Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're Son fans, many of them here. Not Spurs fans. Don't make them out to be something they're not.
I understand you’ve been having the battle of your life defending Kane’s honor and purity for over a month in this thread. I try not to engage because Kane is a class act irrespective of his transfer debacle. But I write because what you said there is very presumptuous and black and white generalization that would do more harm than good regardless of your intentions. Surely, as a “Spurs fan,” you do not want to divide the supporters, or frame or push away certain groups of people, including those who have recently started finding interests in and a fondness for our club for whatever reasons. If more and more people around the world support and regard Spurs, say, because of the likes of Son or Moura, I see it as a good sign for a club of this size and calibre (and sorry to break the news, but they may come with different perspectives). As far as a constructive criticism goes, it does not matter whether you currently own the club, your grandfather’s grave got dug up to build the new training ground, or your name is Harry Kane or Winks. People are entitled to their own opinions, and it’s not really a shocker to see criticisms towards either Harrys when we just played so poorly against Palace (while the whole transfer saga is still fresh in everyone’s mind). You might think my comment here is biased with ill-will motives, but I still respect your opinion and cause.

Last edited:
Just wait, NdomBALLER is going to transform this team. He's going to be the creative force in the middle we need. Then Kane is going to get all the credit like he usually does.
After two years of not doing that, I won't hold my breath for NDombele to come to life and be the player his talent suggests.

I understand you’ve been having the battle of your life defending Kane’s honor and purity for over a month in this thread. I try not to engage because Kane is a class act irrespective of his transfer debacle. But I write because what you said there is very presumptuous and black and white generalization that would do more harm than good regardless of your intentions. Surely, as a “Spurs fan,” you do not want to divide the supporters, or frame or push away certain groups of people, including those who have recently started finding interests in and a fondness for our club for whatever reasons. If more and more people around the world support and regard Spurs, say, because of the likes of Son or Moura, I see it as a good sign for a club of this size and calibre (and sorry to break the news, but they may come with different perspectives). As far as a constructive criticism goes, it does not matter whether you currently own the club, your grandfather’s grave got dug up to build the new training ground, or your name is Harry Kane or Winks. People are entitled to their own opinions, and it’s not really a shocker to see criticisms towards either Harrys when we just played so poorly against Palace (while the whole transfer saga is still fresh in everyone’s mind). You might think my comment here is biased with ill-will motives, but I still respect your opinion and cause.

Sorry, but anybody that supports a club because of one player isn't worth bothering with, in my opinion. And there are definitely one or two Son supporters here that would ditch the club the moment Son left, should he ever do. That's not what supporting any football club is about.

As for me defending Kane, I was all for selling him at the right price for the good of the club long term. I just find it ridiculous how many nutters suddenly make out he's not the player he is after he upset a lot of people recently. I've heard it all here over the last month or so - Muppets saying that he's one dimensional. Muppets saying that he slows the team down and we're a better side with without him. Muppets saying that he's the main reason the club hasn't won any trophies because he goes missing in finals, blah blah blah. All of a sudden all the goals he's scored over the years, season after season, are against crap teams, apparently, and only because the likes of Son are in the side. The same Son who wouldn't have scored half the goals he did last season if it wasn't for Harry. Absolute simpletons.

Last edited:
Sorry, but anybody that supports a club because of one player isn't worth bothering with, in my opinion. And there are definitely one or two Son supporters here that would ditch the club the moment Son left, should he ever do. That's not what supporting any football club is about.

Indeed there are and they've openly intimated as much.

....We also clearly had a number of Mourinho fans who have since fucked off again too.

.....We also experienced similar when we became the go-to club for Croats whilst we had Modric, Charlie & Kranjcar on the books.

This is the distinction thus between them and the false notion of Kane fanbois..... There's not the slightest suggestion that anyone would have stopped being a Spurs fan if he'd have left this summer......

Last edited:

As for me defending Kane, I was all for selling him at the right price for the good of the club long term. I just find it ridiculous how many nutters suddenly make out he's not the player he is after he upset a lot of people recently. I've heard it all here over the last month or so - Muppets saying that he's one dimensional. Muppets saying that he slows the team down and we're a better side with without him. Muppets saying that he's the main reason the club hasn't won any trophies because he goes missing in finals, blah blah blah. All of a sudden all the goals he's scored over the years, season after season, are against crap teams, apparently, and only because the likes of Son are in the side. The same Son who wouldn't have scored half the goals he did last season if it wasn't for Harry. Absolute simpletons.
That is true with almost any top top player, and is not something specific to Son. The top top players can have large fanbases that are bigger than the fanbases of some smaller clubs in their entirety.

