Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On paper we should be getting pumped but I wouldn't be completely surprised if we see another City-type performance, especially if the 3 South Americans are thrown back in.

Won't be watching which helps ease the pain!

I think if we get the underdog mentality and the crowd support we can rattle Chelsea.
I'd assume from their POV it's not going to be a doddle.

I agree with those that say use a back 3 for this match, if we can get Royal and Reggie on the attack, I think that's out best bet, But not to have 3 DMF, I'd play Ndombele for at least half the match, with PEH & GLC, then make substitutions depending on events.

One of our main problems has been getting service to Kane.

y4m3ugvCJytmUkxA9NzeaoQQNYhEwvyjBAhWYuP9zo5pz7PM1YZwCF2hDp6WcAzgNfD1ZZJChTA1DKGdWoUSr2HvZ_e_HL8k8bLdGyQHCohwZ2SP7RgLYi_NCKKY98sLoskXzp5TP_LK2blznGkQ_3vGmDr_KDUGNiMcSgMFzHk2gdwRZg94lIstqNcHgS7L4ss

I can't believe we're seeing suggestions that Scarlett should/could start (in Son's absence) against the likes of Rudiger and Silva. Is there a joke I'm missing?

I'm not quite as fearful of this as I should be. Obviously the likely outcome is that we lose to the better team, but Nuno teams generally fare pretty well against the top sides. We'll keep it right, and hopefully Son is fit to give us some chance of scoring.
Rudiger would pick his teeth with Scarlett.

Barring a last 20min collapse last week against Palace with 10men we have looked defensively solid.

My biggest fear is the players that are gonna be available. I genuinely have no idea who's available and who's not. Lots of rumours.

Are you really asking why a manager would select good players instead of shit ones? He wanted to beat Rennes so he played his good players.

Let‘s just pray that Skipp and PEH came through the match OK and we won’t see Winks today.

No I am asking why a manager would risk injury to key players in a thin squad for a game which doesn’t really mean much. Especially when one player was already carrying an injury.

We could have lost that game and still easily won the group. There is no need to risk injury to PEH and Skipp.

Back
Top Bottom