Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The diamond we played today is the right direction I think we need, probably better to have Skipp today and lose alli or Lo Celso but it was a risk either way.

Nuno for me isn't doing anything particularly wrong, he's just not had the easiest start with injuries etc. Kane has also seemingly dropped off completely and is becoming a passenger more than help these last few games in the league.

When Ndombele and Lo Celso were subbed, it was correct again from Nuno. Both men were sitting out on the right wing, 2 centre mids, not showing for the CBs. We literally had 4 CMs on the pitch and for large parts of 2nd half you couldn't see any in the middle. It was truly bad if anyone watches the 5 mins before them two go off then the 5 after they go how Skipp becomes the anchor to show for the CBs.

Today we played the likely 1st or 2nd for the league. They're better than us so the defeat isn't shocking it's just how bad we became in the 2nd half. Totally pressed in our own half and rarely got it up the pitch.

Our best team is close to or what we had on the pitch today. We have to commit to this now and hope a consistent run will let the team start to click.

Worrying times for us, we're just so so underwhelming way too often. Nuno does need time to see what his best delivers but I doubt he will get much.

No chance that this was our best 11. Emerson Royal was nowhere all game long. Alonso looked absolutely world class, and that was because every time he received the ball, there was no one within 20 yards of him. GLC did nothing but pass the ball sideways (well, he had a few turnovers too). For a guy who was supposed to be Eriksen's replacement, he is not creative at all (except against minnows in European competition). He never even looked to play the ball forward...head down, pass it to the man next to you. For me, Skipp and Tanganga belong in the first 11, and GLC and Emerson Royal should be nowhere near it. Maybe Royal comes good at some point; I've seen way too much of GLC.

Generally agree. I’d rather see Skip than GLC, GLC replacing Ndom as CAM late on, and Dele starting for the B team if at all.

Weird that Tanganga had a breakout game against the 100m man at RB and then we don’t give him a run of games there. He looks much better than Royal so far at RB imo. I wish we’d done something else with the Royal money- not especially impressed so far.

Chelsea had way too much space. It was embarrassing letting Alonso and the rest of their scummy crew look good in our house.

Ah you mean the Chelsea before they got Tuchel in and then spent another 200 million? And addressed there biggest weakness

And we are shit because we have ran the old squad we had into the ground and every player that's left has been replaced with someone who isn't as good for years

This mess goes deeper then management and personal we have been criminally under invested in for years now compared to those above us and even clubs like Villa and Leicester who will probs overtake us soon

Bar Kane who doesn't look bothered and Son it's a shit side so it's no wonder the European champions outplayed us, we missed our chance in the the season after we finished 2nd to Chelsea to take the next step instead we used the stadium delays as a reason to flog a horse until it died
I can stomach losing. I honestly can. We're not laying a glove on anyone though. We're lucky if we get out of our own half these days. But keep burying your head if it helps. Can I ask what's acceptable to you come Wednesday and then next Sunday though.

All because Conte had the nerve to want to bring in his own staff...

Heaven forbid we would have to part ways with our back room staff who have overseen such an outstanding run over the last few years. I'm sure our medical and fitness coaches are priceless assets.

:llorisunsure:

You don't really believe that part do you?

We were cool with him wanting 200m every summer, but have undying dedication a backroom staff that had only been in place since Poch's crew left?

Whoever leaked that idea to the media and whatever their agenda; it's so obviously bullshit.

Levy: "So what will it take.... We've just hired your mate as DOF btw."

Conte: "200 large every summer and we can dance"

Levy: "You sure we can't negotiate on that at all?"

Conte: "Did you not see how swiftly I got the fuck out of Chelski & Inter?"

Levy: "Ok.... Fair enough..... Enjoy the rest of your pizza, Tony"

Our two best players are on the wane. Son is still a great player but he's 30 next year. His best days are behind him whether you're brave enough to admit it or not. Kane has evolved as a player but clearly isn't the player he was for years when he was absolute dynamite in the box. We've seen the best of both of them. And Kane clearly would rather be anywhere else now, even if Son is more than happy to put up with such average dross for the remainder of his career.

Plastic club? No passion?. Clearly you weren’t at the game today amongst the 40 thousand fans who all live and breath our great club.

Dig out the board all you want but you don't you fucking dare call my club plastic or say we have no passion when you you have no reality over what us match day going fans are experiencing.
Mate I’m not digging the fans one bit. The fans are the best thing this club as.

Lampard was sacked in January and Touchel completely changed the team right away. I know the quality of our squad is still meh, but will replacing Nuno with a world class manager change our team right away? An honest question.
No

Tuecal went back to the tried and tested defenders
The ability level is way above our purchases
Royal and Reggie cannot defend

The answer must be to play 3-5-1-1. Flying full backs Rodon finally gets a game
Middle 3 of H, Skippy and Lo Celso, Harry and Son

Fatty and Gil as subs

How can you go from that first half to the second?
Basically, they took the sting out of us, we ran out of steam and then they punished us. Dele shouldn't play first team football again. His pathetic contribution to their first goal was just embarrassing.

Blaming Nuno and suggesting he should be sacked is just dumb. It will achieve f all. LOOK AT OUR SQUAD!! LOOK AT OUR ‘BEST’ STARTING 11. IT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

It isn't good enough to win the league, or probably get into the Champions League. But a lot of that is down to players who have no confidence; they were belittled by Mourinho, and Nuno has no idea what he's doing. Brighton and West Ham are miles better than we are this season. Do they have a starting 11 better than ours, in terms of talent? Of course not, but they have managers who know how to work with what they have, and get the best out of the players.

Back
Top Bottom