Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Starting to think we go back 3 vs City:

1. Integrate Romero in a more familiar setup (his presence could boost the whole team)
2. More defensive protection
3. Plays to our full back's strengths
4. Chelsea have had City's number recently playing like this

1. Integrate Romero in a more familiar setup (his presence could boost the whole team)
Makes sense, so we won’t

It makes sense but hard to think that we do it after not trying it once during preseason.

I think if we went 5-3-2 it would also help with Son not having to be the lone guy up front as well. I'm not a massive Moura fan but since he is playing anyways I think him and Son in a front two with Skipp-PEH-GLC in a midfield 3 would work for this game.

If we are likely playing Dier-Sanchez anyways would much prefer to have Romero in the middle of them cleaning up their numerous mistakes.

What I would like to see;

Doherty - Tanganga - Romero - Dier - Regulion
PEH - Skipp
Dele
Lucas - Son

But based on preseason, I'm assuming it is the same lineup as the Woolwich match. Won't rush Romero in and Nuno will play it safe going with what we have been practicing.

Makes sense on paper but there are 2 very good reasons not to go with this:

1) Romero is injured.

And

2) I hate 3 at the back.

Carry on.

Makes sense on paper but there are 2 very good reasons not to go with this:

1) Romero is injured.

And

2) I hate 3 at the back.

Carry on.
Romero is not injured, Nuno said so just yesterday. Him and Gil haven't trained enough so likely on the bench.

2) I hate 3 at the back.

Carry on.

I am sure you have likely explained it before, and maybe to me as well, but I find it odd to hate a back 3 in principle when it has shown to be effective for so many teams.

I am not saying it is my first choice if we had a blank slate to build a team but when the players suit it I am not sure why some seem to hate it as a rule.

Back
Top Bottom