Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not a coincidence that Alli was much better when we had a much better team and he had better players without him. Just look at Harry Kane and how he's suffering. Kane's suffering from having so much average-ness around him. Imagine how Lewandowski would feel if he suddenly had Lucas Moura, Bergwijn, Skipp and Winks in the same side instead of the world-class players he does at Bayern every week.

Put Alli in a better side than ours and you'd probably see more of his old form from a few years back. We're closer to being a mid-table club now than top 4. However excited a few simpletons got after a few narrow wins.
It's not a coincidence that Alli was much better when we had a much better team and he had better players without him. Just look at Harry Kane and how he's suffering. Kane's suffering from having so much average-ness around him. Imagine how Lewandowski would feel if he suddenly had Lucas Moura, Bergwijn, Skipp and Winks in the same side instead of the world-class players he does at Bayern every week.

Put Alli in a better side than ours and you'd probably see more of his old form from a few years back. We're closer to being a mid-table club now than top 4. However excited a few simpletons got after a few narrow wins.
That apples to many of them. We need the new players Romero, Gil and Emerson to start performing, to get Lo Celso and Ndombele back and you will see others will be under less pressure and will improve. It is no surprise that Dele, Dier and Davies All played better in a stronger Spurs side.

Well, there you have it, folks.

Ferdinand said about Alli on BT Sport 1 (11:51am, September 11, 2021): “Physically he can overpower, he can dominate, he can outrun most players around. Physically he is a machine, he is a specimen.”

Ferdinand said about Alli on BT Sport 1 (11:51am, September 11, 2021): “Physically he can overpower, he can dominate, he can outrun most players around. Physically he is a machine, he is a specimen.”

The more you listen to these pundits, the more you realise they don't actually watch any games. They just look at little clips and form judgements based on selective highlights.
Nobody who actually watches us would make that statement about Dele, unless they were on drugs.

Dele definitely can run and has a motor but 'overpower' is a bit of a stretch. He must have been talking about Winks there.

The more you listen to these pundits, the more you realise they don't actually watch any games. They just look at little clips and form judgements based on selective highlights.
Nobody who actually watches us would make that statement about Dele, unless they were on drugs.
Everything said in that quote is literally the opposite of what I’d think of Dele.

Ferdinand is a particularly shit pundit.

Yup! And the really frightening part is most of those haven't cottoned on just yet. Gonna be interesting when they do.

edit: And folks like Guido get real chirpy when good ol' Dele runs around a bit and they can post absolutely silly stats about it but on the more frequent occurrence of what we saw yesterday they suffer a profound laryngitis. In fact, they can't even man up and show themselves to say "yeah, he fucking sucked yesterday and I can imagine this is why some of you folks want his sorry ass gone". Instead they lie in wait for the next "man of the marathon" performance (totally ignoring the intervening shit after shit performances of jogging effort and absent quality) so they can get their circle jerk formed and wank amongst themselves. I imagine the time it takes for them to recognize is directly proportional to their understanding of the fucking game. Shame.
Todd, you are fucking obsessed mate.

I don't think ANYONE was good! I thought we stunk the place out! I thought the manager was shit with his selection and then not to do anything to change it.

I stayed away from here post-match (until now) other than to make ONE post in the match thread after the game, that simply said we were shit before and after the sending off. I don't want to wallow in people spitting blood and venting for fucking hours and hours, thought I'd get on with my weekend and not get sucked into a vortex of misery that you no doubt have been in your element post-match (you might not have done, as I said I've not been on here to check).

I don't go around hunting individual players following a performance that clearly the fault of which lay at the door of the manager and how he had us go into the game (notwithstanding the handicap of the players available for selection, I expected us to perform far, far better than we did) tactically, physically, mentally he got it wrong, so I don't see the relevance of taking aim at a single player. But of cause only you would want to do so because you haven't been given the opportunity to vent on him this season because Dele has been arguably our best player, so like a coiled spring here you are venting, desperate to point fingers when you think the opportunity is right for you, whilst silent when he's been playing well.

It baffles me why YOU constantly quote me every time you choose to go in on Dele? Just do so without tagging me, so I can ignore the stuff you type, why do you crave my validation? You know my stance on him the player and I know yours. For fuck sake just crack on all by yourself, you don't need me. I don't need you.

