Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Son is fit and Sanchez/Dier play as well as the first three games we can possibly win this. I would love to see Tanguy also. My wrong guess is:

Lloris
Sanchez- Romero-Dier
Emerson Reguilon
Hojberg - LoCelso
Dele
Kane-Son

Swap Dele for Gil or NDombele and it looks potentially good.

I can't believe we're seeing suggestions that Scarlett should/could start (in Son's absence) against the likes of Rudiger and Silva. Is there a joke I'm missing?

I'm not quite as fearful of this as I should be. Obviously the likely outcome is that we lose to the better team, but Nuno teams generally fare pretty well against the top sides. We'll keep it right, and hopefully Son is fit to give us some chance of scoring.

I can't believe we're seeing suggestions that Scarlett should/could start (in Son's absence) against the likes of Rudiger and Silva. Is there a joke I'm missing?

I'm not quite as fearful of this as I should be. Obviously the likely outcome is that we lose to the better team, but Nuno teams generally fare pretty well against the top sides. We'll keep it right, and hopefully Son is fit to give us some chance of scoring.
It is delusional. The kid is barely ready to play ECL football now they want to play him against the current Champions league winners. Bizarre the straws that people will clutch onto when they are desperate.

Lloris
Emerson Sanchez Romero Rodon Reg
Dele Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Son Kane

Might get fucked in midfield because its light with Dele and Ndombele but we need some attacking threat ourselves and they can offer that.

Pretty much only job Hojbjerg has is to stop the ball getting into Lukaku.

2hWntp4.png

Subs: Gollini, Davies, Doherty, Rodon, Winks, Lo Celso, Bryan, Son, Scarlett

Can see beardo trying to prove a point and putting Kane on the bench and to mirror the fluid front 3 he picked vs City…..

the outcome will be a beating and swift sacking, reminiscent of when Gullit dropped Shearer

Lets go for it, PEH, Dele (because he might spring up with the odd goal), Ndombele, Gill should all play, At least give Chelsea something to think about.

Lets go for it, PEH, Dele (because he might spring up with the odd goal), Ndombele, Gill should all play, At least give Chelsea something to think about.
Why would PEH give them something to think about? In this sort of game, he reverts to pointing and booting the ball back to our centre backs or worse still, Lloris. I would start him but have him charging about the middle third, not taking the ball from deep, that’s Skipp

completely agree on the other three, should happen if Lucas and Berg are out assuming Son doesn’t start

Why would PEH give them something to think about? In this sort of game, he reverts to pointing and booting the ball back to our centre backs or worse still, Lloris.

I would start him but have him charging about the middle third, not taking the ball from deep,

completely agree on the other three, should happen if Lucas and Berg are out
I'm not talking about PEH, I'm talking about the other 3, I've grown to love PEH, why? Because of his attitude he tries hard every game. If only Ndomble or Dele had his attitude.

I'm not talking about PEH, I'm talking about the other 3, I've grown to love PEH, why? Because of his attitude he tries hard every game. If only Ndomble or Dele had his attitude.
Gotcha, agree re attitude. I just think he has a tendency to take the (very) easy option when pressured. A better coach would push him to try a bit more…. It’s in his locker

Back
Top Bottom