Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven’t asked a single question of the chavs second half. It’s like we’re playing with ten men.

Not a fucking idea in sight of how we can get back into the game. They’ve beat us at a fuckin stroll.

Shite.

Not criticising Nuno here as it’s not his fault he has this job, but how long does Nuno last?
Halloween?
Christmas?
FA Cup 3rd round defeat?
March when all is lost?
All season?

I have a feeling this one will be over quickly, every year the resentment towards Levy grows, and he doesn’t like that one little bit.

So considering Nuno earned about 0% of Spurs fans first choice manager votes Levy will know it’s on him…..I’d hedge my bets on Halloween or sooner, as the Boss will need a fall guy before the fans circle his office….

This game here was simply a case of them sparring with us for 45mins and then going fully Rocky Balboa on us when the music started…..
Xmas

Not criticising Nuno here as it’s not his fault he has this job, but how long does Nuno last?
Halloween?
Christmas?
FA Cup 3rd round defeat?
March when all is lost?
All season?

I have a feeling this one will be over quickly, every year the resentment towards Levy grows, and he doesn’t like that one little bit.

So considering Nuno earned about 0% of Spurs fans first choice manager votes Levy will know it’s on him…..I’d hedge my bets on Halloween or sooner, as the Boss will need a fall guy before the fans circle his office….

This game here was simply a case of them sparring with us for 45mins and then going fully Rocky Balboa on us when the music started…..
He'll last the season, we will finish somewhere between 6th-9th. The top 4 are going to be 20 odd points above everyone else, this league is broken.

Don't think any other manager is going to get more out of this group of players, you can't put lipstick on a pig

I agree that some people can go over the top but by the same token for some reason you use him as a scapegoat for the deficiencies of everyone else. Sometimes it’s hard to tell that you support the team such is your hatred for one of our players

I don't hate Ndombele. I hate his attitude. I hate that he clearly thinks he's above us and that he's better than he actually is. I hate that some people think he's some kind of saviour if only we play him. I've not once said he shouldn't be making our starting 11 as long as his attitude is right.

Really, really good half from us!!!

Very positive, moving the ball well, so few chances in final third chavs are defending well but we have them largely pinned in and they’ve been last ditched at times. Our pressing has also been great.

Special mentions for both Ndombele and Dele, chavs can’t handle them, they are taking up some great positions and have created some lovely moments. Both also winning turnovers too not giving Chavs any time.

My only concern is having played Thursday and having put a lot into that half, Chavs have a fucking strong bench they can use to change this up. Havertz is the one player we’ve failed to deal with, he’s dropping into the 10 pocket and moving it well.

We have to continue with this approach though, when chavs have got on the ball they have looked dangerous, moving the ball through midfield. So, deny them the ball. Like how aggressive we’ve been on Jorginho, we’ve not given him a second.

But this more fucking like it!!!!!!!
Do hope we build on that first 45. Just need to get that sort of lineup playing together regularly.

Back
Top Bottom