Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Laporte Silva and 100m

I could jive with this...... I said from day one:

£150m cash
£200m part-ex

.....and Laporte + Silva + 100m fits that remit.

Then:

70m - ST1
30m - ST2

Buy a killer RB and sell some more dregs.

//Close window.

If we rate Kane at £180-200m and City rate Silva at say £60-70m and Laporte at £40-£50m then yes £80-90m plus Laporte and Silva is workable.

Yes--our only hope is how absolutely broke La Liga is due to covid.
Yes it is broke and just lost its biggest star but I am pretty sure Real Madrid are restructuring their squad at the moment and if they can offload hazard and Isco they would be able to buy both for 70 Million. The fact is no one know which players they were offering and what I heard the deal they offered was 75 plus bonuses, players could make up part of the 75 and I did not see a list of the players,

Having thought about it, I'd be saying to them £100M cash plus Laporte, take it or leave it as our baseline requirement.

Every time they contact us, ask them 1 question, £100M + Laporte? No? See you later and walk out.

Rinse and repeat.

£100M covers the cost of strikers, Laporte sorts our defence.

If they say he doesn't want to come, advise them to "persuade" him, it worked with Kane after all.

Why on earth would Silva or Laporte agree to join us ?

People need to be realistic

Why would Romero join us or Bryan Gil, we ain’t the top dog but we ain’t Bolton either. Laporte and Silva want out, we can offer them first team football, unless someone offers big money we are there only option.

They wouldn't. I'm just saying that's the only fucking way we should accept £100m in cash. Without them, City can stump up between £150m and £200m, or fuck off.
We could accept that all day long and it won't mean anything once they decline to join us though

So I don't know why people keep suggesting it as a potential solution

It's a non starter

Why on earth would Silva or Laporte agree to join us ?

People need to be realistic

Why not ? Money talks mate. Offer them guaranteed football, plus a chance to stay in the premier league, why is it so impossible ? We are talking Silva and Laporte here mate. 2 great players but they ain’t Messi or Ronaldo are they ? They want to leave and are definitely within the realms of possible to be included in a swap deal with Kane

Why would Romero join us or Bryan Gil, we ain’t the top dog but we ain’t Bolton either. Laporte and Silva want out, we can offer them first team football, unless someone offers big money we are there only option.
You can't put either of those two on the level of Silva or Laporte Yet

And neither of them joined us as a makeshift deal from city

We could accept that all day long and it won't mean anything once they decline to join us though

So I don't know why people keep suggesting it as a potential solution

It's a non starter

It's more about making a point though isnt it. £100M cash on its own simply isn't enough. So City would need to offer that plus players (and you're probably right in saying they wouldn't come), or a fuck load more cash.

Simple really.

It's City who need to be realistic.

Back
Top Bottom