Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are currently the best team in the country who will spank our arse as normal with their new striker having a field day against our two Bob defence.
The Russian has set the standard of ambition there compared to the level been set by Mr levy and friends.
There lies a dilemma we’ve had countless posts regarding City over the page plastic this, plastic that… as the chavs are! Yet we want success to achieve success then we’ve also be fantastic plastic….so whats it to be?

There lies a dilemma we’ve had countless posts regarding City over the page plastic this, plastic that… as the chavs are! Yet we want success to achieve success then we’ve also be fantastic plastic….so whats it to be?
Somewhere between the two would be nice….. if we scoured and spent like Leicester for example (according to our higher revenue)

No he can't. I was thinking more who in our squad has a bit of fire in them.
Okay sorry thought you meant regarding tomorrow somebody showing a bit of fight and having the balls to get stuck in. Yes he is definitely one who stands and fights, perhaps naive last week as it’s proved previously there are “smart” football players who will make the most of it I’d say cheat but hey ho…..

I want us to be successful if that means rival fan's label me plastic I can live with that.
Let's be clear here no billionaire or huge corporation are squeaky clean and yet many fans paint the picture that ENIC and levy are knights in shining armour they are not.

I want us to be successful if that means rival fan's label me plastic I can live with that.
Let's be clear here no billionaire or huge corporation are squeaky clean and yet many fans paint the picture that ENIC and levy are knights in shining armour they are not.
No they’re aren’t faultless not by any stretch…..

Think this sort of game will actually suit us if the city match is anything to go by. The two centre backs will need to be on top of their game if we're going to get anything out of it.

I did see that in the email sent out about access to the stadium that it shouldn't be a problem.
I normally get up there early anyway so will try and get in first. If that fails I will then head for the Paxton ticket office.
Had a similar issue at the Watford game and got in ok
iPhone?

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere before but the digital pass on the iphone of ST holder sitting next me had not updated for today's match , he contacted ticket office, they said go into apple wallet settings turn off automatic update and turn back on again and pass should update. Apparently if your phone is turned off or somehow not receiving when updates are sent out the update just doesn't get received and waits somewhere in the digital universe. Seemed to work for him do not know if also applies to Gpay on android.

Why, why for some reason do I think we'll beat the Chavs.

Then lose the next two after them.
I try to be as positive as possible on this forum as there seems to be enough worryworts and negative Nancy’s to fill half the stadiums in the country but looking at our current form v Chelsea‘s I have significant concern we will get hammered.

I try to be as positive as possible on this forum as there seems to be enough worryworts and negative Nancy’s to fill half the stadiums in the country but looking at our current form v Chelsea‘s I have significant concern we will get hammered.
That's why I get the feeling we'll get a result.

Could be a hangover though

Who wants the random internet users dream prediction for this one? No one? Tough.

I very rarely remember my dreams, and don't think I've ever remembered a Spurs one. All I can recall is the score being 1-1, the ball gets swung into city's box and headed toward goal in a packed area. It hits a city player and there are big appeals for a handball. I'm shouting even though I don't see it anywhere near an arm.

Ref points to the spot. Harry steps up and smashes it mid height to the keepers right. For a moment I think he's missed then see it in the back of the net. The cheering woke me up so no idea what the final outcome was.

Latest team news - what a fucking joke this club is - 500 words to say absolutely nothing and waste everyone’s time

Spurs v Chelsea - team news​

Sat 18 September 2021, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur

Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero and Davinson Sanchez may come into the frame for Sunday’s Premier League clash against Chelsea (4.30pm).
The South American trio have been isolating and training in Croatia after playing in World Cup qualifiers for Argentina and Colombia respectively during the last international break.
They have missed our last two games against Palace and Stade Rennais, and Nuno Espirito Santo explained: “They arrive on Saturday, we have a training session in the afternoon, and if they are available and fit... we have to assess them properly and if they are an option, we must consider them, yes. We anticipate the situation to be able to join all the group together in the afternoon."
Eric Dier, Heung-Min Son and Ryan Sessegnonalso missed out in France due to injury. Asked about their fitness before Thursday’s match at Rennes, Nuno said: “They are improving, day by day they are better, but alongside the South American players, we still have to assess them.”
Unfortunately, we then lost Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura to injury during the match against Stade Rennais, and Nuno reported afterwards at Roazhon Park that it was too early to assess them in terms of being available to face Chelsea.
Japhet Tanganga will also miss out on Sunday as he serves a suspension following his sending off at Palace last weekend.

Who wants the random internet users dream prediction for this one? No one? Tough.

I very rarely remember my dreams, and don't think I've ever remembered a Spurs one. All I can recall is the score being 1-1, the ball gets swung into city's box and headed toward goal in a packed area. It hits a city player and there are big appeals for a handball. I'm shouting even though I don't see it anywhere near an arm.

Ref points to the spot. Harry steps up and smashes it mid height to the keepers right. For a moment I think he's missed then see it in the back of the net. The cheering woke me up so no idea what the final outcome was.
I had that dream too. Turned out it was Chelsea and they thrashed us 6-2.

Nightmare.

I don't wish to be run by anyone with blood and/or oppression on their hands.

That has nothing to do with thinking "ENIC and levy are knights in shining armour" (or any other such disingenuous insinuation that some are continually happy to make!).

There are simply lines I don't want to see crossed; no matter if it would buy us a trophy or two..

Last edited:

Evidently at some point Man City will invade the proceedings......

This could well make for an intriguing encounter. :)

Back
Top Bottom