Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Latest team news - what a fucking joke this club is - 500 words to say absolutely nothing and waste everyone’s time

Spurs v Chelsea - team news​

Sat 18 September 2021, 09:00|Tottenham Hotspur

Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero and Davinson Sanchez may come into the frame for Sunday’s Premier League clash against Chelsea (4.30pm).
The South American trio have been isolating and training in Croatia after playing in World Cup qualifiers for Argentina and Colombia respectively during the last international break.
They have missed our last two games against Palace and Stade Rennais, and Nuno Espirito Santo explained: “They arrive on Saturday, we have a training session in the afternoon, and if they are available and fit... we have to assess them properly and if they are an option, we must consider them, yes. We anticipate the situation to be able to join all the group together in the afternoon."
Eric Dier, Heung-Min Son and Ryan Sessegnonalso missed out in France due to injury. Asked about their fitness before Thursday’s match at Rennes, Nuno said: “They are improving, day by day they are better, but alongside the South American players, we still have to assess them.”
Unfortunately, we then lost Steven Bergwijn and Lucas Moura to injury during the match against Stade Rennais, and Nuno reported afterwards at Roazhon Park that it was too early to assess them in terms of being available to face Chelsea.
Japhet Tanganga will also miss out on Sunday as he serves a suspension following his sending off at Palace last weekend.

iPhone?

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere before but the digital pass on the iphone of ST holder sitting next me had not updated for today's match , he contacted ticket office, they said go into apple wallet settings turn off automatic update and turn back on again and pass should update. Apparently if your phone is turned off or somehow not receiving when updates are sent out the update just doesn't get received and waits somewhere in the digital universe. Seemed to work for him do not know if also applies to Gpay on android.
No, Android.
Have done everything mentioned on the Spurs site but no Cigar.
Not too worried but its a bit of a ball ache having that thought in the back of your mind when waiting to get into the stadium.

Looks like everyone available apart from Moura, Bergwijn and Sessegnon.

A much better scenario

Lucas back too would have been a massive relief as we would likely not have fielded a shitty diamond again...... I really hope we see Son/Kane/Gill but I fear Nuno won't trust Bryan yet.

Pls prove me wrong, Gaffa. :avbpray:

Given how the chavs generally pass teams to death we'll need to be constantly tracking runners and blocking passing lanes..... Doesn't sound like a job for Ndombele does it. :(

Players like Mount, Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho will run him ragged.

Lucas back too would have been a massive relief as we would likely not have fielded a shitty diamond again...... I really hope we see Son/Kane/Gill but I fear Nuno won't trust Bryan yet.

Pls prove me wrong, Gaffa. :avbpray:

If Moura is not fit, Nuno's other option is to play Lo Celso aa an AM/winger

If Moura is not fit, Nuno's other option is to play Lo Celso aa an AM/winger

Assuming they play 343; I'm starting to think 352 is our best bet.

Extra man in the middle and go man for man with their WBs.

Hugo
Dier / Rom / Dav
Emerson / Gio / Skipp / PEH / Reg
Kane / Son​

Murderers' goals shouldn't count.

I got banned from The Guardian's comments section for this observation, I'm always glad to wheel it out and give it another airing

:sonlol:
You were banned not for the comment, but for your use of good grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Something The Grauniad don't abide by. Kind of silly for a national newspaper don't ya think.

Last edited:
Assuming they play 343; I'm starting to think 352 is our best bet.

Extra man in the middle and go man for man with their WBs.

Hugo
Dier / Rom / Dav
Emerson / Gio / Skipp / PEH / Reg
Kane / Son​

Probably makes best use of our fit players.

Can't see Ndomblete starting this, just not athletic enough. Lo Celso should be able to supply a lot of energy chasing down the opposition and creativity when in possession., whilst Emerson and Reguilon should supply creativity from wings

Probably makes best use of our fit players.

Can't see Ndomblete starting this, just not athletic enough. Lo Celso should be able to supply a lot of energy chasing down the opposition and creativity when in possession., whilst Emerson and Reguilon should supply creativity from wings

Yeh made this observation above..... This match just comes too soon after his sabbatical.

Presumably we can get him on the ball a bit more against Woolwich and give him the start there.

Back
Top Bottom