New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I made up that the club would like sponsorship in place for something like this as early as possible? Yeah, alright John.

Leave it another few years sure waiting for this world record deal that I'm sure will happen.
Imagine believing Levy hasn't been trying to sell the rights for 5 years already

I made up that the club would like sponsorship in place for something like this as early as possible? Yeah, alright John.

Leave it another few years sure waiting for this world record deal that I'm sure will happen.
Read the post I made on this thread a little earlier. Read it slowly so it sinks in.

What world record deal? Stop making shit up, you're embarrassing yourself.

We were in talks with Nike among others - of course the bald cunt wanted more as usual so was told to fuck off. Then Covid hit and the rest is history

Stop making excuses for him - this was a major fuck up over and above the project overrun
Nike have never sponsored a stadium, and there's nothing to suggest they're about to do that now.

As for your other post, you act like he ought to have known that Covid was coming, and also that you have knowledge of genuine offers that were turned down. Truth is, there's never been a credible report on stadium sponsor interest or firm offers, and everything you're saying is down to nothing but speculation from less than reputable sources

Nike have never sponsored a stadium, and there's nothing to suggest they're about to do that now.

As for your other post, you act like he ought to have known that Covid was coming, and also that you have knowledge of genuine offers that were turned down. Truth is, there's never been a credible report on stadium sponsor interest or firm offers, and everything you're saying is down to nothing but speculation from less than reputable sources
We had engagements even during the finance stage - that is a well known fact

He had 3 years min prior to Covid to resolve this - also a fact

You make it sound like not having a sponsor and missing out on 30/40m per annum is a good thing?

Don't feed the troll.

I don't understand the fixation many here and elsewhere have with a stadium sponsor.

The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is helping with building the brand of the club. With NFL and also Heavyweight boxing about to be staged there (among other things) the global audience to the brand will be in the millions if not billions.
I actually like the fact that we don't have a sponsor's name attached to the stadium. I know that it is not sensible from a financial viewpoint, but maybe the other activities will balance that out.

We had engagements even during the finance stage - that is a well known fact

He had 3 years min prior to Covid to resolve this - also a fact

You make it sound like not having a sponsor and missing out on 30/40m per annum is a good thing?
Well known by who? How is any of this fact? to prove something is a fact there must be evidence. You only have speculation that's been regurgitated so often it's treated as fact, but nothing more than that.

Obviously missing out on £30/40m per annum for stadium sponsorship is disappointing, in the same way that me not being paid half a million a year salary is disappointing.

If a business wanted to pay a decent amount for a stadium sponsor, we'd have a stadium sponsor.

We held out longer than anyone else to get a sleeve sponsor, but we now have one. We held out longer than many other clubs for a training wear sponsor, but we now have one. Whether that's down to Levy holding out for an unachievable price until now, we don't know, and whether we've now done these deals because Levy has agreed to drop the price, we don't know. You could speculate, and no doubt you will, but that doesn't make it fact.

If a business wanted to pay a decent amount for a stadium sponsor, we'd have a stadium sponsor.
Wrong - only if they paid the amount Levy wanted

Same reason why we missed out on millions for a sleeve and training sponsor for years

Naming rights was part of the deal from the very start - don't be silly

This is from 2019

Speaking in an exclusive interview with the Evening Standard , Levy said: "We are only going to do a naming rights deal if we get the right brand, in the right sector, on the right money.

"If we can’t meet those three criteria, we won’t do it. At the moment, we haven’t found a company that meets all three criteria. We are not really close to anything on that at the moment."

I actually like the fact that we don't have a sponsor's name attached to the stadium. I know that it is not sensible from a financial viewpoint, but maybe the other activities will balance that out.
I'd agree if we we'd called the ground 'New White Hart Lane' or named it after someone or something like that, but to me 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium' has always been a placeholder name until we find a sponsor.

Wrong - only if they paid the amount Levy wanted

Same reason why we missed out on millions for a sleeve and training sponsor for years

Naming rights was part of the deal from the very start - don't be silly

This is from 2019

Speaking in an exclusive interview with the Evening Standard , Levy said: "We are only going to do a naming rights deal if we get the right brand, in the right sector, on the right money.

"If we can’t meet those three criteria, we won’t do it. At the moment, we haven’t found a company that meets all three criteria. We are not really close to anything on that at the moment."
How many millions did we miss out on? How many companies made offers? What was the value of those offers? What's the value of the deals we've recently made? You obviously know these answers?

And yes, I'm not sure where the fault is with what Levy said there. What's the issue with that?

Back
Top Bottom