Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've criticised him a lot, especially his pathetic attitude where he thinks he's better than Spurs.

However, his footballing ability is brilliant, and he did play well today. Thought your criticisms were overly harsh, especially when there's many others to blame.

He played well for 25 minutes. Half an hour at best. Then he was literally a corpse on the pitch. Completely went missing. How many times do we see exactly this when he does start games? But people get excited time and time again because he does one or two nice things in the first half of games. And then it's "Oh,, he can be world-class if he just...". It's bollocks.

I feel really dejected. There’s no passion in this club. We are a plastic club at the moment. The board only cares for facilities and such. The football team is secondary.

Plastic club? No passion?. Clearly you weren’t at the game today amongst the 40 thousand fans who all live and breath our great club.

Dig out the board all you want but you don't you fucking dare call my club plastic or say we have no passion when you you have no reality over what us match day going fans are experiencing.

He'll last the season, we will finish somewhere between 6th-9th. The top 4 are going to be 20 odd points above everyone else, this league is broken.

Don't think any other manager is going to get more out of this group of players, you can't put lipstick on a pig
The league isn’t necessarily broken, and you are correct about the manager, we could put Pep, Klopp or even Tuchel in the job and they wouldn’t achieve anything better than what we have achieved the past 20 years…..

Change required, but not just the manager….

We need an overhaul. Starting with the head. Levy & Lewis Property Developers LTD need to get the fuck out. We are so far off a club (Chelsea) that we were so far ahead of three seasons ago.

His failure to bring in an elite manager to replace Jose proves that he does not give a flying fuck about on field success.

We could have had Conte. We ended up with a Portuguese PE teacher. Why? Because Levy is not prepared to invest what is necessary to turn us into winners. We will ALWAYS be a loser club under Levy’s reign.

Actually some real positives in the first half. It's really difficult to take because it was a loss against those fuckers, but they are in a great place with an absurdly pricey squad and we're very much a team in transition with a caretaker manager.

Seen it before. Will see it again. As will Chelsea. That is the way of things, The way of football.

Chelsea have players who want to play for their club and with a manager who they believe in and with players who are still getting better.

We are nearly the complete opposite.

The real comparison for our level is next week.

Those who understand football and who are realistic understand that. The fantasists and those who simply think hope or being optimistic will overcome our ineptitude are kidding themselves.

And it's clear we need to sell Kane and 3 or 4 others because they have lost or never had the Spurs fire they need.

A long way back to the top table. A long way but not necessarily a long time.
We are a mid table side now our days of top four has gone, poor recruitment, decisions and poor backing from the top have finished us.

Ah don't forget We've got an eco friendly stadium and bicycles, fancy bus and o yes don't forget an allotment and a bee hotel and honey . What's not to love. Souness and co are loving this
At this rate we could get sponsored by Extinction Rebellion.

Actually some real positives in the first half. It's really difficult to take because it was a loss against those fuckers, but they are in a great place with an absurdly pricey squad and we're very much a team in transition with a caretaker manager.

Seen it before. Will see it again. As will Chelsea. That is the way of things, The way of football.

You seriously are fucking nuts.

Don't disagree but he no choice but to bring them off, they were both blowing bubbles out of their arse and absolutely knackered. Squad is paper fucking thin because Levy thought we could get by with Bryan Gil as our only attacking signing.
I don't think Nuno was necessarily wrong for that reason. Romero looked to be a fitness sub as well.

I don't know how fit any of Lo Celso, Sanchez or Romero were after they galivanted across the globe. Ndombele wasn't used prior to the transfer window closing because he asked to leave, fair enough, but it also means he's still building up match fitness after not playing for 5 months. If there is one thing Nuno is reportedly very good at it's load management and sports science, so I trust his judgement in that regard.

But if we can't create anything without them it's an issue. It means that either we have a system that only works when we have some combination of those players on the pitch, or we don't have a defined enough plan to move the ball forward, so players with less technical ability aren't able to make up the gap. I'm assuming that the City match was a complete aberration at this point.

I would be surprised if they both don't start against Woolwich, especially if Bergwijn/Lucas are still unavailable. I don't know how Nuno can look at Palace and the last 30 minutes today and think otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom