Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. Good stuff.

Nice to hear the focus on youth; Sarr, Gil and Emerson. Our interest in Moriba makes sense too.

It’s damning on Jose. The talk on having to work on physicality and organisation. You would have thought that’s the one thing Jose *would* have done, as it’s the basics.

You can see how much more aggressive we are off the ball already.
Add Romero to that list too.

Seems like a vet given his recent exposure but is only 23. Quality now and long term potential.

Moriba would have been lovely.

Just in terms of basic fitness. You would think they would have pushed it way more. Maybe being passive and sitting off dropped their levels.

Still, I’m not one to blame Jose for everything. I think he became a convenient scapegoat for some absolute dogshit served up by certain players.
I genuinely to this day believe Jose should have managed the final - all that Levy did was save a few bob which is shameless considering the shit show of a selection that clown Mason served up. I hate him

First window assessment

Good: seems to have initiated a return to purchasing high quality youth, addressed RB issue, addressed part of the CB issue (assuming signings work out). Sold Sissoko & Hart.

Bad: Took way too long (to have a productive and effective summer of squad building) and ultimately still failed to appoint a good club-DNA-fitting coach in spite of clear direction from his boss, failed to address glaring holes/problems in the squad; 2nd new CB, LB, CM, AM/Forwards & left us with no cover for Kane.

- We didn't need a LB.... Needed a RB AND got one though.
- We blew a stack on 1 x CB......
- We bought an AM and he looks great.
- We have 6 CMs on the books and yet still signed another one.

So basically all your boxes were ticket apart from another CB and a backup striker......

Seems myopic over Italy.

Gil from Spain
Emerson from Spain
Sarr from France

Overall: Poor. While, granted, I don't think most expected him to sort everything in one summer

You clearly did! (See top of my reply.)

but even putting all else to one side; to leave Kane and Son to carry the team goal-wise (including assist responsibilities) all season is madness, particularly when Kane is desperate to leave. Maybe they won't get injured and we won't embarrass ourselves playing Scarlett in the euroconf, but it seems very unlikely to me that all that will just miraculously 'be ok'. I can accept Gil replacing Lamela in terms of squad input but not Bale. Had he given himself more time by not totally shitting the bed the manager search he may have had more time to understand our needs, search for and make the right additions.

Hopefully by next summer he will get it together and be more in sync with Nuno, the youth, his boss and all that, but the club, and he as a big part of it now, have fallen a long way short of doing enough to convince anyone we are ambitious.

What is that even meant to mean?

I genuinely to this day believe Jose should have managed the final - all that Levy did was save a few bob which is shameless considering the shit show of a selection that clown Mason served up. I hate him
We 100% lose that final with Jose.
With Mason we threw the dice on a new manager bounce. I can see the logic.

It had gotten so bad under Jose by the end.

- We didn't need a LB.... Needed a RB AND got one though.
- We blew a stack on 1 x CB......
- We bought an AM and he looks great.
- We have 6 CMs on the books and yet still signed another one.

So basically all your boxes were ticket apart from another CB and a backup striker......

Gil from Spain
Emerson from Spain
Sarr from France

You clearly did! (See top of my reply.)

What is that even meant to mean?
I said myopic, not blind to everything but. However I do accept that he has looked elsewhere also, but just came across that way in his manager search, notwithstanding the fact that we went in a different direction after much turmoil, same with the players.

Don’t agree we don’t need another LB but fine. The major issues remaining are goalscorers and creators and they’ve not been dealt with. Happy with Romero, said that, really needed another CB, not convinced Sanchez and Dier are suddenly going to prove to have been the answer all along, but that too I could have accepted as “you can’t have everything” if we got the ammo up front, but we didn’t and it’s not as if we’re confident Ndombele and Gio are going to be chipping in, one’s been instantly ostracised for a start, and I don’t believe they thought Gil was going to be playing a tonne this season being just a slip. Too many of those things didn’t happen for me to think it was a great window, sorry, but want away Kane and Son as regular goal scorers and THAT’S IT? I just think that’s a huge issue.

The in sync bit is just about the new team bedding in; coaching, players, youth that come through during the season etc. all will give FP much more understanding of the needs of the team/squad & coach, had we got our ducks in line earlier we could have made more progress than we did and that’s on him for not appointing a coach swiftly enough.

I’ve hardly written him off but he has not had a stellar first window in my opinion, some good and some not good enough, I expect we’ll see better next year once everyone has settled.

I said myopic, not blind to everything but. However I do accept that he has looked elsewhere also, but just came across that way in his manager search, notwithstanding the fact that we went in a different direction after much turmoil, same with the players.

Don’t agree we don’t need another LB but fine. The major issues remaining are goalscorers and creators and they’ve not been dealt with. Happy with Romero, said that, really needed another CB, not convinced Sanchez and Dier are suddenly going to prove to have been the answer all along, but that too I could have accepted as “you can’t have everything” if we got the ammo up front, but we didn’t and it’s not as if we’re confident Ndombele and Gio are going to be chipping in, one’s been instantly ostracised for a start, and I don’t believe they thought Gil was going to be playing a tonne this season being just a slip. Too many of those things didn’t happen for me to think it was a great window, sorry, but want away Kane and Son as regular goal scorers and THAT’S IT? I just think that’s a huge issue.

The in sync bit is just about the new team bedding in; coaching, players, youth that come through during the season etc. all will give FP much more understanding of the needs of the team/squad & coach, had we got our ducks in line earlier we could have made more progress than we did and that’s on him for not appointing a coach swiftly enough.

I’ve hardly written him off but he has not had a stellar first window in my opinion, some good and some not good enough, I expect we’ll see better next year once everyone has settled.

Just strikes me as you're looking for reasons to be critical.....

No added goalscorer is not good, but pleased with everything else.

Just strikes me as you're looking for reasons to be critical.....

No added goalscorer is not good, but pleased with everything else.
I can see how that looks like that but it’s more like; when a big cock up is made all the other little things being overlooked become part of the list of failings. Had the big one not happened you wouldn’t mention the rest.

I can see how that looks like that but it’s more like; when a big cock up is made all the other little things being overlooked become part of the list of failings. Had the big one not happened you wouldn’t mention the rest.

What "rest"?

Contrary to your first post claiming you didn't expect everything done in 1 window; it's all too evident that you did.

Am I the only person who thinks he done a good job, taking into account the time he's been in the role, and the amount of issues he had to face?
It’s an utterly galling failure to not end with a squad capable of putting out a credible lineup in four competitions.

Value in value out he seems to have done well, but that will ultimately come down to the quality of the scouting where Hitchen wields considerable influence.

He didn’t get himself caught in any intractable bullshit and made the moves he did make with a minimum of fuss, that was good, that’s a big benefit of moving Levy further to the margins.

It’s an utterly galling failure to not end with a squad capable of putting out a credible lineup in four competitions.

Value in value out he seems to have done well, but that will ultimately come down to the quality of the scouting where Hitchen wields considerable influence.

He didn’t get himself caught in any intractable bullshit and made the moves he did make with a minimum of fuss, that was good, that’s a big benefit of moving Levy further to the margins.

This phrase really doesn't mesh well with the rest of your post.

It’s a mixed review.

You don’t get a good grade from me if we’re surrendering in the cups, and we are.

I'm not so sure... Nuno had a proper crack at the cups in yr 1 & 2 at Wolves in a deep run in the EL.... We have better depth than they did.

Back
Top Bottom