USMNT Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

barack-obama-shrug.gif

What is happening? Could you be more obtuse?

Deep breaths gents, it's early.

Given, when I saw the lineup for the El Salvador match I wanted to slap the shit out of Berhalter. FFS, open strong on the road in a winnable game, get the morale up and then if you draw to Canadia you still feel good about having gotten 4 points from the first 2 matches.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where the leadership is going to come from with this group.

The team is a fucking car crash. If (read: when) we don’t qualify we’ll be once again the laughing stock of world soccer.
The only time anyone acknowledges the USMNT's existence is to laugh....so not sure what you mean?

Not really into international football, just a trainwreck between the massive railways of corruption and incompetence. Not really into the Olympics either, for much the same reason.

Just a completely antiquated idea only perpetuated so some fat useless pricks who can't succeed in either real business or real crime can grift.

Don't think this thread will go well, either.

:klinsmann:

US team doesn't get much coverage over here obviously so just having a look through the recent results.

Yowzers that's pretty ugly. Canada, El Salvador, Haiti, Qatar, Jamaica.....the US should be steamrollering those minnows. Couple good wins against Mexico though.

Even as a 5th sport or whatever it is, should do much better. Feel slightly better about England's traditional underachievement now.

I was at the game Sunday night... crowd was absolutely pumped for the game and squarely behind the team. Too bad we looked like absolute shit. Possession for possession's sake. Never tried to attack. Berhalter waited too late to bring on Sergeant and why the hell he started Siebatcheu over him in the first place is beyond me. If we don't win against Honduras, we need to think about replacing Berhalter. Don't give me the Nations League/Gold Cup shit because qualifying for the WC is all that matters. We were promised a new era and this looks like the same old shit.

Don't give me the Nations League/Gold Cup shit because qualifying for the WC is all that matters.
There's a real problem with every game the US plays being either at home or in Europe and then for the small handful of absolutely life-and-death qualifiers that matter it's these incredibly unfamiliar and difficult environments in Honduras or Trinidad and Tobago and we always look like shit.

There's a real problem with every game the US plays being either at home or in Europe and then for the small handful of absolutely life-and-death qualifiers that matter it's these incredibly unfamiliar and difficult environments in Honduras or Trinidad and Tobago and we always look like shit.
We should have come out of these 3 games with 9 points. El Salvador is awful, Canada is mediocre and we had home field, and Honduras is awful. 90% of our squad plays in Europe yet we can't beat scrub teams. I don't get it. I'm glad we booed the team off the field after the final whistle.

Listen man... it's all about equal pay for Rapinoe's mates (even though they make more, but I digress) so we have to say USMNT or the internet police will come for our children.
Is the whole “USMNT” acronym meant to be a gender egalitarian thing?

It’s so ubiquitous I’ve never really thought twice about it.

The women’s team shouldn’t want to be associated with this dumpster fire.

Back
Top Bottom