Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It also seems somewhat convenient that it was Betis who were owed money as part of this deal via a 20% sell on clause who of course we are already doing business with, no doubt paying off Lo Celso over a fair amount of time...and of course Barca are in a complete state and desperate.

The deal reeks of finance tbh.

Takehiro​

Sad Adam Ruins GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

The club gets a lot of stick these days but credit where it's due , they certainly know a good right back when they see one , the progression from Kyle Walker to Kieran Trippier to Serge Aurier to Matt Docherty to this latest gem brings a lump to my throat

Proper heart warming stuff

Not a good first game, then again, every fullback has a hard time against Zaha. Hopefully a better performance against Chelsea and/or Rennes.

I hope to goodness that he was brought on as a replacement for Doherty, and not Tanganga. Tanganga is our first talented right back since Trippier, and he has so much room to grow. Best create a Romero and Sanchez pairing, with Tanganga as a right back.

In fact, what I would really like is this with our current group:

Tanganga romero sanchez regui

But essentially have that become a 3 at the back with Regui spending most of his time overlapping with Son.

We had this lopsided 4 under Mourinho with Aurier and it worked alright for a few games. Romero excels at a back 3, and Tanganga is a great third rcb. Just have to see if Sanchez can play well enough on the left side, or if Rodon makes it his.

I didn't see enough going forward from Royale to think a 3-2-3-1 would work where he and Regui are pure fullbacks.

Your Tanganga romero sanchez regui will never work
Sanchez will not and cannot play left side
he wouldn't stay that side when paired with Toby, and in end Toby was forced to play Left side, why do you think Dier is Left side ? he was a right back, he uses his right mostly
that is why I've always said we need a left CB first as understudy then take over from Jan

The manager made a cunt of himself as stated virtually everywhere and this decision was in keeping.
Royal shouldn’t have started the game against a notoriously difficult player and atmosphere. Rodon should have been in the centre with JT out right.
the only plus point is that maybe he’ll learn quicker. He’ll have to as it’s those massive cunts on Saturday.

I hope to goodness that he was brought on as a replacement for Doherty, and not Tanganga. Tanganga is our first talented right back since Trippier, and he has so much room to grow. Best create a Romero and Sanchez pairing, with Tanganga as a right back.

In fact, what I would really like is this with our current group:

Tanganga romero sanchez regui

But essentially have that become a 3 at the back with Regui spending most of his time overlapping with Son.

We had this lopsided 4 under Mourinho with Aurier and it worked alright for a few games. Romero excels at a back 3, and Tanganga is a great third rcb. Just have to see if Sanchez can play well enough on the left side, or if Rodon makes it his.

I didn't see enough going forward from Royale to think a 3-2-3-1 would work where he and Regui are pure fullbacks.

3231 = 9 players.... Not a fan.

Emerson must be the worst signing ever, can't dribble, can't tackle and can't pass

We are backwards, why play dele in wing position, we being getting bad players

No depth, no wingers, should have break bank for podence and adama traore

Even keeping aurier is better than signing him

I hate it that we have to resort to keeping the ball in the corner even against Watford and wolves

So you've decided all that on one fucking game where EVERYONE was shocking.

Seriously what is wrong with people like you?

Honestly, this is the dumbest post I've ever had the misfortune to read (and that says something on here!).

Everyone on here is now dumber for having read this nonsense.

Your username is apt at least, because this post is utter pants.

I suggest you go back, have a re-think, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Royal shouldn’t have started the game against a notoriously difficult player and atmosphere.
I don't think it's the worst idea. Kind of: here's what we regularly face in the PL. Deal with it.

I thought he handled some of it quite well actually. But he had a rude awakening when Zaha kept besting him. At least he got to experience the thrill of Spurs at their worst right from the get go. All other sensations can only be more positive!

Back
Top Bottom