Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Idk how I feel about this
I understand why Lo Celso/Romero want to go . Its world cup qualifiers so a world cup is coming up and by not attending international duty you risk not getting into that squad especially with a squad as competitive as Argentina's.
On the other hand though both have an uphill task of getting into Nuno's first XI and you'd think from the POV of playing for their club they'd just not go on international duty to get the extra fitness they need and then to make themselves available for selection. Ultimately Romero should be convincing Spurs to buy him. Likewise Lo Celso should be convincing Spurs that all the money they spent on him was worth it.

However, I struggle to believe Spurs didn't give them their blessing. Only Spurs/Villa players went out of all the South American players in the PL. I'll give you an example of someone who would've wanted to go 100% . Richarlison. Richarlison played in the Olympics just to play for his country and missed the start of the season with Everton . If it had been a case of players forcing a move then Richarlison would've gone. Others would follow too. Someone say Raphinha who has been called up for the first time to Brazil. No way would he reject that opportunity. Therefore, I honestly believe Spurs gave them permission to go however the whole issue is now over the coming back early.

I actually don't know where blame lies and I feel that we as the general public just don't know too much about the whole situation.
Either way its a mess.
And I'm sure next international break (October) those guys will be staying in England given the mess that has happened from this
Brazil called up NO european based players, hence your comments about Brazilians not going re wide of the mark

Argentinian FA decided to call up players wherever they are - and hence the current problem, accentuated by FiFA demanding any player called p must go.

Both FIFA and Argentian FA couldn't run a market stall. No common sense like checking covid regulations around the world - otherwise they would have known Argentians couldn't easily get into Brazil if they played in UK etc .

All just money orientated chancers who have no fucking clue what they are doing.

Wouldn’t trust argie FA either surely they and the players must have known that they’d flown in from U.K. ffs gio and Romero played a few days before hand.

Back
Top Bottom