Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know the exact ins and outs, but I have read more than once about some law in Spain that prevents paycuts greater than 50%, which still wouldn't have allowed Barca to sign him up due to their wage bill, and prevented him from staying on a tiny wage.

I did also read that as he had gone out of contract a new deal would see him as a new signing, and as such he wouldn't be able to be registered, like the rest of their new signings. But if that's true then surely whatever wage he was willing to take wouldn't be a paycut as it's an entirely new deal?

Anyway, lots of different information out there about it, but I did get the impression that it wasn't simply his choice to leave, if he had priced himself out of staying then would the club have given him such a fond send off, press conference etc?

Yes, because the club want to force La Liga's hand and remove restrictions so they can go back to spending whatever the fuck they want. So it's in their interests to play along with the narrative that its the big bad league execs that are forcing Messi out.

People forget that he tried to force his way out to get to City and their dodgy oil money 12 months ago. He's a tax cheat now being paid partially in crypto...wonder why?! Messi is as grubby as the rest of them, he's just benefitted from great PR propaganda.

Yes, because the club want to force La Liga's hand and remove restrictions so they can go back to spending whatever the fuck they want. So it's in their interests to play along with the narrative that its the big bad league execs that are forcing Messi out.

People forget that he tried to force his way out to get to City and their dodgy oil money 12 months ago. He's a tax cheat now being paid partially in crypto...wonder why?! Messi is as grubby as the rest of them, he's just benefitted from great PR propaganda.
No tax cheat for crypto money in France . They fixed it recently .
To fuck the fisc , he can go to Monaco :)

It's just all very grotesque to me.

1rLMswP.gif

I guess PSG guarantees CL football, but it's still very disappointing. I love Messi and can't stand Ronaldo, but the latter at least went to a competitive league that represented a challenge.

I guess PSG guarantees CL football, but it's still very disappointing. I love Messi and can't stand Ronaldo, but the latter at least went to a competitive league that represented a challenge.
You are kidding, right? Serie A a challenge?

Juventus has won 9/10 of the past Serie A seasons. Last season was the first one won by somebody else than Juventus in 10 years!

In comparison, PSG has "only" won 7/10 league titles the past 10 years.

Barca, announces that Gerard Piqué, has accepted a substantial reduction in salary, in order to allow Barcelona to register in time Memphis Depay, Eric Garcia and Rey Manaj.
The 3 will be on the field tomorrow, in the first match of the Catalan Liga.

Barca, announces that Gerard Piqué, has accepted a substantial reduction in salary, in order to allow Barcelona to register in time Memphis Depay, Eric Garcia and Rey Manaj.
The 3 will be on the field tomorrow, in the first match of the Catalan Liga.

So roughly speaking GP was getting paid twice (or more) as much as those 3 will get combined! :pochshock:

Money grabbing little tax fraud cunt - went for the fattest pay cheque possible like a greedy snake. Barca were a big club before him and will be after - bloke is a cunt could have played for free just for tax dodging alone

Money grabbing little tax fraud cunt - went for the fattest pay cheque possible like a greedy snake. Barca were a big club before him and will be after - bloke is a cunt could have played for free just for tax dodging alone
Must be a bit of a cunt.

Barca have paid Messi 470m since 2017 - no wonder they’re broke

Yet the tax dodging little rat still wants more and went for PSG’s millions. He won’t even spend 1/50th of his wealth while being alive. Joke cunt - disgrace to the game and younger generation.

Back
Top Bottom