Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you put a lot of time and effort into that post all I can say is bless you because it didn't come close to answering my question, I asked for a source, all I got was a lot of conjecture and half truths based on some twisted narratives and fantasies.

I'll be honest I think I stand in the middle of the debate of where I stand with ENIC (if there is such a thing) but I do find it funny that people constantly froth at the mouth and partake in one-upmanship all day on a forum but each to their own. :sneaky:

Ah so you're one of those. I replied in good faith when you claimed to be naïve but instead you were looking for an in and you couldn't find one.

I suspect you are one of those who buys the odd shirt from sports direct, watches on a shonky stream and as such has no skin in the game. No one who actually goes feel like they are getting value for money. In fact most who I spoke to who go prefer the old ground.

We have consistently spurned opportunity to build a squad to challenge for honours hence why we have one trophy in 20 years.

In that time, the boys have spent less than £100m of their own money to buy an asset that is worth more than a billion.

How have they done that? They have a captive audience of loyal fans willing to put money into the club. Levy has proven he's not interested in winning things through his actions and is content to keep us in the prem and use the money to pay off the loans on the various property ventures and to cream events like boxing and NFL off the skeleton of this once great club.

These are irrefutable facts, not spin or conjecture. The narrative is as plain as the nose on your face.

If you chose not to see it, your problem not mine.

Doing a good job, hopefully they stay on 💪

I'll be honest I think I stand in the middle of the debate of where I stand with ENIC

Sounds like you're right on the fence there Shandy.

season 3 dance GIF by Portlandia

£40m for Harry Winks...

Haggle for months with Bologna about the Japanese lad over fuck knows how little...

:levyeyes:
A big part of our problems in a nutshell, ask absurd money for average players who aren't needed, cant sell, cant bring in replacements as we don't have room in the squad. Rinse and repeat. So we're left with a boring, stale average squad. We only saw some leave this summer as it was the last year of their contract (Sissoko, Aurier, Lamela) or age (Toby).

Ah so you're one of those. I replied in good faith when you claimed to be naïve but instead you were looking for an in and you couldn't find one.

I suspect you are one of those who buys the odd shirt from sports direct, watches on a shonky stream and as such has no skin in the game. No one who actually goes feel like they are getting value for money. In fact most who I spoke to who go prefer the old ground.

We have consistently spurned opportunity to build a squad to challenge for honours hence why we have one trophy in 20 years.

In that time, the boys have spent less than £100m of their own money to buy an asset that is worth more than a billion.

How have they done that? They have a captive audience of loyal fans willing to put money into the club. Levy has proven he's not interested in winning things through his actions and is content to keep us in the prem and use the money to pay off the loans on the various property ventures and to cream events like boxing and NFL off the skeleton of this once great club.

These are irrefutable facts, not spin or conjecture. The narrative is as plain as the nose on your face.

If you chose not to see it, your problem not mine.

They haven‘t spent anywhere near to a 100 million of their own money.

it’s closer to 27m.

And that has been more than paid back in Teflon Dan’s ( I used this term first ) wages and dividends. And then some.

They haven’t put a bean of their own money in. But they now value their asset at around 4 billion pounds. All borrowed on the strength of the mugs that keep paying money to Enic.

If they did sell it would be for 2 billion pounds but it wouldn’t include the property portfolio they have built on the back of borrowing in the clubs name. It would just be Tottenham Hotspur FC. And that 2 billion wouldn’t include the debt either. So add on another 900m. No one is coming in at that. Best we can do is stop spending money till they go away or they start to spend money.

For the life of me I can’t see why folks still fall for the lies. Conte was in the frame as manager until the season ticket deadline then 2 days later he was told the real plan and very quickly told the bald cunt to fuck off and made it publicly known Levy had wasted his time. Even Gattuso felt the need to say he was lied to. Gattuso ffs.

We end up with the manger no one wanted on a caretakers contract who is clearly out of his depth.

Season after season this happens. Poch would still be here if Levy had a clue. But he hasn’t.

Keep paying suckers.

Last edited:
It makes me laugh that half of the people on here consider the Champions Final team to be “Poch’s team” but the shit we sign before, during or after to all be Levy / ENIC’s team.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Has anyone actually said that ?

Anyways , I’m not sure why but it feels different this time . More people are sick & tired of the bullshit & can see through it . We all know the story , manager fails to achieve , gets the heave ho but I think this time we won’t be looking at the scapegoat but our maladroit leader

Our recruitment has been terrible for quite a few years now in any other business they would have been dismissed .I certainly blame Levy on some of the deals but we still should have got a better return on the money we have spent . A lot of the players are just either not good enough or not suitable for us but our scouts can't seem to spot that really terrible job they have done .

now in any other business they would have been dismissed .
Not at all, Levy and the board have been raking in the profits and have built a multi-decade revenue stream with the stadium. In any other business they'd be getting rounds of applause at the AGMs.

The crux of all our frustrations is that the club's being run like any other business, not a title seeking football club.

Not at all, Levy and the board have been raking in the profits and have built a multi-decade revenue stream with the stadium. In any other business they'd be getting rounds of applause at the AGMs.

The crux of all our frustrations is that the club's being run like any other business.
The problem is we have a shit egotistical business man at the top funded by a captive audience who cares more about his capital asset portfolio than the team.

Just an example: he baulked over £27m rather than £25m for grealish a year or two ago(?) who just got sold for his £100m release clause. We just spent £25m on Emerson who was bought for £8m a year or two ago(?) when we were reportedly after the Japanese fella all summer.

Another example, ndombele our record signing and one of our top earners doesn't want to play for the club.

Just another example, naming rights for the stadium. One of the best stadiums in the world that no one wants to put their name to? How long has it been?

I could go on but I'm just about to jump in the shower and don't want to risk slitting my wrists when I'm in there.

Let's be honest, if levy could sell the club and keep the stadium to hire out to thfc and the NFL etc he'd jump at it.

'anchor tenants'

£80 to watch this team play villa

Our manager was 8th choice

The crux of all our frustrations is that the club's being run like any other business, not a title seeking football club.

He overspent by 50% on the stadium and then paid himself a £3m bonus. If there was an AGM an old lady would be going at him with her handbag and rightly so.

Back
Top Bottom