Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What about recent history e.g.last two or so years which is the only really relevant datapoint with regards to Sunday?
Although it bears out my fears, I don't think the recent history is any indicator. We appear to be MILES behind them this year....

22 Dec 2019Tottenham Hotspur v ChelseaL0-2Premier League
22 Feb 2020Chelsea v Tottenham HotspurL2-1Premier League
29 Nov 2020Chelsea v Tottenham HotspurD0-0Premier League
04 Feb 2021Tottenham Hotspur v ChelseaL0-1Premier League

Although it bears out my fears, I don't think the recent history is any indicator. We appear to be MILES behind them this year....

22 Dec 2019Tottenham Hotspur v ChelseaL0-2Premier League
22 Feb 2020Chelsea v Tottenham HotspurL2-1Premier League
29 Nov 2020Chelsea v Tottenham HotspurD0-0Premier League
04 Feb 2021Tottenham Hotspur v ChelseaL0-1Premier League
Why is it not an indicator? Players are largely the same on both sides. We have been massively outplayed in those four games from what I remember

Why is it not an indicator? Players are largely the same on both sides. We have been massively outplayed in those four games from what I remember
Just feels like we've gone backwards at a decent lick and they have carried on keeping up the levels or improving.

I've not felt this defeatest going into a game against them for ...... ever maybe.

Just feels like we've gone backwards at a decent lick and they have carried on keeping up the levels or improving.

I've not felt this defeatest going into a game against them for ...... ever maybe.
Quite the achievement from Daniel when you consider how wide the gap was in the early Roman era

Read all the stats about how few times Spurs have beaten Chelsea, realize how bad the last two games have been, but this is football. The more talented team doesn't always win. In the opener that was the case and it is possible (even if not likely) it could happen again. In Kane and Son you have two players who can punish other team's mistakes. If one of them gets an early goal then Nuno can put them back in the defensive shell and get out with a point or three. Not giving up hope.

Read all the stats about how few times Spurs have beaten Chelsea, realize how bad the last two games have been, but this is football. The more talented team doesn't always win. In the opener that was the case and it is possible (even if not likely) it could happen again. In Kane and Son you have two players who can punish other team's mistakes. If one of them gets an early goal then Nuno can put them back in the defensive shell and get out with a point or three. Not giving up hope.
Of course, it’s football and will make a win even sweeter… that said, if we play this game ten times unlikely we would win one game, which helps frames the odds and explains the general apathy

It will be difficult but not impossible :llorishowudoin:.
Ndomius need to start .
michael jackson moonwalk GIF

Back
Top Bottom