Last edited:
Dier at least cares. Where's the Dele of old? Niggly. Aggravating. There was a point yesterday where he had the chance to wind up an opponent (can't remember who) but it ended in smiles and hugs. We're just so passive as a team. There's no will to win or battle.
Yes he did that against Shitty last season when we were two or three down

Unacceptable

Last edited:

I don't think ANYONE was good! I thought we stunk the place out! I thought the manager was shit with his selection and then not to do anything to change it.

I stayed away from here post-match (until now) other than to make ONE post in the match thread after the game, that simply said we were shit before and after the sending off. I don't want to wallow in people spitting blood and venting for fucking hours and hours, thought I'd get on with my weekend and not get sucked into a vortex of misery that you no doubt have been in your element post-match (you might not have done, as I said I've not been on here to check).

I don't go around hunting individual players following a performance that clearly the fault of which lay at the door of the manager and how he had us go into the game (notwithstanding the handicap of the players available for selection, I expected us to perform far, far better than we did) tactically, physically, mentally he got it wrong, so I don't see the performance of taking aim at a single player. But of cause only you would want to do so because you haven't been given the opportunity to vent on him this season because Dele has been arguably our best player, so like a coiled spring here you are venting, desperate to point fingers when you think the opportunity is right for you, whilst silent when he's been playing well.

It baffles me why YOU constantly quote me every time you choose to go in on Dele? Just do so without tagging me, so I can ignore the stuff you type, why do you crave my validation? You know my stance on him the player and I know yours. For fuck sake just crack on all by yourself, you don't need me. I don't need you.

todd1882 todd1882 "can't quit" Guido.

:sandroscream:

He used to offer the ability to get in the box and score goals. It's a valuable gift. One he appears to have now lost as he's become basically a midfield water-carrier.

I think he has no footballing identity. He doesn't know what he actually is on the pitch. Neither do the club. But as long as he's running around a lot they'll kind of stumble on as they are.

It's the Spurs way.
Under coached and over indulged. Now forced in his decline to do a job that suits neither him or us.

I recall Jamie Redknapp saying something along the lines of Sissoko brings that extra quality on the ball that Lo Celso lacks at one point.

Should've been relieved of his duties on the spot.
Almost as bad as Sissoko's Wikipedia article which states, and I quote:

"He is also known for his striking ability from distance and on the run with his right foot, as well as his eye for goal from midfield"

(5 goals in 202 appearances)!!!!!

Last edited:

I don't go around hunting individual players following a performance that clearly the fault of which lay at the door of the manager and how he had us go into the game (notwithstanding the handicap of the players available for selection, I expected us to perform far, far better than we did) tactically, physically, mentally he got it wrong, so I don't see the relevance of taking aim at a single player. But of cause only you would want to do so because you haven't been given the opportunity to vent on him this season because Dele has been arguably our best player, so like a coiled spring here you are venting, desperate to point fingers when you think the opportunity is right for you, whilst silent when he's been playing well.

Look at you, Guido, making it personal instead of focusing on the topic at hand. I though you were more mature and better than that but clearly you are not. So instead of just responding to my post like a well-adjusted adult (or not responding, that was your choice) you decided to go with childish personal attacks...pure sign that you had reached the end of you reason. And/or that dele's performance was so indefensible you needed to change the focus.

I respond to your Dele nonsense because you are in here every fucking chance you get utilizing whatever gossamer thin shred of 'evidence' (on-screen or not) that this kid isn't a busted flush. You place the target on your back my man I just shoot it down. And for whatever narcissistic fantasies you might have you are not the only one...I ridicule all posters in this thread that spout similar nonsense to you because your delusion is of Trumpian proportions. You wanted us to stop the count after 3 games of running around a bit but the season is 38.

And to be clear, YOU made that snarky, dismissive comment that (so predictably) came back to bite you in the ass. I just made sure it was highlighted. Take it on the chin my man. I got called out on the Kane stuff by Swellhead Spur and took it like a man...not like the tantrum throwing child you are showing yourself to be. I guess the difference b/w you and me is I'm still confident in my take. But you know your teeny-bopper love affair for this kid was always on shaky ground and that deep down you've always been talking bullshit on this kid. Oh, and I'm a well-adjusted adult that wouldn't mistake personal attack for argument.

Back
Top Bottom