Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football ability (i.e. actual performance) and attitude go together, you can't separate them - a player's football ability will naturally suffer if a player's attitude sucks. Ben Arfa and Mario Balotelli are 2 prime examples of that. And you may add Ndombele and Aurier to that list. In other words: football ability is very much affected by attitude.
I see where you're coming from but in this case I do think there's a distinction - never really got a sense Aurier's attitude was a problem at Spurs; he did play for us a few days after his brother died iirc and was (apparently) quite a popular member of the squad. It was the on pitch brain farts at crucial times that were the problem.

Ndombele is a different kettle of fish imho in that he is massively talented but unfortunately the attitude and commitment are very much in question.

It certainly wouldn't be the full amount. Maybe somewhere plus or minus half.

If he can find a club that pays him what he thinks he's worth then it's a great deal for Aurier. The problem is that he's dogshit as a defender and he'd be lucky to play for a mid-table club in the Prem.

I could also see this blowing up in his face.
He's just received a huge payoff from us and he is free to sign for anyone, it's really going to blow up in his face ?

I see where you're coming from but in this case I do think there's a distinction - never really got a sense Aurier's attitude was a problem at Spurs; he did play for us a few days after his brother died iirc and was (apparently) quite a popular member of the squad. It was the on pitch brain farts at crucial times that were the problem.

Ndombele is a different kettle of fish imho in that he is massively talented but unfortunately the attitude and commitment are very much in question.
He certainly is massive

He's just received a huge payoff from us and he is free to sign for anyone, it's really going to blow up in his face ?
What I meant is that I believe he could struggle to find a club.

He wanted to return to PSG, so that tells us pretty clearly that he doesn't realize what a car crash he is.

What about being arrested for domestic violence, missing a game after it against United and breaching lockdown 3 times...as well as fucking off home at half time.

🤡 TeamSpirit wrong again.

He is gone and he was shite.

You know who else violated lockdown? The manager you should have fucked off to Roma with.

Has the arrest led to any charges? If not STFU

Got me on the going home one but he was still repeatedly selected after that which is a damning indictment on your “Matt 🥺

What about being arrested for domestic violence, missing a game after it against United and breaching lockdown 3 times...as well as fucking off home at half time.

🤡 TeamSpirit wrong again.

He is gone and he was shite.
He also made us sack him now so he can get a fat sign-on fee at his next club - gooner scum that bloke

You know who else violated lockdown? The manager you should have fucked off to Roma with.

Has the arrest led to any charges? If not STFU

Got me on the going home one but he was still repeatedly selected after that which is a damning indictment on your “Matt 🥺
This is the last time I'll be entertaining replying to you, you American clown. I've been a fan longer than you and you're the one still fucking bringing up Jose.

His name is Matt, it's short for Matthew and also his Twitter and Instagram name that he fucking calls himself, now piss off on ignore you clueless fringe.

You can call him Matthew if you like, you don't have a clue about anything else.

This is the last time I'll be entertaining replying to you, you American clown. I've been a fan longer than you and you're the one still fucking bringing up Jose.

His name is Matt, it's short for Matthew and also his Twitter and Instagram name that he fucking calls himself, now piss off on ignore you clueless fringe.

You can call him Matthew if you like, you don't have a clue about anything else.
Hilarious that you continuously assume that I’m American. I’m from Spurs territory (grew up in EN3) and thank god I’m open minded, otherwise my opinion of Irish footy fans would be in the gutter thanks to you.

Matthew, Matt, shat, cat-in-the-hat… who gives a fuck, Doherty is turd and has been found out.

At least Aurier had some previous credentials. They both need moving on but I won’t have you shamelessly defend one and bash the other through shamrock tinted glasses. Dickhead.

Last edited:
Hilarious that you continuously assume that I’m American. I’m from Spurs territory (grew up in EN3) and thank god I’m open minded, others my opinion of Irish footy fans would be in the gutter thanks to you.

Matthew, Matt, shat, cat-in-the-hat… who gives a fuck, Doherty is turd and has been found out.

At least Aurier had some previous credentials. They both need moving on but I won’t have you shamelessly defend one and bash the other through shamrock tinted glasses. Dickhead.
Aurier used to have a brainfart from 1 in every 3-4 matches (similar to Dier) but Doherty is just shite every match. How can anyone defend a donkey like Doherty...its dumb.

Clearly deluded and believes he should be playing for Barcelona or something.

He won't be missed. Only one helmet now that's still lingering at the club....

Hilarious that you continuously assume that I’m American. I’m from Spurs territory (grew up in EN3) and thank god I’m open minded, otherwise my opinion of Irish footy fans would be in the gutter thanks to you.

Really can't abide the weird anti American crap. Had a season ticket for more years than I can recall have a home in North London born in London. Have worked for the fucking club. It dose not make me a better or more knowledgeable supporter than anyone else be they from Baltimore Ballymena or New Delhi. This attitude is why we English are globally unpopular. Its rank

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom