Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much responsibility do you take for that? The fact that Spurs fans are known to be a bunch of Karen’s? Have you supported through thick and thin?

We have had more success in last 10 years than ever in my lifetime. I’m not saying that Levy hasn’t made mistakes but you know that team who finished second to Leicester? That was Levy’s club.

And had we beaten them in both games that season we would not be here.

No doubt Levy to blame for that as well in some people's little minds.

How much responsibility do you take for that?
ZERO.
The fact that Spurs fans are known to be a bunch of Karen’s? Have you supported through thick and thin?
Yes
We have had more success in last 10 years than ever in my lifetime.
One league cup???
I’m not saying that Levy hasn’t made mistakes but you know that team who finished second to Leicester? That was Levy’s club.
Woolwich.

Loved Harry and all he stood for in the game. Proudly sang ‘he’s one of our own’ and wore a shirt with his name on the back when he broke through (a first).

Very disappointed in his behaviour as this all could have been played out in a mature and logical way. City at fault lowballing us and trying to drive the price down. We won’t be bullied with the ‘we only pay £65M for players line’ their fans Parrott.

Time for City to get real and for Kane to realise the nuclear option isn’t the way to go. For someone so in tune with fans, this pivot in attitude and behaviour is so out of character, it’s like a bad movie where the hero switches to becoming the villain in the last act.

If City don’t value him at £150M then he needs to ask why. They can afford it and are not dealing with Southampton here. Levy is no mug and as much as he drives me mad I’m glad he’s handling this, likewise the new DOF from Juve as he also will suffer no fools.

I get that Kane wants trophies, so do we but as pointed out he had the opportunities with us but didn’t turn up. That’s life. If he wants to set up his idiot agent brother Charlie for life just pay him £10M and get yourself proper proper representation rather than stick with this piss poor man’s Jerry Maguire wannabee.

As someone else pointed out and as much as I’ve also given Aurier stick I look back on his professionalism after his brother was tragically murdered only to fly back and play 2 games around it. I want him gone but respected the man’s attitude.

So Harry, thanks for the memories and hope you stick around but if you want to trash your reputation and act like a petulant cunt then do fuck off to your potential new Arab overlords and tell them to pony up a fair price if they think your worth it.

Skating dangerously close to potentially becoming a hate figure IMO. I don’t want it to end this way.

Exactly. Anyone defending Kane is being mugged off, they just don't realise it.
This is all about Kane working with City to try and drop his valuation because they aren't willing to part with the readies.

Exactly. Man Citeh have unlimited funds. They're playing with cheat mode perpetually activated, if they really really wanted Kane that badly he'd be gone, but there are some of our fans who seem to be intent on helping to saving them a couple of Shekels because they don't like Levy. Fuck Man City and if I'm being brutally honest fuck Kane for joining in this grubby little game.

And yes, screw Levy for not closing in on transfers because he's trying to save 5 million euro here and there, just get the deals done Baldy.

Fair enough - now let's agree on a price, sell him quickly and then reinvest the funds well before the transfer window closes
Nope.

We set our asking price to City. Up to them to match it

This is exactly what Kane/City wants for us to relent and let him go on the cheap for a 'quick deal' Big No.

Fuck City

Being a football fan has bugger all to do with being rational. It's about passion, and will always be parochial. I think you're on a hiding to nothing asking Spurs fans not to be emotional about the situation.
Being emotional about things doesn't mean one can't maintain a rational perspective of things. One doesn't necessarily negate the other.
Football without the emotions of the fans would almost be "dead". Fans' emotions and football go hand in hand.
So, of course, this whole Kane issue is very emotional, with emotional factors, like: he's a Spurs academy product, one of Spurs' best-ever players & one of the world's best CF at the moment, etc., etc.

My point was simply that this is how the game is and has been, whether we like it or not: big fish eat small fish - Spurs mostly being the big fish, but at times Spurs also turn into a small fish. Supporters in smaller clubs than Spurs - clubs which have much less chance to hold on to their stars - also suffer; like the supporters of Atalanta to the happiness of Spurs supporters (which, btw, was meant as an example and not a like-for-like comparison).

For me, it did not come as a surprise that Kane wanted to force a move and even would skip training – but it was disappointing. And not the right thing to do.
However, I decided to move on for 2 main reasons: I saw the “Kane leaving” thingy coming many months ago (like many others did) and if Kane stays it will create an “unstable” dressing room atmosphere (he was seen as the leader of the team) and despite of him being a professional, it’s bound to affect his performances in a negative way.

Last edited:
There is no way the club should give in to this behaviour. It's disgraceful.

Call his bluff, we don't need any transfer fee. Hopefully we sign Vlahovic, pair him up front with Son for the first few games, or just play Son up top.

Let Harry rot at home until the window closes and then he will realise he has to return otherwise his career is finished.

We cannot let ourselves we bullied into selling Kane to fucking Man City on the cheap. Fuck them!

Levy ain't a mug in this sort of situation.

Being emotional about things doesn't mean one can't maintain a rational perspective of things. One doesn't necessarily negate the other.
Football without the emotions of the fans would almost be "dead". Fan's emotions and football go hand in hand.
So, of course, this whole Kane issue is very emotional, with emotional factors, like: he's a Spurs academy product, one of Spurs' best-ever players & one of the world's best CF at the moment, etc., etc.

My point was simply that this is how the game is and has been, whether we like it or not: big fish eat small fish - Spurs mostly being the big fish, but at times Spurs also turn into a small fish. Supporters in smaller clubs than Spurs - clubs which have much less chance to hold on to their stars - also suffer; like the supporters of Atalanta to the happiness of Spurs supporters (which, btw, was meant as an example and not a like-for-like comparison).
For me, it did not come as a surprise that Kane wanted to force a move and even would skip training – but it was disappointing. And not the right thing to do.

