What football books are you reading at the mo?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That London’s Fields book which features your good self was excellent btw. Great read. Surprised that we’re not quite the most hated by all London clubs!

..........We are, aren't we?

(Afterall Millwall are just a footnote these days.)

As for books..... I still haven't got round to reading Poch's book. Lol

Doubt I'll bother now......

PM me if anyone wants a free hardback copy.

..........We are, aren't we?

You had to read that at the time, IMO.
I enjoy getting stuck into a book, but it seems the only books I read these days are football related.

Thou Shall Not Pass ( The Anatomy Of Football's Centre-Half ). Leo Moynihan
Good read, anecdotes from past and present players, amusing and serious in equal parts. Interesting look on how the centre-half position has changed as football has developed over the years.

Goldblatt's The Ball is Round is a really thorough history of football with useful wider context, but I'm with the other poster who said they found his writing style a touch dry.

Edit: also a total brick of a book, I think around 700 pages or so.

Last edited:
Thou Shall Not Pass ( The Anatomy Of Football's Centre-Half ). Leo Moynihan
Good read, anecdotes from past and present players, amusing and serious in equal parts. Interesting look on how the centre-half position has changed as football has developed over the years.
Welcome back Chivers. Hope all is well with you.

Looking forward to the Terry Naylor book which is out later this month although I assume it will be similar to most other football biographies.
He was very pally with Souness in their younger days ,by all accounts.
Be interesting to read about that
Wonder if he mentions the drunken annoying idiot(me!) he met in a pub in Clerkenwell a few years back?...

Last edited:

This has been discussed many times on the north stand banter forum and the general consensus there is that the two most hated football clubs in the country are Leeds utd and Millwall, whereas the most hated in London is Tottenham Hotspur due to being joint No1 hated by West Ham fans but No1 hated by both Chelsea and Woolwich supporters. Shouldn’t Spurs adopt “ No one Likes us we don’t care”?

On the subject of books my budding poet niece Rebekah recently had her first book published;
any lovers of poetry feel free to patronise her work. :adethumbup:

Amazon product ASIN 1999833708

Last edited:
This has been discussed many times on the north stand banter forum and the general consensus there is that the two most hated football clubs in the country are Leeds utd and Millwall, whereas the most hated in London is Tottenham Hotspur due to being joint No1 hated by West Ham fans but No1 hated by both Chelsea and Woolwich supporters. Shouldn’t Spurs adopt “ No one Likes us we don’t care”?

On the subject of books my budding poet niece Rebekah recently had her first book published;
any lovers of poetry feel free to patronise her work. :adethumbup:

Amazon product ASIN 1999833708

What station is that?

Back
Top Bottom