Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These guys have pride for their country and shouldn’t be criticized for how the rules are.

It's not really about the rules though... They are highly paid professionals and their employer has asked them to show a bit of good will to help us out in a difficult situation and they've basically said "nah, bollocks".

There'll be plenty of similarly patriotic players that have agreed to tow the line.

It's not really about the rules though... They are highly paid professionals and their employer has asked them to show a bit of good will to help us out in a difficult situation and they've basically said "nah, bollocks".

There'll be plenty of similarly patriotic players that have agreed to tow the line.
Would think they can't play without consent, saying bullshit IMO

Got it be bollocks that, as they wouldn't be able to play without consent?
The trouble is these blokes have got so much money they can just bin off as much salary as they want basically.

If they want to play for their country they will. Whether they are allowed to or not. What are we going to do? Sack them and write off their value on our balance sheet?

They will just ignore the clubs instructions and deal with the consequences which are likely to be only finincial. Water off a ducks back.

Yes but no need for red cabbage.

uR9IDF.gif

The trouble is these blokes have got so much money they can just bin off as much salary as they want basically.

If they want to play for their country they will. Whether they are allowed to or not. What are we going to do? Sack them and write off their value on our balance sheet?

They will just ignore the clubs instructions and deal with the consequences which are likely to be only finincial. Water off a ducks back.
Thought it's down to the club's to release players and only then they can play for there country?
Would be against uefa rules ? And possibly cost the national team?

I'm guessing player power rules here..... All we can do is fine them; to which they'll barely blink.
Has it been reported anywhere legit? Like I said above I'm sure the national teams can't just play players if not released from there club. ?

Has it been reported anywhere legit? Like I said above I'm sure the national teams can't just play players if not released from there club. ?

I guess we'll see over the coming days.....

I don't think the regulations are particularly straight forward.... eg. If players are declared injured, the international feds have the right to get their own medics to rubber-stanmp things. I'm sure there are other quirks and loop-holes, but on a practical level they probably operate on a degree of good will. However, like I said, if players wish to go rogue there's ultimately not a lot the clubs can do if they don't want to exile them from the playing squad upon return....

Look at Yaya and Tevez when they fucked City about or Costa with Chelsea.... They just sit on a beach for a week or two until the clubs have cooled off.

Dean Smith said in his post match interview today that the club have told the Emi's (Martinez and Buendia) that they don't want them to travel, but the club don't know what the players plans are.

Dean Smith said in his post match interview today that the club have told the Emi's (Martinez and Buendia) that they don't want them to travel, but the club don't know what the players plans are.
Fuck it cancel the loan and banish Gio to the cup games if it's true :nunofist:

Thought it's down to the club's to release players and only then they can play for there country?
Would be against uefa rules ? And possibly cost the national team?
A club cannot block a player from representing their country I believe. They have to be injured for it to be acceptable. And a country can still tell them fly the player out to be examined by in this case the Argentine FA's doctors just to double check.

A club cannot block a player from representing their country I believe. They have to be injured for it to be acceptable. And a country can still tell them fly the player out to be examined by in this case the Argentine FA's doctors just to double check.
The rules are so full of shit and it's still a pandemic so international football should be on hold during the season.
Yep so if true cancel the loan and banish Gio :nunofist:

It's the same as shopping in poundland, you buy that tin opener because its a pound and you think its great value, whilst a friend buys the more expensive one in IKEA. You have to keep popping back into poundland to get another shit tin opener, "because its only a pound", whilst your friend's original tin opener is still working just fine.

Yeah, I'm not sure you understand where to get a quality quality tin opener from ..... IKEA jeez

You underestimate the pride of playing for the national team to Argies

You underestimate the pride of playing for the national team to Argies

Not really..... I expect them to go.

However, the "it means more" stuff just doesn't wash with me (see: Liverpool, Italy or whoever).

Back
Top Bottom