Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely agree with Keane and Souness.

Am sick of Ndombele(flat track bully he's good against who...norwich and Southampton) he was clearly crying to Nuno about wanting to come off.

Lo celso too.. hasn't offered nearly enough.

Dele too..wtf

Have a massive attitude problem within the club.

Lloris needs to slap a few heads

Kane ain't a leader. Always goes missing when the going gets tough.

We gave got to beat Woolwich after this !
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

It isn't good enough to win the league, or probably get into the Champions League. But a lot of that is down to players who have no confidence; they were belittled by Mourinho, and Nuno has no idea what he's doing. Brighton and West Ham are miles better than we are this season. Do they have a starting 11 better than ours, in terms of talent? Of course not, but they have managers who know how to work with what they have, and get the best out of the players.

No probably about it unless you're absolutely mental. This team and squad is nowhere near good enough for the top 4. "Probably".

What the fuck is wrong with some people here?

I feel like most people's expectations on this forum are unrealistic. It sucks losing to Chelsea but they are better than us and have more resources right now. They will probably win the title.

We are just getting to the part of the season where our first team can finally start playing together regularly.

I thought it was encouraging the way we set up and the first half performance. Second half was shit but this is to be expected from time to time (new manager/players). We are building!

Can we give the manager a chance? He's trying to figure it out and has been dealt a shit hand. The whole international thing and late appointment really hasn't given him a lot of time to make the squad his own. Let's give home another month or so before throwing him under the bus!

He played well for 25 minutes. Half an hour at best. Then he was literally a corpse on the pitch. Completely went missing. How many times do we see exactly this when he does start games? But people get excited time and time again because he does one or two nice things in the first half of games. And then it's "Oh,, he can be world-class if he just...". It's bollocks.mayeb
Blaming Nuno and suggesting he should be sacked is just dumb. It will achieve f all. LOOK AT OUR SQUAD!! LOOK AT OUR ‘BEST’ STARTING 11. IT ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.
our squad indeed is appalling.
How many of our players would actually start for Leicester.
Our players are average and most below average.
I need someone to actually show me what Dele is good at. Take out his flukes goals and I genuinely don’t know what he offers.
Our creative outlets are abysmal. Son can’t create, moura can’t, bergwijn cant, dele can’t, only Ndombele and Kane (who should be solely bothered about scoring) has that potential and it just goes to show where we are lacking.
Look at city literally everybody in the team can score and assist.
Liverpool’s entire midfield and attack have eyes for a pass and know what to do with a ball.
We don’t have that.
We need to play to the strengths of our players till we can get the ones we can work with.
We need to have an identity. We don’t.

We have to face it, these players are just not good enough. Never going to be. The midfield is just frighteningly bad, player for player. None of them would get near another top 6 team, not a single one.

Hojberg was fucking shocking today. Jogging back, pretending to track players, dreadful on the ball.

We already know Lo Celso and Ndombele aren't good enough. Same for Dele Alli.

Royal and Romero look like they could yet be good signings. Reguilon hasn't had a good game since the first couple of months he signed. He's lucky that he's competing with Davies for his position cos he's been shite for a long time. Can't defend.

Same shit as under Mourinho, whats the plan? How do we move the ball forward? I haven't got a fucking clue!

A serious question for those who know - Who has the money to take over the club from Levy/ENIC and assume the debt+splurge money like Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd for a big overhaul? Besos, American consortiums, Russian, Chinese, or Saudis? Levy out is one thing (which is a shared sentiment amongst everyone) but who can seriously invest money in this climate when most of the football clubs are losing money?

Our two best players are on the wane. Son is still a great player but he's 30 next year. His best days are behind him whether you're brave enough to admit it or not. Kane has evolved as a player but clearly isn't the player he was for years when he was absolute dynamite in the box. We've seen the best of both of them. And Kane clearly would rather be anywhere else now, even if Son is more than happy to put up with such average dross for the remainder of his career.

Son and Kane are potentially in their primes right now- if we use them and motivate them correctly. At the moment we are not. It’s unfortunate how much talent and treasure is being wasted.

I feel like most people's expectations on this forum are unrealistic. It sucks losing to Chelsea but they are better than us and have more resources right now. They will probably win the title.

We are just getting to the part of the season where our first team can finally start playing together regularly.

I thought it was encouraging the way we set up and the first half performance. Second half was shit but this is to be expected from time to time (new manager/players). We are building!

Can we give the manager a chance? He's trying to figure it out and has been dealt a shit hand. The whole international thing and late appointment really hasn't given him a lot of time to make the squad his own. Let's give home another month or so before throwing him under the bus!

Excuse after excuse.

Santo got sacked from Wolves, a team who finished below us, for a reason.

Can we stop accepting shit in the hope that one day it's going to magically smell better? This isn't fucking Hogwarts. Magic doesn't exist in the real world.

Fucking sick of this. Zzzzzz

If we can play like we did in the first half against the lesser teams we can win games. Whether we like it or not, Chavs have more money and more talent. (At least they SPEND more money). I refuse to judge this team because they did not win today. But.....if they play like they did against Palace, that is another matter.

The diamond we played today is the right direction I think we need, probably better to have Skipp today and lose alli or Lo Celso but it was a risk either way.

Nuno for me isn't doing anything particularly wrong, he's just not had the easiest start with injuries etc. Kane has also seemingly dropped off completely and is becoming a passenger more than help these last few games in the league.

When Ndombele and Lo Celso were subbed, it was correct again from Nuno. Both men were sitting out on the right wing, 2 centre mids, not showing for the CBs. We literally had 4 CMs on the pitch and for large parts of 2nd half you couldn't see any in the middle. It was truly bad if anyone watches the 5 mins before them two go off then the 5 after they go how Skipp becomes the anchor to show for the CBs.

Today we played the likely 1st or 2nd for the league. They're better than us so the defeat isn't shocking it's just how bad we became in the 2nd half. Totally pressed in our own half and rarely got it up the pitch.

Our best team is close to or what we had on the pitch today. We have to commit to this now and hope a consistent run will let the team start to click.

Worrying times for us, we're just so so underwhelming way too often. Nuno does need time to see what his best delivers but I doubt he will get much.
Drop Kane?
If he isn't playing, he definitely won't get an expensive move. Seems like he's being a tad lazy for sure

Back
Top Bottom