In fact this is true with top sportsmen in almost any sport. I bet you a ton of fans will no longer be fans of Mercedes, when Hamilton leave or retires.. When LeBron left Cleveland.. some fans would have gone with him etc..

And in Son's case, he is the best and most marketable asian player in the world. 'Asia' has a population of about 60% of the world. So it is only natural that he will have some fans that will move along with him, if he were to move clubs. But yes.. they are not true Spurs supporters, unless they continue to support Spurs after he leaves or retires etc..

Last edited:
You need sectioning. I'm being fucking serious.
Haha Kane fanboys get so triggered
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I just find it ridiculous how many nutters suddenly make out he's not the player he is after he upset a lot of people recently.
Unfortunately for the fanbois, the market has spoken. 75 million + add ons is Kane's highest value and likely to be less next season. Less than Grealish and Lukaku. Little to no interest for our 'main man' unfortunately. It's a bit sad how Kane made himself publicly available and still no one came to get him. Look at how quickly the 'big teams' aggressively went to get Grealish, Lukaku and even 37 year old Ronaldo. When it comes down to it, money talks.

The same Son who wouldn't have scored half the goals he did last season if it wasn't for Harry. Absolute simpletons.
So you claim you're a Spurs fan and not a Kane fanboi but you use Son to make your case/point about how Kane is world class while making disparaging remarks about our best/most important and most loyal player at every chance. Yeah, you're definitely a fanboi lol

That is true with almost any top top player, and is not something specific to Son. The top top players can have large fanbases that are bigger than the fanbases of some smaller clubs in their entirety.

In fact this is true with top sportsmen in almost any sport. I bet you a ton of fans will no longer be fans of Mercedes, when Hamilton leave or retires.. When LeBron left Cleveland.. some fans would have gone with him etc..

And in Son's case, he is the best and most marketable asian player in the world. 'Asia' has a population of about 60% of the world. So it is only natural that he will have some fans that will move along with him, if he were to move clubs. But yes.. they are not true Spurs supporters, unless they continue to support Spurs after he leaves or retires etc..
Lets be honest, there are a lot of Son fanboys (mostly Korean) and they are absolutely ruthless. I have personally been abused by many in this forum and on other social media outlets.

But I find it funny how some with blinders on like Airfixx Airfixx are like "KaNe FaNbOis DoN't ExIsTtTtT!!"

Objectively speaking, there are probably more Kane fanboys than fanboys of any other Spur combined

Last edited:
Lets be honest, there are a lot of Son fanboys (mostly Korean) and they are absolutely ruthless. I have personally been abused by many in this forum and on other social media outlets.

But I find it funny how some with blinders on like Airfixx Airfixx are like "KaNe FaNbOis DoN't ExIsTtTtT!!"

Objectively speaking, there are probably more Kane fanboys than fanboys of any other Spur combined
Please mark me down as both a Son and Kane fanboy

But yes.. they are not true Spurs supporters, unless they continue to support Spurs after he leaves or retires etc..

Which the vast majority won't. That's all well and good, but it does my tits in when they have a strong opinion on things at the club despite not actually being a true supporter in any sense of the word.

Many of them don't seem to like Kane too much either, either now or before. They want Tottenham to be Son FC basically. Mugs.

Which the vast majority won't. That's all well and good, but it does my tits in when they have a strong opinion on things at the club despite not actually being a true supporter in any sense of the word.

Many of them don't seem to like Kane too much either, either now or before. They want Tottenham to be Son FC basically. Mugs.
What?

Kane was loved unconditionally until he wanted out.

Didn't show up for training.....tried to force his way out and missed preseason / practice and early games because of it.

The fact that he has been a no show since coming back deserves criticism. If he start balling again then the praise will follow.

Seems like your the salty one when Son plays well.

What?

Kane was loved unconditionally until he wanted out.

Didn't show up for training.....tried to force his way out and missed preseason / practice and early games because of it.

The fact that he has been a no show since coming back deserves criticism. If he start balling again then the praise will follow.

Seems like your the salty one when Son plays well.

How am I salty when Son plays well? Give me one example, numb nuts?

And although Kane is clearly out of form, you'd have to be a right numpty to think that the team and performances aren't playing a huge part in that.

How am I salty when Son plays well? Give me one example, numb nuts?

And although Kane is clearly out of form, you'd have to be a right numpty to think that the team and performances aren't playing a huge part in that.
If you rate him as "World Class" he needs to do better. I never said he has to win everything for us but he DOES have to perform especially against weaker teams.

Back
Top Bottom