Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We actually look GOOD with NDombele playing up to his ability. Problem is, he can only go for 45 - 60 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK
Yeah that's kinda been his problem for the last 2 years....
Excited Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Said it all bloody summer, this squad needs a scorched earth rebuild including Kane being sold and we tinkered around the edges. As for Nuno, just not seeing him as a Tottenham manager, although he sums up ENIC nicely, cheap, mediocre and available for no fee. The buck stops with Levy. Not acceptable.

:kanehand:. Not a lot to choose from is there. Also good ones like conte see through levy’s/enic limitations so stay away. So probably a young up & coming manager still our best bet.
I reckon a lot of managers in the game are seeing through Levy's/ ENIC nonsense hence why Potter, Rogers and other managers don't want to come here.

Always look at the performance, we were easily the best side in first half.

My fear from the first half was we’d blow ourselves out, especially playing in Europe on Thursday. They were ruthless with the first goal and lucky with their 2nd. They are European champions and I make them, as most have done the best team in the country.

This I think is our best 11 but it’s NEVER played together once.

But I’m going to checkout of hear now and let the loons point the fingers at all the players they have a predisposed hatred for.
We were very good for 30 minutes then it got a bit muddled the last 15 in the first half. Kante was huge for Chelsea, obviously, but I don't think putting a more defensive lineup out there would have been better given how desperately poor we were the last 30 minutes.

In reality, what Nuno did today, against one of the best squads in Europe, is what we've been needing to do for the last 2 years. Injuries probably forced it a bit, but we need to look on how to build on that first half.

It really doesn’t matter who the manager is, although I’m not sure why anybody would think that a manager that had been sacked by Wolves would be the right man to turn us around, it will inevitably end the same way…they will end up being sacked. Until Enic & Levy sell up, nothing will change. We have a squad full of average & below average players & until there is a huge clear out & some decent players are brought in, nothing will change. That will cost some serious money & it just won’t happen with Levy & Enic running the show. We end up spending money on average players & then wonder why things don’t improve.

I just can’t see why any different manager would have us playing any different . We have a mismatch of very average players . This is down to 3 years of poor recruitment. This is going to take a long while to sort out .
This is going to be hard viewing until next summer

Always look at the performance, we were easily the best side in first half.

My fear from the first half was we’d blow ourselves out, especially playing in Europe on Thursday. They were ruthless with the first goal and lucky with their 2nd. They are European champions and I make them, as most have done the best team in the country.

This I think is our best 11 but it’s NEVER played together once.

But I’m going to checkout of hear now and let the loons point the fingers at all the players they have a predisposed hatred for.

No chance that this was our best 11. Emerson Royal was nowhere all game long. Alonso looked absolutely world class, and that was because every time he received the ball, there was no one within 20 yards of him. GLC did nothing but pass the ball sideways (well, he had a few turnovers too). For a guy who was supposed to be Eriksen's replacement, he is not creative at all (except against minnows in European competition). He never even looked to play the ball forward...head down, pass it to the man next to you. For me, Skipp and Tanganga belong in the first 11, and GLC and Emerson Royal should be nowhere near it. Maybe Royal comes good at some point; I've seen way too much of GLC.

My view from the stadium. That was as “game of 2 halves” as I’ve ever seen. Actually it was a game of 38 minutes and another one of 52 minutes. We shut down and never restarted.

Was there any insight from the TV as to why Nuno apparently wasted his last substitution?

Back
Top Bottom