Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

990dda38f2123c8bf83f5e01ded35cfa.jpg
Haha!! I'm thinking him and someone like Ruddock sitting next to each other in the canteen.

Heaven knows what he'd say about Thud's tomato ketchup

:dempsey:

I know they have a good squad and all but I have to say Ole has got them playing a decent style of football. I know he gets the piss taken out of him for being inexperienced but he isn’t stupid and to be fair has done a far better job than either Lampard or Arteta who are similar newbies.

Perhaps they could get an elite manager like Tuchel or Klopp but still they won’t be an easy team to stop this season.

I know they have a good squad and all but I have to say Ole has got them playing a decent style of football. I know he gets the piss taken out of him for being inexperienced but he isn’t stupid and to be fair has done a far better job than either Lampard or Arteta who are similar newbies.

Perhaps they could get an elite manager like Tuchel or Klopp but still they won’t be an easy team to stop this season.
They've backed him well in the transfer market, even Utd fans will admit that. Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Cavani, Fernandes et al. We can only dream of shopping in that market...

:levyeyes:

They've backed him well in the transfer market, even Utd fans will admit that. Varane, Sancho, Ronaldo, Cavani, Fernandes et al. We can only dream of shopping in that market...

:levyeyes:

Rich club spends lots..... Shocker.

I agree it would be lovely to have the amount of revenue that they do though.

How does a 36 year old maintain such incredible physical condition and athleticism? He was lightning quick for his second goal.

The norm is that speed and especially that explosive acceleration declines a lot for players as they age into their thirties. How has he overcome that?

I can't think of another player who has looked so close to his athletic peak at 36. To me it's a bit of a red flag. Is his continued supreme athleticism really possible with legitimate training methods?

He's nowhere near as quick as he was. He's still extremely athletic. Comes simply from complete dedication to fitness and an unreal diet. Nothing bad passes through his digestive system. He doesn't even have a cheat day once in a while. He eats absolutely no processed food, which is a major player in many illnesses, and will have very little carbs, which is another thing that can cause issues when eaten in any sort of quantity. I've screwed up my own digestive system because I've basically lived on bread and fries/chips.

Last edited:
He's nowhere near as quick as he was. He's still extremely athletic. Comes simply from complete dedication to fitness and an unreal diet. Nothing bad passes through his digestive system. He doesn't even have a cheat day once in a while. He eats absolutely no processed food, which is a major player in many illnesses, and will have very little carbs, which is another thing that can cause issues when eaten in any sort of quantity. I've screwed up my own digestive system because I basically live on bread and potato.

He's been extremely fortunate with injuries over the years too..... This helps a lot.

Last edited:
He's been extremely fortunate with injuries over the years too..... This helps a lot

Think his fitness definitely played a role with that, though of course you need a bit of luck too.

I don't think he was naturally much more gifted than Rooney. In fact I'd say Rooney was better at 18/19 than Ronaldo was. But how they've lived and looked after themselves throughout their careers were like night and day. Hence Rooney peaking by the time he was in his mid 20's and looking like shit now in comparison to Ronaldo who's fitness is more on par with a 28 year old athlete.

I think Chelsea have the best squad now. But United after the signings they've made are on a par with City, who haven't replaced Aguero. If United add Rice or Phillips to their midfield so they're not starting Fred so frequently (or at all) I think they'll be a real force, no matter who's in charge there.

Think his fitness definitely played a role with that, though of course you need a bit of luck too.

It will have played a part perhaps, but there's just too much physical action and interaction in football for fitness to become a primary factor in avoiding serious or recurring injury.

Kane is a good example.... He's obviously been about trying to max out what he's got, but a few bad challenges and hasty comebacks and his mobility has clearly taken a hit.

I don't think he was naturally much more gifted than Rooney. In fact I'd say Rooney was better at 18/19 than Ronaldo was. But how they've lived and looked after themselves throughout their careers were like night and day. Hence Rooney peaking by the time he was in his mid 20's and looking like shit now in comparison to Ronaldo who's fitness is more on par with a 28 year old athlete.

Indeed.

Rooney's core frame is not quite as ideal as CRs though, but neither was the smoking, pies and granny-shagging.

I think Chelsea have the best squad now. But United after the signings they've made are on a par with City, who haven't replaced Aguero. If United add Rice or Phillips to their midfield so they're not starting Fred so frequently (or at all) I think they'll be a real force, no matter who's in charge there.

I think this season is likely decided by the head-to-heads......

Tuchel vs Cuntiola vs Ole.... Funnily enough Cunty doesn't fair well against either.

United with Ronaldo are a serious force I’m telling you. I know people like to give it the “Ole PE teacher “ scenario but it doesn’t matter. When you got Ronaldo who will easily get 30+ this season, they have a fantastic chance of success. Well jealous of the bigger clubs who have by far a better team than us

United with Ronaldo are a serious force I’m telling you. I know people like to give it the “Ole PE teacher “ scenario but it doesn’t matter. When you got Ronaldo who will easily get 30+ this season, they have a fantastic chance of success. Well jealous of the bigger clubs who have by far a better team than us
This a piss take??

Also Varane improves them a lot.

Back
Top Bottom