ECL matches that I have no intention of going to so I emailed them and got a reply within a few hours that it was done.

Back
Top Bottom