Neves or Traore?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would you rather sign for 40m?

• Adama Traore

• Ruben Neves

Results are only viewable after voting.
Barely controls games... Not sure what you're watching to be honest.
I've watched a lot of Wolves in the last few years. He doesn't stand out. I feel like his wonder goals have made him overrated.
He didn't start for Portugal in midfield, and was behind D. Pereira, Palhinha, Renato Sanches, Moutinho, Carvhalo in the pecking order.

Nuno managed both, and his preference was Adama.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

He is a terrible finisher though, one of the worst in the league. 7 goals in 108 matches.

For the fee he’d cost, we should be expecting someone who can score and assist regularly.
against that I'd say he would create a shit ton of chances for our proven goal scorers - Kane and Son, so that part of his game would improve us.

I'd also put it out there that he will score more with us than with Wolves. We have better players who can create better chances for him. Finally, I'd say that there is pressure on him as the star player to do it all at Wolves - create, score, the lot. Coming to Spurs, he's not going to be the biggest name by a long shot. The pressure's off, he can relax a bit, be a bit more composed with his finishing.

Maybe.

Just saying, I don't know much about Neves, and it's been said that he's more of what we need right now with all the wingers we currently have. I just think that Traore might not have the issues he has at Wolves if he were at Spurs.

He is a terrible finisher though, one of the worst in the league. 7 goals in 108 matches.

For the fee he’d cost, we should be expecting someone who can score and assist regularly.
The chances he’s created in his past 2 games should have resulted in some assists. With Kane and Son it would have. I agree that his finishing isn’t great.

The chances he’s created in his past 2 games should have resulted in some assists. With Kane and Son it would have. I agree that his finishing isn’t great.

He’s definitely a player that causes trouble when teams leave space. But for £40m I’m certain we can get someone better.

Paratici was right to offer a loan with buy option at first, we will regret paying a big fee for someone who is so technically limited. We’ve made that mistake with Sissoko and we shouldn’t make it again. Against a parked bus he will struggle and he can’t score even simple chances. I’d rather get Sarr from Watford for that money.

He’s definitely a player that causes trouble when teams leave space. But for £40m I’m certain we can get someone better.

Paratici was right to offer a loan with buy option at first, we will regret paying a big fee for someone who is so technically limited. We’ve made that mistake with Sissoko and we shouldn’t make it again. Against a parked bus he will struggle and he can’t score even simple chances. I’d rather get Sarr from Watford for that money.
Even against parked buses he can be effective.
Parked buses tend to have their 4 defenders quite narrow. So a bit of space out wide. Adama has shown he can dribble from the flank into the penalty box. He did a few times against us when we had both Tanganga and Sanchez on him.

Neves all day long. Fuck you Ali Gold for pissing on my deadline day chips, we are after Neves and we will sign him. Daily fucking express says so :dembelefingers:

I don’t get the frequent Sissoko comparisons, yes Sissoko would occasionally go on a good run if he had space, but Traore is roasting full backs and covering players up to 10 times a game. It would be nice if we had some more passing guile in the final third but Traore running into the box scares teams, if he does that against a packed defence then the ball could drop anywhere, penalties could be won, chances will be made. I still think he would be very effective against a team parking the bus. I do like Sarr though, he is a good player also.

I cannot believe this poll result.

Do people not watch Wolves? I think Neves' wonder goals may have an impact on people's psyche.

Neves barely controls games from midfield. He's okay but wouldn't radically change things. There's a reason United aren't opting for him despite the fact they have the pull and desperately need a CDM.

Adama, meanwhile, would radically change games for us. Rip opposition to shreds, draw in 3 defenders, and then passing to Kane or Son.
People keep romanticising to a crazy degree, yes maybe he'd "rip the opposition to shreds" but 9 times out of 10 he then wouldn't pass to Kane or Son, that's the problem. He's not miraculously going to develop an end product on the drive down from the midlands.

People keep romanticising to a crazy degree, yes maybe he'd "rip the opposition to shreds" but 9 times out of 10 he then wouldn't pass to Kane or Son, that's the problem. He's not miraculously going to develop an end product on the drive down from the midlands.
Wolves have had 58 shots in the first 3 games, mainly due to Adama.
He can't execute intricate through balls, but his short simple passing is okay. Kane & Son have great off the ball movement which makes it easier for Adama.

He ripped Yanited to shreds and laid several good passes Harry or Sonny would have buried

They were terrified of him and he would give us a completely new attacking option

Back
Top Bottom