Emerson Royal

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think it's the worst idea. Kind of: here's what we regularly face in the PL. Deal with it.

I thought he handled some of it quite well actually. But he had a rude awakening when Zaha kept besting him. At least he got to experience the thrill of Spurs at their worst right from the get go. All other sensations can only be more positive!
Whenever I look at your Avatar I hear “Love the beard darling…gives me [thrust] something to hold on to“ running through my head.

I said he should have made his debut against Rennes not away against one of the league's trickiest wingers but what do I know.

I think he will be fine. I don't buy the Nuno quotes that he's an offensive full back though.

I thought Emerson had a decent game.

He had to take on Zaha alone which is not an easy task. But he didn't back down and took the challenge.

Yes, eventually Zaha did get the best of him but I like his spirit. I think he will have a bright future with the

club.

He had to take on Zaha alone which is not an easy task. But he didn't back down and took the challenge.

Yes, eventually Zaha did get the best of him but I like his spirit. I think he will have a bright future with the

club.
First half I definitely think that he kept Zaha in check. He got overwhelmed in the second half but that entire half was a shambles as a whole so I am not sure how much of that is on him or just on the entire team collapsing in on itself.

club.
Agreed. He was soundly beaten by Zaha most times, but showed a lot of fight and effort.
Let's remember he's 22, 4 days in the country, a stranger to the whole team and a brand new league.

He needs a good 10-15 games to at least settle in.

The club gets a lot of stick these days but credit where it's due , they certainly know a good right back when they see one , the progression from Kyle Walker to Kieran Trippier to Serge Aurier to Matt Docherty to this latest gem brings a lump to my throat

Proper heart warming stuff
The guy played one game. What’s wrong with you people?

No one said he doesn't deserve more time, but you can't call that a decent debut by any stretch.
It was one of the worst debuts ever for the club. Nuno made a poor decision to start him in this game.
But I think he has talent and will do well for the club in the future.
But let's not try to rewrite the past. He stank against Zaha.

Zaha was the best player on the pitch on Saturday, well him and Gallagher.

You would hardly have been Mystic Meg if you'd predicted him causing us problems before the game
There were plenty here who were calling him a squad player when he was linked with us (always a player I wanted here).

Yes he was the best on the pitch that day and Emerson couldn't cope, that wasn't even Zaha at his very best IMO.

Back
Top Bottom