Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC are obviously far from perfect, but they did actually achieve a lot of what was asked of them over the summer.

I feel like a lot of people on this site are so set in their ways about being anti Levy that nothing ENIC does now will ever be good enough. We sign Romero, possibly the best defender from the Serie A, and instead all people focus on are "why didn't we sign Traore?".

That's probably because they support the FC rather than the investment company.

Of course Nuno is a lot to blame for yesterday

HOWEVER, Our squad is weaker than last season and we didn't buy another attacker or a CAM which could've been used yesterday.

Who's fault is that? Paratici/Levy etc..

Its sad how Paratici had to convince Levy to make Nuno our manager.
Levy wasn't convinced and on yesterday's showing for good reason.

The football isn't attacking or entertaining as we would've expected by our chairman's statement

The football isn't attacking or entertaining as we would've expected by our chairman's statement

It’s also makes me badly question Paratici’s judgement. He seems to be ok with players, Gil and Romero looks like talented players and he obviously has good contacts but if Nuno fails it’s hard to see it not damaging Paratici’s rep with us.

Then hiring Paratici is working exactly as intended for Levy. Blame the DoF, blame another 'dinosaur' coach etc. anyone but the bald cunt who hires them all and has got lucky twice in 20 years (Harry Redknapp and Poch). And even with those two, did his best to undermine them with his penny wise, pound foolish bullshit.

There is no plan in footballing terms, but to tread water and ride the wave if we get lucky with a good coach and a few signings. Levy thrashes about from thing to thing; Dof, then no, then yes, then no, then yes. Older coach, younger coach, defensive coach, unproven coach, proven coach - whatever, but no underlying philosophy for the club. Did an interview about attacking DNA (same bloke that hired Jose then hires Nuno). The only certainty is that Levy and Lewis have made a fortune out of the club, for whenever they decide to cash in.

I'm a former Levy apologist but this summer was it, I am sick of the cunt. I'll give Nuno the benefit of the doubt, but deep down I don't think he is going to do well. I'll support the players and the team, but I don't really think we are good enough to achieve anything of note. But it seems clear that any success we have is inspite of Levy, and not because of any genius planning on his part, because there is no plan.

If Levy wants Champions league football so badly then get a squad capable of that.
The fact we only have 5 senior attacking players in the squad massively hinders us. Two are out missing yesterday and we have 2 shots all game. Its unacceptable. Maybe they didn't want to overspend on Traore fair enough. But where's you plan B? You can't just go into a season without any other attacker. Neither Bale or VInicius were replaced. Why did Paratici end the window in that situation. he's massively fucked up here just as Levy has.

Then hiring Paratici is working exactly as intended for Levy. Blame the DoF, blame another 'dinosaur' coach etc. anyone but the bald cunt who hires them all and has got lucky twice in 20 years (Harry Redknapp and Poch). And even with those two, did his best to undermine them with his penny wise, pound foolish bullshit.

There is no plan in footballing terms, but to tread water and ride the wave if we get lucky with a good coach and a few signings. Levy thrashes about from thing to thing; Dof, then no, then yes, then no, then yes. Older coach, younger coach, defensive coach, unproven coach, proven coach - whatever, but no underlying philosophy for the club. Did an interview about attacking DNA (same bloke that hired Jose then hires Nuno). The only certainty is that Levy and Lewis have made a fortune out of the club, for whenever they decide to cash in.

I'm a former Levy apologist but this summer was it, I am sick of the cunt. I'll give Nuno the benefit of the doubt, but deep down I don't think he is going to do well. I'll support the players and the team, but I don't really think we are good enough to achieve anything of note. But it seems clear that any success we have is inspite of Levy, and not because of any genius planning on his part, because there is no plan.
Brilliant post. I hit the end of my tolerance this year with not sacking Mourinho for months, the super league, not apolgising for the super league, appointing Mason, the managerial search etc. Was always on the fence with Levy before but enough is enough. As you say there is no real plan outside of hoping we find another Poch (not backing him when it mattered in 16, 17, 18 was Levys biggest cock up). I dont think they're bothered about top 4 now, its all about just keep things ticking over enough to fill the stadium and prevent a fans revolt. The money from matchday revenue and other events is enough so why bother spending a fortune on chasing a top 4 place you might not achieve? We're now a stadium that sometimes hosts football. Anchor tenants indeed.

Fine by Levy

he has his new scapegoats in place

when we finish 9th this year playing more diabolical football the usual lot will blame Paratici and Nuno and absolve Daniel of all blame , conveniently forgetting that he hired them both

rinse and repeat

Fine by Levy

he has his new scapegoats in place

when we finish 9th this year playing more diabolical football the usual lot will blame Paratici and Nuno and absolve Daniel of all blame , conveniently forgetting that he hired them both

rinse and repeat
That's fine
but I do blame Paratici a lot for this. Lobbied for Nuno and didn't do enough in the window.

He isn't the don like many tried to call him

Bingo.

They are using the FC to operate their investments.

Football strictly secondary.

ECA let some of the Super League conspirators (for lack of a better term) onto their board, probably on the theory of "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Juventus, Real Madrid, and Barcelona still are holding onto the Super League idea and having some of the other Super League advocates on the board may keep them away from recombining with those three. But it also gives Levy and the others a chance to advocate for changes that favor big clubs while staying in the ECA. It's a short term solution for ECA that creates a long-term problem. The only true safety for football would have been to force the PL super league club owners to divest, but there is no legal way to do that. As long as they are in the Premier League they will continue to represent a risk to the sport.

the Super League will come back and hopefully in the way it should have been from the start
a complete break away league under its own rules nothing to do with FIFA or EUFA

Back
Top Bottom