However, I decided to move on for 2 main reasons: I saw the “Kane leaving” thingy coming many months ago (like many others did) and if Kane stays it will create an “unstable” dressing room atmosphere (he was seen as the leader of the team) and despite of him being a professional, it’s bound to affect his performances in a negative way.
This isn't about emotion.

Nor is it about not understanding where Spurs sit in the pecking order, I've been watching the club for 30 years so have seen us sell the crown jewels at least half a dozen times now to the "bigger fish" in the pond.

This is about the fact that the player is under 3 years contract therefore we have no obligation to sell, we can value him at four times his market value if we like. It's not like the guy has a year left and we have to make do with the crumbs City offer us.

If City don't match our valuation then he's going nowhere, and all the sulking and stamping his feet in the world isn't going to help him, because next year there is a shiny world cup that he will want to be a part of, so he will have to toe the line.

It's entirely a rational position.

I could kind of understand Kane being down if City offer £180m or something and Levy flat out said no but they offered a pathetic £100m the same as Grealish.

That Kane seems to be trying to get us to be lowballed by mega rich City is a cunt move.

Thank god Hugo was always given the captains armband. There is a player that came to spurs when he could've gone to a bigger club at the time. He's been ever present and has given us his best years.

Kane on the other hand, all he wants to do is win something for Kane, doesn't seem to be about winning with Spurs so honestly fuck him.

I honestly think next season we do better without the ancor of Kane. He wants to go then fine but only when the price is met and if not rot in the stands. I'll point out spurs do a lot based on performances so his basic sit at home wage will not be much compared to others sitting on the bench at the likes of city or Chelsea. We will be saving money every week he doesn't play also.

No player bigger than the squad and I've honestly gone full on fuck Kane after that shit.

Walker left us for city to win things, when the sad reality was if he had stayed another season or two we could've well won something together.

Kane is the fucking main striker, if we aren't scoring goals to win titles and cups, take some responsibility yourself man.

Gentlemens agreement with Levy, do me a favour thst was for a team abroad never for a prem team.

If madrid offered 100mil you better believe we would entertain that before City even if they offered 120mil

ZERO.

Yes

One league cup???

Woolwich.
1. You should. Because the negativity bring the club down.
2. No you haven’t because this is thin right now and you are no where to be seen.
3. There are 2 clubs not doing the whole billionaire funding shit. Us and Woolwich. We are best of the non-billionaire crew. Consistently.
4. True. But that was Poch fault for letting the wheels fall off, right? Or was Levy supposed to manage the team and strategy also?

Thank god Hugo was always given the captains armband. There is a player that came to spurs when he could've gone to a bigger club at the time. He's been ever present and has given us his best years.

Kane on the other hand, all he wants to do is win something for Kane, doesn't seem to be about winning with Spurs so honestly fuck him.

I honestly think next season we do better without the ancor of Kane. He wants to go then fine but only when the price is met and if not rot in the stands. I'll point out spurs do a lot based on performances so his basic sit at home wage will not be much compared to others sitting on the bench at the likes of city or Chelsea. We will be saving money every week he doesn't play also.

No player bigger than the squad and I've honestly gone full on fuck Kane after that shit.

Walker left us for city to win things, when the sad reality was if he had stayed another season or two we could've well won something together.

Kane is the fucking main striker, if we aren't scoring goals to win titles and cups, take some responsibility yourself man.

Gentlemens agreement with Levy, do me a favour thst was for a team abroad never for a prem team.

If madrid offered 100mil you better believe we would entertain that before City even if they offered 120mil

If Madrid offered a selection of players (they are broke) worth upto 150m I think we should consider I know Kane said he wants to stay here but if it’s his only way out he may reconsider.

Call him in Levy and tell him you’re prepared to insert a buyout clause of £160 cash (no players and no staggered payment terms) into his contract. If someone comes up with the cash he can go and if not he can’t. Both sides sign and agree to honour the amended contract.

Are you mental?

Why would he think there's realistically any chance of us winning either the Premier League or Champions Legaue anytime soon? Is it because we recently appointed Espirito Santo? Is it because we still have the likes of Sissoko, Dier, Sanchez and Winks? Our best chance was years ago when we had a peak Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen and Toby. As things stand now we're more on a par with the likes of Everton and Leeds. If Harry has a burning desire to win titles he's clearly at the wrong club.

Anyone who defends him whilst slagging off players like Dele, Aurier and N’Dombele for supposed “attitude issues” I’m going to look at you sideways from now on. Golden boy my arse.

Kane and his advisors are actually dumb as rocks. There is no pressure on Levy to sell. His value will still hold up for a year. The club still has the leverage. Charlie Kane is showing how he lacks skin in this game, he should be lobbying city to match his valuation.

E,g Jonathan Barnett & Levy still have a good relationship because Barnett made sure Spurs got market value for Bale from Madrid. (Bale had 4 years left when sold)

Pogba/Raiola have leverage at Man Utd and (1 year left) and he’s being a professional.

130 million when people know you have 130 million isn't a lot at all in today's market. We would be lucky to get two talented up and comers, neither of which would be even near a guaranteed "world class" player in the future.

Liverpool invested the Coutinho money wisely. But they got paid fair market value.

We got paid fair market value for Bale. Sure we squandered it, but it was fair.

Liverpool got ABOVE market value for Coutinho.... 130m...... Ludicrous money; what 4/5 years ago.... And people think 100 - 130 is a fair price for Kane?

......It's a joke!

What I think is really sad in all of this is a modern-day Spurs legend who fans loved has destroyed his good standing within 48 hours and could - as one poster above says - actually become a hate figure on the back of this.

Back
Top Bottom